What do you think of the ATS now?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Would you purchase an ATS if you could turn back the clock and choose over again?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would again choose an ATS (maybe a different one, but still an ATS). I am happy!

50 92.59%
  • No, I regret my decision. If I knew then what I know now, I would not have chosen an ATS.

4 7.41%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, What do you think of the ATS now? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; If you knew then what you know now, and if you could turn back the clock to when you bought ...
    JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

What do you think of the ATS now?

If you knew then what you know now, and if you could turn back the clock to when you bought your car, would you still choose an ATS?

----------

So far, I am very happy with my ATS. Yet, I feel for those who have had problems. I want to believe that problems are few and far between. I also want to believe that GM will take care of their few customers who have problems, and that the problem resolution will result in people being happy with their purchase. Yet, this forum sometimes seems as if that may not be the case.

What do you say?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Pie R Squared is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS RWD 3.6 Premium Red Obsession/Platinum

Re: What do you think of the ATS now?

This scared me when I read the title because I just ordered one last Thursday, glad everyone is happy.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

I had to pick the closest option since you didn't have: Knowing what I know now, I would NOT have purchased AN ATS. I would have bought TWO of them!
    Jones atsnh, Ihuntv8 and JavaGirl like this.

ep_83 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T

I'm absolutely in love with my car. When my lease is up I'm gonna get into another ATS, probably a coupe or a 3.6.

David is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6; 1992 Cadillac Allanté

A resounding YES, I'm glad I got my ATS! I've had it since December; every day I drive it, the better I like it. It has been 'bullet proof' so far; best car I've ever owned.

bchguy111 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T

Yes, so far I love it. I keep finding reasons to drive it. My only issue is I wish it came standard with the awesome hid lights. Love the styling, the interior fit and finish, and all the techie features.

JLGT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 13 ATS 2.0T 6MT Performance

I have had 2 issues in under 400 miles, stalling and display blacking out. I still enjoy the car and will give it more time.

Its an ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Premium 3.6 AWD
    After continued problems GM bought mine back from me...

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by Its an ATS View Post
    After continued problems GM bought mine back from me...
    Please elaborate on your problems. Us shoppers would like to know...

Renovatis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD

I am happy with my choice on an ATS. I love the car, haven't had a single problem yet, and very happy with the monthly lease payment of just over $250. If I could do it over again, I would have waited for the 2014 Performance model to come out. The only things that I really miss having are the factory HID and LED lights, and the 2014 model sits so much nicer. No need for a lowering kit of the 2014 models, they have little wheel gap from factory.

Once my lease is up, I will absolutely think of another Cadillac. The dealership I bought mine from was very professional and never made me feel like I had to buy the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Renovatis View Post
    I am happy with my choice on an ATS. I love the car, haven't had a single problem yet, and very happy with the monthly lease payment of just over $250. If I could do it over again, I would have waited for the 2014 Performance model to come out. The only things that I really miss having are the factory HID and LED lights, and the 2014 model sits so much nicer. No need for a lowering kit of the 2014 models, they have little wheel gap from factory.

Once my lease is up, I will absolutely think of another Cadillac. The dealership I bought mine from was very professional and never made me feel like I had to buy the car.
    Perhaps a newbie question, however what are the major differences between the 2013 and 2014 ATS models? In reading the reviews, only a few small changes for 2014, however you indicated that the 2014 model sits nicer. Did they adjust the suspension for 2014 to reduce the wheel gap?

Renovatis is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...anges-ats.html

Although I never really saw a definitive statement about how much lower the 2014's are, I was able to see first hand when I stopped by the dealership to look at the new 2014's. I first thought it was just photo-shopped because of how good the ATS on Cadillac's website looked but after I saw one of the road I wanted to stop by the dealership and check it out for myself. I believe it is only on the Performance and Premium, the Standard and Luxury models looked to have the same wheel gap as mine.

Although I never really saw a definitive statement about how much lower the 2014's are, I was able to see first hand when I stopped by the dealership to look at the new 2014's. I first thought it was just photo-shopped because of how good the ATS on Cadillac's website looked but after I saw one of the road I wanted to stop by the dealership and check it out for myself. I believe it is only on the Performance and Premium, the Standard and Luxury models looked to have the same wheel gap as mine.
    The Premium trim levels has the sport-tuned suspension and adoptive dampers so perhaps that's what make up the difference. Not sure what they do on the Performance trim because I don't think it has the option for the sport-tuned suspension.

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Do you have pictures of the difference? I have never heard of this, and also have never noticed any difference.

thebucky84 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T

Definitely a big fat yes. Love the car inside and out. I guess if I had to do it again I'd go after the premium tier. Other than that it is everything I had hoped it to be. Feels even better now that I finally burned off all the 87 the dealership threw in there and put some 93 in.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.