Down to Two: 2014 Cadillac ATS Premium 3.6 RWD vs. 2014 Infiniti Q50 Sport RWD
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Down to Two: 2014 Cadillac ATS Premium 3.6 RWD vs. 2014 Infiniti Q50 Sport RWD in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Anyone else narrow their choice down to these two cars? If so, what were your major influencers? ATS Pros: Styling ...
    MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Down to Two: 2014 Cadillac ATS Premium 3.6 RWD vs. 2014 Infiniti Q50 Sport RWD

Anyone else narrow their choice down to these two cars? If so, what were your major influencers?

ATS Pros: Styling and more aggressive road handling characteristics.

Q50 Pros: Technology package and more back seat/trunk room.

Everything else is pretty much equal in terms of price, performance, interior quality, etc.

I'm feeling that the dealership I go to last has the edge, however after reading this report (link below), the ATS is gaining ground as I want a driver's car and not a car driving me.

http://www.torquenews.com/1083/back-...0-cadillac-ats

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Re: Down to Two: 2014 Cadillac ATS Premium 3.6 RWD vs. 2014 Infiniti Q50 Sport RWD

I think you answered your own question and of course ATS owners will recommend their choice almost every time. If you were homeless and living in your car I would go for the extra space in the Q50 but if you have a place to live and travel relatively light and want to drive than the ATS. Whatever you do you will be happy with just don't look back once you decide what you want.

investor74 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '97 Forest Green Catera

Re: Down to Two: 2014 Cadillac ATS Premium 3.6 RWD vs. 2014 Infiniti Q50 Sport RWD

You have it narrowed down to two terrific choices - you almost can't go wrong here. One thing you might do to help you make up your mind is consider the dealership. Do you have any positive or negative experience from either, or do your friends and neighbors? What is their reputation? The dealership experience is so much of the "package" making up a luxury car.
    GJB likes this.

I will on occassion still need room in the back seat for two adults. In terms of trunk space, if I can fit two golf cart bags in the back, I'm happy. However, I do like the fact that if I become homeless, I can live in the back seat of the Q50. Decisions, decisions...

JavaGirl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I am 5' 6" and my husband's brother is 6' 5". He and I can both fit on the same side of the ATS (either in front and the other behind). Yeah, it would be a squeeze if you had three extremely tall people, but two very tall and the rest normal-sized people can fit just fine. Just don't put the two extremely tall people on the same side of the car (my husband and his brother never sit on the same side of the car).

Quote Originally Posted by JavaGirl View Post
    I am 5' 6" and my husband's brother is 6' 5". He and I can both fit on the same side of the ATS (either in front and the other behind). Yeah, it would be a squeeze if you had three extremely tall people, but two very tall and the rest normal-sized people can fit just fine. Just don't put the two extremely tall people on the same side of the car (my husband and his brother never sit on the same side of the car).
    Thanks. I'm 6.2" so I'm sure I'll be comfortable in the driver's seat. However, on occassion I will probably need to play airport taxi for some colleagues after business meetings. I just want to make sure it's not too tight for them. I doubt I will ever need to seat 5 people, and if I do, i will just use my wife's SUV. Most of the time it will be just me driving the car or me driving only with one passenger in front.

I'm really liking the Red Obsession with the Morello Red/Carbon Fiber interior option.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Quote Originally Posted by MSG C5 View Post
    Thanks. I'm 6.2" so I'm sure I'll be comfortable in the driver's seat. However, on occassion I will probably need to play airport taxi for some colleagues after business meetings. I just want to make sure it's not too tight for them. I doubt I will ever need to seat 5 people, and if I do, i will just use my wife's SUV. Most of the time it will be just me driving the car or me driving only with one passenger in front.

I'm really liking the Red Obsession with the Morello Red/Carbon Fiber interior option.

That's my car. I love my Red Obsession with Morello Red interior, it is by far the nicest car I have ever owned.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Just like you, most of the time it is me driving the car. But on rare occasions I might have a few passengers. I have asked people in the back is it comfortable back there, and they replied yes, and they were even surprised when I told them this is a compact car. I would say ATS is perfectly fine for people sitting in the back, unless you want to go to long road trips with 4 tall adults in the car, and I don't think you are buying this car for road trips, etc. So I would say go for ATS.

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    That's my car. I love my Red Obsession with Morello Red interior, it is by far the nicest car I have ever owned.
    It looks like a great combination! Does the interior red match up pretty well with the exterior red? Did you add any other options? I can imagine that the Morello Red would also look great with the Black Diamond exterior paint as well.

mels1229 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

The Morello Red interior looks great with White Diamond exterior as well. I love mine!

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I think taller adults fit fine in the car....the problem I have is an 8 year old in a booster and a 2 year old in a car seat. The problem is the way car seats hold them, their legs sort of stick straight out so even if I move my seat almost all the way forward, my 2 year old still keeps kicking and pushing on my seat. I can deal with it though since, like some have mentioned, 95% of the time it's just me in the car and if we need more room, we just take our explorer.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

It looks like a great combination! Does the interior red match up pretty well with the exterior red? Did you add any other options? I can imagine that the Morello Red would also look great with the Black Diamond exterior paint as well.
    The morello red is very different from the red obsession exterior and that's a good thing. It is more a burgundy than a red and because everything around it is black it doesn't look like they were trying to match it. I think the red interior is very tastefully done and will go very well with many exterior colors.

Quote Originally Posted by mels1229 View Post
    The Morello Red interior looks great with White Diamond exterior as well. I love mine!
    That would make a great combo. Any pics? I also think the Morello Red would match up really well with a silver exterior. Heck, there are only a few color where it wouldn't work well.
    ----------

[/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by mels1229 View Post
    Great. The interior Morello Red picture I posted above is has the Red Obsession exterior (based on the color of the side mirror) and it looks like it matches really well. I've mostly been a black interior kind of guy, however I really like the red/black interior combo.

Can you mix/match the interior trim? For example, can you order a black interior but add the carbon fiber trim instead of the brushed aluminum?

JSD13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I am in this boat as well. The Q50 seemed a little pricier when equipped the way I wanted (S with AWD)

David is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6; 1992 Cadillac Allanté

Both cars would be excellent choices; any car has advantages/disadvantages, of course. My college band director used to say: "You pays your money; you takes your choice..." Life is always a compromise.

As for the ATS: I've owned my '13 ATS Premium 3.6 since December; absolutely the best car I've ever owned (or driven, for that matter!).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.