Crystal Red vs. Red Obsession - Difference?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pissedoffwookiee
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Crystal Red vs. Red Obsession - Difference? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Anyone know what the major difference is between the 2013 Crystal Red and the 2014 Red Obsession? They seem pretty ...
    MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Crystal Red vs. Red Obsession - Difference?

Anyone know what the major difference is between the 2013 Crystal Red and the 2014 Red Obsession? They seem pretty similar based on the online photos so I'm wondering if anyone has seen each one up close and can give a review.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Pie R Squared is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS RWD 3.6 Premium Red Obsession/Platinum

Re: Crystal Red vs. Red Obsession - Difference?

I was able to compare the two colors next to each other and the Red Obsession seemed to be a deeper or darker red. I liked the Red Obsession much better than the Crystal Red.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie R Squared View Post
    I was able to compare the two colors next to each other and the Red Obsession seemed to be a deeper or darker red. I liked the Red Obsession much better than the Crystal Red.
    Thanks. For me, that's good to know because I really like the Morello Red with Jet Black accents and carbon fiber trim, however it appears to be a darker red so hopefully the two reds match up well.

Pie R Squared is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS RWD 3.6 Premium Red Obsession/Platinum

I saw that combo on a 2013 ATS and it was too much red/red for me. I do like the carbon fiber trim and wish it would come with the Platinum but don't want to spend the extra money for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pie R Squared View Post
    I saw that combo on a 2013 ATS and it was too much red/red for me. I do like the carbon fiber trim and wish it would come with the Platinum but don't want to spend the extra money for it.
    I'm also a little aprehensive about too much red. I really like the Red Obsession exterior, however I'm not 100% sold on matching up the Red Morello interior. In some pictures is looks really nice with a darker red/burgandy color and in other picture in the direct sun, it looks almost orange.

I agree about the carbon fiber trim as it has red accents built into the CF weaves. I think it would look good matched up with the Jet Black interior especially if the exterior is the Red Obsession. I've seen the GM CF trim package online for around $900 and the GM Polished Aluminum trim package online for around $650, so I guess the true cost would only be about $300 after you sell the original trim.

I guess the only way I will know is when I see both interiors up close, especially the CF trim.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I have the red on red and it looks awesome. No way is it too much red. Remember the dash, console. Door tops, carpet, seat backs and much more is black. There is very little visible red until you open the door and look for it. I think the Morello Red interior is a great interior for the Red Obsession exterior.

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    I have the red on red and it looks awesome. No way is it too much red. Remember the dash, console. Door tops, carpet, seat backs and much more is black. There is very little visible red until you open the door and look for it. I think the Morello Red interior is a great interior for the Red Obsession exterior.
    Do you have any pictures or a link to pictures in another thread? I would love to see the exterior/interior of your car.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Both could be called a warm burgundy/maroon like color Chrystal Red leans to the pink and Red Obsession leans to orange, Chrystal Red is sort of a traditional look and Red obsession has a sort of hotrod candy look
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    Both could be called a warm burgundy/maroon like color Chrystal Red leans to the pink and Red Obsession leans to orange, Chrystal Red is sort of a traditional look and Red obsession has a sort of hotrod candy look
    Excellent assessment.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Thank you

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.