All you leasing experts...
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, All you leasing experts... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Sorry to repost some info here, I am just trying to figure out what I am missing. I have made ...
    JSD13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

All you leasing experts...

Sorry to repost some info here, I am just trying to figure out what I am missing. I have made a deal locally for a 2014 ATS AWD Performance with an MSRP of $48,415. The deal looks like this:

The deal is set up with $2k out of pocket for me. However when I plug all numbers into this lease calculator, I get around $1500 due at signing and a slightly lower payment:

Can anyone tell me what I am missing? What I am doing wrong? Dealer tells me his invoice is $46,6xx but Edmunds has it lower. In any case I am just trying to figure out what I am doing wrong in calculating the payment.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: All you leasing experts...

Well, I am not a leasing expert, but I will try to help.

Tell them to give you a breakdown of every fee, including, license, title, registration, et cetera.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by JSD13 View Post
    Can anyone tell me what I am missing? What I am doing wrong? Dealer tells me his invoice is $46,6xx but Edmunds has it lower.
    Regarding that, many on-line sites list the invoice WITHOUT regional items such as advertising which do appear on certain types of invoices. Some of those costs are even optional to a dealer (not optional paying if on there but being on there in the first place). For those reasons, the web sites really can't keep track of all the possibilities plus even showing them might make it even more confusing to shoppers. You can argue that those additional fees should come out of the hold back, etc.. but its really only an issue if you base a deal on invoice price which is why I won't do that any more. Be careful. I have seen dealers falsify what some of those other items are when doing a deal based on invoice plus or minus.

Out of curiosity, what was the ~$200 aftermarket? If it was any kind of paint or interior protection or something like that they will typically scratch that if you insist because they (a) know its pretty much worthless, and (b) probably only costs then $2 to do it. LoL

JSD13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Regarding that, many on-line sites list the invoice WITHOUT regional items such as advertising which do appear on certain types of invoices. Some of those costs are even optional to a dealer (not optional paying if on there but being on there in the first place). For those reasons, the web sites really can't keep track of all the possibilities plus even showing them might make it even more confusing to shoppers. You can argue that those additional fees should come out of the hold back, etc.. but its really only an issue if you base a deal on invoice price which is why I won't do that any more. Be careful. I have seen dealers falsify what some of those other items are when doing a deal based on invoice plus or minus.

Out of curiosity, what was the ~$200 aftermarket? If it was any kind of paint or interior protection or something like that they will typically scratch that if you insist because they (a) know its pretty much worthless, and (b) probably only costs then $2 to do it. LoL
    Good question, I don't know what that 199 is. I'll have to ask. I also don't know why the tax is listed as I thought tax was rolled into lease payments. Either way I think its a good deal, I just want to understand it all.

caddycruiser is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '93 Fleetwood Brougham...Dad's

Quote Originally Posted by JSD13 View Post
    Good question, I don't know what that 199 is. I'll have to ask. I also don't know why the tax is listed as I thought tax was rolled into lease payments. Either way I think its a good deal, I just want to understand it all.
    The screen you were provided is the internal Reynolds & Reynolds dealer system screen for lease, finance, etc. deal calculation.

You will always see a total tax amount because although you are paying tax rolled into your payment, it is still broken out as a separate line item so that you can see the total amount of it. Online calculators NEVER are correct, just close, and Reynolds sets these lease calculator programs up by state and they are in accordance with manufacturer guidelines. The only items that can change are sale price of car and money down, otherwise the factors & terms are set.

In my experience, I would say looking at it quickly, your calculator is missing proper tax calculation for NJ, along with state fees for tags & registration. NJ has high fees for these items as you have to pre-pay tag/registration for multiple years up front, not just one.

Although some states charge tax just based on the payment amount, NJ charges a lump sum tax on overall amount difference between sale price and residual, and then items such as money down/cap cost reduction/etc. are also taxed. This lump sum is then rolled back in to the overall, and effectively split amongst the payments but not based on the payments themselves.

Every state tax calculation, etc is a bit different and why the online programs do not work or match. Tax that dealer screen above, adjust your sale price and/or money down and you will see any changes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.