WeatherTech Floor Liners - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, WeatherTech Floor Liners in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; These weren't available when I got my ATS in November so I bought the "factory" all-weather mats. Those are thick ...
    Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

Re: WeatherTech Floor Liners

These weren't available when I got my ATS in November so I bought the "factory" all-weather mats. Those are thick and unsightly but the grooves will hold a lot of crud between washings. Bert

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by USe-car View Post
    Since the owner emphasizes that his products are "Made In America", I once wrote him and asked him if he buys American. He told me that he drives a BMW and is not old enough to drive a Cadillac. I didn't buy his product.
    Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    So how long ago was this? Maybe he is old enough now and with the ATS the younger the better.
    I'm glad that this product is "Made in America" as the quality is very good. It's nice to see products of higher quality made here and it certainly helps with my decision. However, perhaps BMW represents a larger portion of his sales. He might just be a smart business owner and following the 80/20 rule.

I also tend to agree about his Cadillac assessment as I pretty much ruled out a Cadillac until the ATS made it's debut. Growing up, Cadillacs were big, long and cushy. Now that they have a true performance sedan that competes with the best in it's class, I'm interested.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by MSG C5 View Post
    I'm glad that this product is "Made in America" as the quality is very good. It's nice to see products of higher quality made here and it certainly helps with my decision. However, perhaps BMW represents a larger portion of his sales. He might just be a smart business owner and following the 80/20 rule.
    A flaw in that theory is that a smart business person who drives what a lot of his customers do in order to seem simpatico would never offend other customers by dissing their cars. He might say he drives a BMW because he sells a lot of product for them or more likely keep his mouth shut.

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    A flaw in that theory is that a smart business person who drives what a lot of his customers do in order to seem simpatico would never offend other customers by dissing their cars. He might say he drives a BMW because he sells a lot of product for them or more likely keep his mouth shut.
    He certainly could have been more diplomatic with his response. He might have been just trying to be funny and it was a failed attempt at humor. They do make a great floorliner though and I doubt I will care what kind of car he drives after I spill my iced mocha latte and as long as the floor mat contains the spill.

I used to live in the Chicago area and drove by their production plant in the SW burbs. The company has really grown over the past few years.

ATS
    ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Performance AWD T

I had sent an email, to get notified when they are here...

Here in Canada ,*about 100$ more than the CAdillac OEM... i don't see the point

drew_351 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS4 3.6L Premium

I recently purchased an ATS and decided to order the WeatherTech floor mats for the car. The rear mats really do fit perfect. The front passenger mat is close, but it does not completely fit the curve of the floor where it dips down farther under the dash. So when you put your feet on the mat it will flex down to the shape I would have expected it to be in the first place. Drivers mat does the same thing, and doesn't really fit great around the pedals. I also noticed that both front mats catch the drivers seat a bit as you move it forward from a back position. I need to push the mat down with my hand as I move the seat forward so it doesn't catch.

Does anyone else have these problems? Do the mats shape themselves better to the car over time? Are mine just defective?

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Good on this end re the peddle fitment area; with my wife in the car (didn't notice myself as I had the seat further back) she did mention the seat contact after awhile, so I just trimmed a wee bit off the back edge and that's good too now.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I've bought many weathertech products in the past but I must say the factory all weather matts and cargo matt are really nice and work just as well. I think weathertech products are overpriced since the factory units cost half as much are more flexible and thicker.

jbonacci is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '14 CTS Luxury 2.0T & '13 SRX4 Performance

Has anyone had any issues with their WeatherTechs losing shape after putting them in? I have used WeatherTechs for several different vehicles, but with my previous '12 Regal GS, I went through 3 different sets of them directly from WeatherTech. Here is the link to exactly the issues I had:

http://buickforums.com/forums/showth...ht=weathertech

Also, the set I have in my wifes SRX aren't staying on top of the floor posts anymore either, they are sliding forward. I was just wondering before I spent the money on them.

Trailblazer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS AWD 2.0T Premium

I have to say these liners are the worse I have ever seen. At least for the driver side. I have used Weathertech in 4 of my past vehicles before and I am most unhappy with the ATS liners. The driver side mat collects all the melted snow and dump the salty water on the carpet right by the accelerator pedal. I have to look for better all-weather mats. This one is a disaster.

ATS
    ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Performance AWD T

Heres my take on them , i owned them for the past 3.5 months of winter

When it comes to cars i always said , Montreal is the proper test, crazy drops of weather horrible roads and loads of salt, this is no exeption

I could post pics but i found it not worth the money at all, they dont fit flush especially the driver. Why is this a big deal ?

I know loads of people with WEathertech , they are great and theres no ''leak'' basically rocks and salt stay out of the carpet.

NOT my case i have white crusty carpets at every corner, just as bad as my 20$ carpets on my previous car.

Must be a first batch issue they will fix eventually, because weathertech always made top notch products

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Does anyone using the OE all weather in this type of an environment have any comments as to how they perform? Mine work great in Northern VA but this is no place to test.

73JPS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance 6MT

Well, I have a set of aftermarket mats I'm using in the summer, since I consider them nicer than the OEM mats; by which I mean I re-installed the OEM mats for winter. We have had a good and proper winter here (first time in about 25 years), and the mats are getting salty and crappy just like one would expect them to. I have never had any difficulty in cleaning this stuff up (mats or carpet) come spring, so in answer to your question, the OEM mats work fine. I am, however, a full-on hater of winter and I grudgingly accept the mess for four months.... though it is pretty depressing.
    GJB likes this.

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by 73JPS View Post
    Well, I have a set of aftermarket mats I'm using in the summer, since I consider them nicer than the OEM mats; by which I mean I re-installed the OEM mats for winter. We have had a good and proper winter here (first time in about 25 years), and the mats are getting salty and crappy just like one would expect them to. I have never had any difficulty in cleaning this stuff up (mats or carpet) come spring, so in answer to your question, the OEM mats work fine. I am, however, a full-on hater of winter and I grudgingly accept the mess for four months.... though it is pretty depressing.
    Thats a good way to use the OEM mat that came with the car. When I said the OE mats I was refering to the Cadillac ATS option rubber all weather mats.

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    I have the winter mats from Cadillac and have had no problem with melted snow capacity. Fit is perfect and shoes don't slide.....I've driven about 10,000km with them and no signs of wear. The ATS stamped in the side is a nice touch.
    GJB likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.