Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Today I closed the deal on a 2014 ATS AWD Premium. Exterior: Black Raven Interior: Morello Red with Jet Black ...
    Trailblazer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS AWD 2.0T Premium

Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium

Today I closed the deal on a 2014 ATS AWD Premium.
    Exterior: Black Raven
    Interior: Morello Red with Jet Black Accents
    Cold Weather Package
    Power Sunroof

MSRP: $48,770
    GM Supplier price: $43,719

I traded in my 2009 Cobalt SS and got $11,250 for it. I loved this car and didn't want to let it go, but it was for a good cause

Only remaining question: Should I pay $3000 for 7 year bumber to bumper warrantee? I will pass it on to my daughter when it is time to get a new car.

I will take delivery this upcoming week.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Re: Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium

Congrats! Please post some pics after you take delivery! Sounds like a great combo.

As to the extended warranty, what is the mileage restriction? $3000 can fix a lot of repairs over 3 years.

kars79 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 09 escalade
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazer
    Today I closed the deal on a 2014 ATS AWD Premium. Exterior: Black Raven Interior: Morello Red with Jet Black Accents Cold Weather Package Power Sunroof MSRP: $48,770 GM Supplier price: $43,719 I traded in my 2009 Cobalt SS and got $11,250 for it. I loved this car and didn't want to let it go, but it was for a good cause Only remaining question: Should I pay $3000 for 7 year bumber to bumper warrantee? I will pass it on to my daughter when it is time to get a new car. I will take delivery this upcoming week.
    Congrats on your upcoming purchase,
    Pass on any kind of warranty that you have to pay for.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Beautiful car, especially with the Morello Red. Incredible deal.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Congrats! Negotiate a little and get the extended warranty. Any work on a Cadillac is expensive!

JSD13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I just realized I should have gotten the premium. I got a performance with 18'' forged wheels, sunroof and cue/nav and cold weather. MSRP was $48,415. For $300 more I would have gotten the folding rear seat and HUD.

Trailblazer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS AWD 2.0T Premium

JDS13, Your configuration was what I had in mind at first. Until I realized that it was only $300 more to get the HUD and folding rear seat. Well worth it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazer View Post
    JDS13, Your configuration was what I had in mind at first. Until I realized that it was only $300 more to get the HUD and folding rear seat. Well worth it for me.
    Yea, I didn't even realize at the time. Oh well. $10/month for a HUD/Folding seat I'd probly rarely use anyway. Had the folding seat in my Infiniti and used it maybe once in 3 years. I'm over it.

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2.0T 6MT

Just think of it as a weight savings, those foldable seats are heavy.

Anyone know the other differences between the Premium and Performance?

Edit: The magnetic ride control is standard on the Premium? So I basically left the HUD, folding seat, MRC, and better suspension on the table for ~$350?? How is that possible?

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2.0T 6MT

Now I am rather annoyed. A few hundred for a folding seat and HUD is one thing, but knowing that I missed out on the magnetic ride as well for that money is just sickening. I cant even believe they are so close in price with those differences.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

I'm not sure where you get the $300. You can't compare what one person paid for a Premium and what another person paid for a Performance. Every deal is different. I guarantee there are people who paid MORE for a similar Performance than someone else paid for a Premium. There are probably at least a few who paid more for a Luxury than someone else paid for a Premium. Apples and Oranges.

A no option RWD Premium was $3000 more (MSRP) than a no-option Performance in 2013. Add Nav and 18" wheels to the Performance (std in Premium) and the difference drops to $1350 MSRP.

On the other side of the coin, nobody mentioned in this thread that the Premium also has performance tires which alone are a $1000 option on some cars.

And don't forget the Premium's staggered wheels/tire sizes (RWD) which are a plus or minus depending on your preference.

So I wouldn't expect too many Performance with Nav and 18" wheels in a dealer inventory. I always wondered if anyone else but me special ordered a Performance that way. It only made sense if you REALLY didn't want something standard on the Premium like MRC, staggered wheels, etc.. I didn't think there were many like me who were in that category.

edit: this post was based on 2013 RWD and not 2014 AWD like the other posts.

Mine is AWD. I am getting $300 from the MSRP differences between the OPs car and mine.

CTSCHICK Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post

So I wouldn't expect too many Performance with Nav and 18" wheels in a dealer inventory. I always wondered if anyone else but me special ordered a Performance that way. It only made sense if you REALLY didn't want something standard on the Premium like MRC, staggered wheels, etc.. I didn't think there were many like me who were in that category.
    ^ I didnt order mine but that is basically what I set out wanting.
    I just wanted the hid's, L.e.d.'s, 18" none staggered wheels and nav on a rwd 2.0
    It left me with 3 car to chose from within about 80 miles or so.

18. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.