I'm picking her up tomorrow
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, I'm picking her up tomorrow in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Tomorrow is the big day , picking up 2.0 . Is there anything I should take a close look at ...
    transam00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

I'm picking her up tomorrow

Tomorrow is the big day , picking up 2.0 . Is there anything I should take a close look at before I drive it off the lot ?
    ben.gators likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Re: I'm picking her up tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by transam00 View Post
    Tomorrow is the big day , picking up 2.0 . Is there anything I should take a close look at before I drive it off the lot ?

test drive it obviously, make sure the idle is smooth cuz some of them are rough. and make sure u realize that CUE doesnt mean nav. base model doesnt come with real leather. anything under performance model doesnt have the front/doorhandle LEDs or HIDs. only premium has magnetic ride control. some ppl bought their cars without checking all the stuff i mentioned and ended up less than happy. so make sure u know what ur getting and what ur not getting.

Savoy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Good luck with her. Really an awesome car I love mine and get compliments All the time.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

There's a lot of menu choices and things you can customize depending upon the model. Just have the dealer rep walk you through them. Enjoy the new ride!

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium
    Give it a good going over inside and out and document everything wrong scratches,rubs on body wheels etc. Dealer should give you a copy of the list for things you find that they will fix. And don't let the finance guy sell you things you don't need. And last press hard when you sign and enjoy!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
    ben.gators and Pie R Squared like this.

transam00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

Thanks for all the help full tips .

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

The only thing I would add is strongly consider making them fix everything you note before you complete the sale. It's rare but there are some real horror stories about botched fixes that were 1000 times worse than the original problem, or being told that thing you hated wasn't a problem but a feature. Its not a Cadillac thing, just something that can happen with any car purchase.

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    The only thing I would add is strongly consider making them fix everything you note before you complete the sale. It's rare but there are some real horror stories about botched fixes that were 1000 times worse than the original problem, or being told that thing you hated wasn't a problem but a feature. Its not a Cadillac thing, just something that can happen with any car purchase.
    I agree. Plus remember, don't sign for the car and "take delivery" before you inspect the car. Even if the car is being "prepped" or being "detailed", wait until you have a chance to inspect/drive the car before you sign papers accepting delivery of the vehicle.

Neuroleptic is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo manual

Take pictures on your first day with her!

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Check your windshield wipers, make sure they work. I have heard horror stories about non working wipers and Cadillacs total refusal to fix them.

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    Check your windshield wipers, make sure they work. I have heard horror stories about non working wipers and Cadillacs total refusal to fix them.
    ^^
    Windshield wipers not working and Gm not fixing this under warranty???? How can that be? Seriously.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I'm joking but if you read some of the complaints on these forums you would think everything doesn't work and GM won't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    I'm joking but if you read some of the complaints on these forums you would think everything doesn't work and GM won't fix it.
    Ahh ok. lol

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by transam00 View Post
    Hello transam00,

Welcome to Cadillac Owners! You must be excited to have your ATS in your hands. Post a picture of your beauty so we can see it. Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and are here to assist with vehicle inquiries and concerns. If you ever need to contact us, we can be reached via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

David is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6; 1992 Cadillac Allanté

Hope you love your new ATS as much as I have loved mine (owned it since 12/20/12); fantastic car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.