Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by JSD13 Mine is AWD. I am getting $300 from the MSRP differences between the OPs car and ...
  1. #16
    Hoosier Daddy's Avatar
    Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Winchestertonfieldville, AZ
    Age
    65
    Posts
    4,295

    Re: Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium

    Quote Originally Posted by JSD13 View Post
    Mine is AWD. I am getting $300 from the MSRP differences between the OPs car and mine.
    Gotcha. I didn't know or expect the difference (no options) was $2,100 for AWD compared to $3,000 for RWD. But that was still $505 MSRP apart after you add Nav and wheels. Sounds like they closed the gap even more for 2014. Wonder why? So does that mean they jacked the price for Performance up more than they did for Premium in 2014?

  2. #17
    JSD13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Age
    30
    Posts
    105

    Re: Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Gotcha. I didn't know or expect the difference (no options) was $2,100 for AWD compared to $3,000 for RWD. But that was still $505 MSRP apart after you add Nav and wheels. Sounds like they closed the gap even more for 2014. Wonder why? So does that mean they jacked the price for Performance up more than they did for Premium in 2014?
    Couldn't tell you. I'm just mad at myself for not realizing this after researching the car for weeks.

  3. #18
    Trailblazer's Avatar
    Trailblazer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS AWD 2.0T Premium
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Posts
    43
    Thread Starter

    Re: Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium

    JSD13, I think you only lost out on the HUD and the folding rear seat. I believe the MRC and Performance suspension are only available on the RWD card. Our cars are AWD.

  4. #19
    JSD13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Age
    30
    Posts
    105

    Re: Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazer View Post
    JSD13, I think you only lost out on the HUD and the folding rear seat. I believe the MRC and Performance suspension are only available on the RWD card. Our cars are AWD.
    I think you're right. Makes the pill a little easier to swallow. Back to enjoying the damn car

  5. #20
    Atswatcher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazer View Post
    JSD13, I think you only lost out on the HUD and the folding rear seat. I believe the MRC and Performance suspension are only available on the RWD card. Our cars are AWD.
    How about limited split differential (LSD)?

  6. #21
    JSD13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Age
    30
    Posts
    105

    Re: Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium

    Quote Originally Posted by Atswatcher View Post
    How about limited split differential (LSD)?
    You mean limited slip? Don't know for sure but I don't think that would apply with the AWD.

  7. #22
    GJB's Avatar
    GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build Date 12/21/2012
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium

    Does not apply to the ATS4.

  8. #23
    JSD13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Age
    30
    Posts
    105

    Re: Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium

    Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    Does not apply to the ATS4.
    Figured as much.

    So basically what it comes down to is $355 extra for HUD and 60/40. Probably worth it if you use those things, but not the worst thing ever if you don't.

  9. #24
    GJB's Avatar
    GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build Date 12/21/2012
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium

    Quote Originally Posted by JSD13 View Post
    Figured as much.

    So basically what it comes down to is $355 extra for HUD and 60/40. Probably worth it if you use those things, but not the worst thing ever if you don't.
    Pretty much and yes worth it if you want it, which I did. Getting the HUD without having to pay for the assistance pkg just to get it was good for me. I think the best Value as far as what you get is if you go for the RWD Premium.

  10. #25
    Atswatcher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by JSD13 View Post

    You mean limited slip? Don't know for sure but I don't think that would apply with the AWD.
    Ooops, your are correct

    So if the AWD does not have MRC nor LSD, it comes down to just the HUD and folding rear seats for $300.

    Anyone compared the difference for RWD?

  11. #26
    JSD13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Age
    30
    Posts
    105

    Re: Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium

    Quote Originally Posted by Atswatcher View Post
    Ooops, your are correct

    So if the AWD does not have MRC nor LSD, it comes down to just the HUD and folding rear seats for $300.

    Anyone compared the difference for RWD?
    I'd imagine things get different there because you are comparing with the MRC. For the AWD the difference is $355.

  12. #27
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    11,791

    Re: Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium

    Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazer View Post
    Today I closed the deal on a 2014 ATS AWD Premium.
    Exterior: Black Raven
    Interior: Morello Red with Jet Black Accents
    Cold Weather Package
    Power Sunroof

    MSRP: $48,770
    GM Supplier price: $43,719

    I traded in my 2009 Cobalt SS and got $11,250 for it. I loved this car and didn't want to let it go, but it was for a good cause

    Only remaining question: Should I pay $3000 for 7 year bumber to bumper warrantee? I will pass it on to my daughter when it is time to get a new car.

    I will take delivery this upcoming week.
    Hello Trailblazer,

    Congratulations on your upcoming purchase of a 2014 ATS Premium. Post some pictures once you have your Cadillac in your hands! Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and we are here to assist with questions and concerns. If any arise, please contact us via private message so we can help.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  13. #28
    Maxplot's Avatar
    Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    285
    I had to have HUD. I can't see the top of the speedometer because the top of the steering wheel is in the way and blocks my vision. This is the case with most cars and I have to duck my head to check speed. After an hour or so I get a neck and head ache. HUD is fantastic.

  14. #29
    GJB's Avatar
    GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build Date 12/21/2012
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,194

    Re: Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium

    Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot View Post
    I had to have HUD. I can't see the top of the speedometer because the top of the steering wheel is in the way and blocks my vision. This is the case with most cars and I have to duck my head to check speed. After an hour or so I get a neck and head ache. HUD is fantastic.

    So the adjustment range of the steering wheel does not give you enough visibility? You must sit tall in he seat.

  15. #30
    Maxplot's Avatar
    Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    285

    Re: Closed deal on 2014 ATS AWD Premium

    Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    So the adjustment range of the steering wheel does not give you enough visibility? You must sit tall in he seat.
    Yeah. If I adjust the wheel high enough to see the speed, it's very uncomfortable to drive. Move your wheel all the way to the top and tell me if you like driving like that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting