Exhaust leak 2.0T
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Exhaust leak 2.0T in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I noticed the other day the car smelled like exhaust -- last night I used remote start and the smell ...
    WannaV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Exhaust leak 2.0T

I noticed the other day the car smelled like exhaust -- last night I used remote start and the smell was almost unbearable. I made it home, but I didn't feel good. This am, backed it out of garage, and couldn't even make it 2 miles to work. Parked it. Going to have to have dealership tow it in as it is too bad to drive 20 miles in it. Wondered if anyone else has had exhaust leak? I had the exhaust manifold/turbo bolt tightening recall done on it in the summer. I have 10K on it and it is a 2.0T.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Exhaust leak 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by WannaV View Post
    I noticed the other day the car smelled like exhaust -- last night I used remote start and the smell was almost unbearable. I made it home, but I didn't feel good. This am, backed it out of garage, and couldn't even make it 2 miles to work. Parked it. Going to have to have dealership tow it in as it is too bad to drive 20 miles in it. Wondered if anyone else has had exhaust leak? I had the exhaust manifold/turbo bolt tightening recall done on it in the summer. I have 10K on it and it is a 2.0T.
    I am sorry to hear you have been experiencing an exhaust leak smell, WannaV. I would like to stay involved throughout your process while working with the dealer. Please contact me via private message so we can further discuss your situation.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Took car to dealership and they couldn't duplicate the problem. They did tighten all bolts on exhaust system. Problem seems to occur only when I remote start car and let it idle for at least 5 min. I did notice this am that i rolled down the window at a stop and the exhaust was blowing back toward the front of the car and it had a very strong smell..... Is it possible that it is running rich without throwing any codes? I am running 93 octane and outside air temp is running 18-45 degrees F.

Took car to dealership and they couldn't duplicate the problem. They did tighten all bolts on exhaust system. Problem seems to occur only when I remote start car and let it idle for at least 5 min. I did notice this am that i rolled down the window at a stop and the exhaust was blowing back toward the front of the car and it had a very strong smell..... Is it possible that it is running rich without throwing any codes? I am running 93 octane and outside air temp is running 18-45 degrees F.
    Hello WannaV,

Thank you for taking the time to update the thread. I understand how it can be frustrating when the dealer is unable to duplicate your vehicle concern. I have documented your concern and our interactions. If you work with your dealer again, please let me know. If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Dealership has had my car exactly 1 week. Got a call today and they found the leak - said it was turbo wastegate leaking exhaust. Shield that covers turbo was coated with black soot. I am glad they finally found it - they really went the extra mile to find my elusive problem.

Dealership has had my car exactly 1 week. Got a call today and they found the leak - said it was turbo wastegate leaking exhaust. Shield that covers turbo was coated with black soot. I am glad they finally found it - they really went the extra mile to find my elusive problem.
    Hello WannaV,

I am glad your dealer was able to locate your vehicle leak and help resolve your concern. I hope you will be able to enjoy your ATS now, as you should! If you ever have additional questions, don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.