How does your service department treat you?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, How does your service department treat you? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I suspect this may vary from dealership to dealership and not brand to brand, but... With my BMW when I ...
    torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

How does your service department treat you?

I suspect this may vary from dealership to dealership and not brand to brand, but...

With my BMW when I brought my car in for service it was like I was their most valued client every time. I was greeted pleasantly, there was a full spread of food and beverages (bagels, donuts, sandwiches, juice, water, coffee), the waiting area looked like a luxury hotel lobby, and the service writers were always attentive and friendly. Regardless of the reason the car was there (including routine maintenance that BMW provided at no charge), I was offered a no hassle loaner, my car was washed and waxed and my gas tank filled.

With my Infiniti, it was a major step down. No one was rude per se, but it was more or less like bringing your car to a standard repair shop. The waiting area was decent, they sometimes had a box of cookies or something, and a single cup coffee machine. The service writers were very straight forward and all about business. Get em in and get em out. They only offered a loaner car if you were in for major maintenance that would require your car held for more than half the day. It was hit or miss if they washed it, I guess it depended on how busy they were.

With Cadillac, it is much closer to the Infiniti experience than the BMW experience only worse. You pull into a garage, tell them why you're there and they take your car. Then you stand in the garage area and wait for the service writer to waive you to his desk. If you request a loaner, you have to "rent" a car from the Enterprise rental desk??? Cadillac pays for it, but it's still technically a rental in your name. If you choose to stay, there is coffee all the way on the other side of the dealership, through the showroom which you can get and bring back to the little waiting area with an old t.v. and 3 chairs. The service writers are all business and usually tell you that your complaint is normal. The only time your car is washed and gassed seems to be in a recall type situation where they requested you come in.

Of all the cars I've driven, the Cadillac is by far the most expensive. I really expected more from Cadillac, a name that is synonymous with the pinnacle of the category. I mean, seriously, when something is the best in it's respective category people refer to it as "The Cadillac of <insert category here>."

How about anyone else? What are your experiences like?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Was this reniks Cadillac? Sounds exactly like it

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

Re: How does your service department treat you?

Sounds like Holman too, but I've gotten loaners right from the service writer's area.

FWIW, I haven't considered any of my experiences so far at Holman bad ones. They have a nice, clean waiting area with some refreshments, tvs, wifi, clean restrooms, etc. The dealership is only a few years old, so it's of no surprise to me that everything in there is nice.

David is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6; 1992 Cadillac Allanté

Sorry about the previous posts; believe me, not all Cadillac dealers are like that. ANY dealer/car brand can have this type of bad service.

Now: Let me tell you about Willis Cadillac in the Des Moines area: I've been a customer there (originally the name of the dealership was Betts Cadillac) since 1982; their service is 2nd to NONE: Great experience; great follow-up
    after service, etc. The Willis experience always makes me feel as though I'm the most important customer they have ever had to opportunity to serve: the way all dealerships should be.

In today's society: quality and service seems to be a thing of the past; I think that Willis Cadillac continues to raise the proverbial bar, and continues to be rated one of the best dealerships in the Des Moines area for any dealership,
    regardless of the brand. I also know that they are also rated one of the best Cadillac dealerships in the U.S.

off1c3r is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance AWD

When I first switched to Caddy a few years back, I went around to several dealerships. I'm glad I settled on the one I did in NYC. Every service, every issue, every squeak, to simple questions, I was given as much time as I needed. The customer service has been consistently top notch. Never dropped. Which is the reason I recommended all my friends to go to my dealership. The same goes for my Chevy dealership that I go to for my other vehicle. Absolutely top notch.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Not all BMW dealerships are as you describe and neither are Cadillac dealerships. I don't think this has anything to do with what brand car they sell. My Cadillac dealer has a very nice waiting room with coffee, snacks a fridge with all types of free refreshments and a couple of televisions. Now my Audi dealership had a crappy waiting room with only complimentary coffee. I honestly want a dealership that treats me special and does excellent work. I don't need to be fed or pampered when I take my car in for service. All I really want is for my car to be serviced properly and in a timely manor. I can feed myself when I get back home.

richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David
    Sorry about the previous posts; believe me, not all Cadillac dealers are like that. ANY dealer/car brand can have this type of bad service. Now: Let me tell you about Willis Cadillac in the Des Moines area: I've been a customer there (originally the name of the dealership was Betts Cadillac) since 1982; their service is 2nd to NONE: Great experience; great follow-up after service, etc. The Willis experience always makes me feel as though I'm the most important customer they have ever had to opportunity to serve: the way all dealerships should be. In today's society: quality and service seems to be a thing of the past; I think that Willis Cadillac continues to raise the proverbial bar, and continues to be rated one of the best dealerships in the Des Moines area for any dealership, regardless of the brand. I also know that they are also rated one of the best Cadillac dealerships in the U.S.
    Same with the marvelous Hendrick Cadillac in Kansas City, MO. I'm a real fanboy, and with good reason.

ThunderGray is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium, 2012 SRX Premium

Funny, my wife and I have owned two BMWs. The last was a 2011. Service in Florida and here in Texas was absolutely the worse. Service appt. we're difficult to get at a reasonable time. Never ready when promised. Getting a loaner car was difficult to schedule. I was treated better at my Chevy dealer.

Now we own a 2012 SRX and a 2013ATS. our dealer here is great. Totally opposite of BMW or Chevrolet.

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Well then, as I suspected... Dealer specific.

nc-atsman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Hendrick Cadillac in Cary NC is on top of their game. Excellent service and treatment worthy of America's finest domestic nameplate. First Caddy, many Hendrick GM products - service and support have always been stellar.

mels1229 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    I just had my car serviced on Friday. No wait to see the service advisor, but I think I was the 1st appointment of the day at 7:00. Nice single cup coffee machine (each cup freshly ground with choice of strength), but powdered creamer sort of ruined it. No other snacks. Small waiting area integrated with the showroom has a TV with mostly canned content. They have 2 desk cubicles, where I sat and was able to connect to wi-fi and get some work accomplished while I waited. Service advisor begged me for a 100% positive survey, which I expect to get in the mail. I also got a follow up call from him on Monday. Nice touch!

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

I haven't really decided on the dealer. I didn't buy locally, it hasn't needed any warranty work and I do my own maintenance. I may have to waste a trip every time I rotate the tires because of incredible stupidity from Cadillac to remove the ability for a car to relearn where sensors are via a owner procedure.

I know the dealer closest to me had a row of coffee carafes in sales when I was shopping. All were empty.

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

My local dealership, which is the only one on the entire island, has coffee machines in a small waiting area integrated with the showroom and there are two LCD tvs there! But who wants to sit and watch TV when you have all of those cars in the showroom! When I am done with the showroom cars, I walk outside and check out other new and used cars in the lot! They seem to be good and friendly people. But so far I haven't had any special problem to see how well or badly they treat me!

As mentioned before, it seems that it differs from dealer to dealer! I am even going to say that you experience differs based on who is your service adviser or sales guy too!

duneless is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): black raven 2013 ats4 3.6

Ive owned both BMW and Cadillac. My BMW dealer and staff where stuck up. Cadillac dealer is nothing like that. My Cadillac I can bring right in for service. After, they wash it and clean in side. They also give me a choice of a loaner. MY BMW I HAD TO WAIT A MONTH TO GET IN OR EVEN JUST TO FIX IT. I'm done with that. Not to mention the cost to maintain it.Parts are sky high. At that point I had to become a BMW mechanic on the weekends.

Blk99vett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

My last visit to the Cadillac dealer for oil change, tire rotation and a few other items...
    Received 2014 ATS loaner 2.0 base model (received buick loaner on first oil change visit) The loaner ATS drove awesome. Better tranny tuning than 2013 model? Very comfy leatherette seats. Picked up my car the next day. Car was not washed or vaccumed. I was ok with this even though this was one of their selling point perks. What really bothered me happened the next day....wiper fluid low level alarm. I'm thinking that the "free maintenance" plan we all purchased from Cadillac for our cars doen't include a $3 bottle of wiper fluid.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.