ATS sport setting
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, ATS sport setting in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hi all. I have an ats3.6 premium and love it. Its one cracker of a car. I just have one ...
    jibran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

ATS sport setting

Hi all.
    I have an ats3.6 premium and love it. Its one cracker of a car.
    I just have one query, when we hit sport which vehicle parameters get changed? I mean I know its sharpens up the suspension but does it sharpen throttle and transmission points also?
    Regards

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

bowtie_30 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium

Re: ATS sport setting

Magnetic Ride Control (the suspension) and steering stiffens. For an automatic tranny your shift point changes but I have a manual so that doesn't change obviously. haha

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by bowtie_30 View Post
    Magnetic Ride Control (the suspension) and steering stiffens. For an automatic tranny your shift point changes but I have a manual so that doesn't change obviously. haha
    Hey bowtie do you have any idea, when using sport mode, what the shift point/RPMs are?

bowtie_30 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium

No idea, I shift when I want to. Haha ;-) Obviously it's at a higher shift point for more aggressive driving versus getting good fuel economy at lower RPM's I have no idea what exact RPM it shifts at though. Sorry I'm not of much help.

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It is much more complicated than that. The shift points are not just a function of RPMs. They are also a function of how much load the engine is under, how much throttle you are using, and I would bet it also is a function of what you have been doing to the car for the last several seconds. For example, if you are casually driving, the shift points are lower than if you are aggressively on the throttle. If you are going up a mountain (more load on the engine) the shift points are higher also. Also, I can tell that the shift points also depend not only on what I am asking from the car at the moment, but also on how I have been driving for some time interval (at least several seconds) previously.

jibran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6
    Thanks java girl

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by JavaGirl View Post
    It is much more complicated than that. The shift points are not just a function of RPMs. They are also a function of how much load the engine is under, how much throttle you are using, and I would bet it also is a function of what you have been doing to the car for the last several seconds. For example, if you are casually driving, the shift points are lower than if you are aggressively on the throttle. If you are going up a mountain (more load on the engine) the shift points are higher also. Also, I can tell that the shift points also depend not only on what I am asking from the car at the moment, but also on how I have been driving for some time interval (at least several seconds) previously.
    OK, Javagirl, got what you are saying; but, nonetheless, shouldn't there be a RPM range at which the car will shift gears as one accelerates in SM?

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    I think it also senses lateral G's and holds gears longer if it thinks you are driving aggressively. I've had it happen a few times in sport mode, accelerating hard through a corner and letting off, it'll hold the gear for a few seconds, waiting for you to get on it again.

bbrown450 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS-Performance

There are as many variables that get factored in as you have in all of your fingers and toes...these are built into an algorithm this has to do with the countless hours they spent at the "Ring" (green monster) in Germany. Not unlike people this is the car's "personality" when pushed or aggressed it factors in all of the elements and throws everything it has in it's arsenal to bare on it for both safety as well as fun.
    I traded in my 2011 Grand Sport Vette for my 3.6 performance and like other Chevy models it had a "Dual Mode" exhaust, a vacuum based system that took a lot of factors into account (RPM's, Gforces, gearing , pitch , yaw ect..) at some point over 3000 rpm it would open a valve and make (2) of the (4) tail pipes functional and it totally changed the note.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.