Mileage on stock tires?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Mileage on stock tires? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Just wondering at this point what kind of miles People are getting out of the stock 17" michelins on the ...
    bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Mileage on stock tires?

Just wondering at this point what kind of miles People are getting out of the stock 17" michelins on the ats awd 3.6? I've recently been considering buying snows in hoping maybe I wouldn't have to replace the stock tires by the time the 36k lease is up. Unfortunately I'm now thinking after even 4k they're not going to last that long. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RemaxAl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD

Re: Mileage on stock tires?

Hey bluecrayon,
    I just switched off my 17" Michelin's after 15,000 KM. They really seemed to be wearing. I went with an aggressive all season Goodyear triple tread. I was going to just run them in the winter but after having them for a couple weeks in dry warm weather I think I may leave them on until my lease is up 100,000 km (60,000 miles). They feel and handle as good as the Michelin's. I had to go a little narrower but no difference in my opinion. I don't push the car all that hard.

RocketDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance, White Diamond Tricoat

Mine's not AWD, but the tires are probably the same (Michelin Primacy). We have almost 5000 miles and the tires still look brand new. There's no need for snow tires where I live, so we'll use these year-round. The tires have a good longevity rating, so I'm assuming they'll last at least 40,000 miles.

Are you getting uneven wear? Might want to have your alignment checked just for peace of mind if nothing else.

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    No they don't seem to be wearing odd or anything and I haven't seen any noticeable wear, just was thinking 36000 miles is pretty hard to get out of any tire. I live in buffalo where we get a significant amount of snow so I'm rather concerned with running stock all-seasons through the winter!

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

All-season tires are not designed to handle Buffalo. Maybe NYC, but not Buffalo. The AWD may help you go, but it doesn't aid stopping or turning. Good snows make all the difference, and with your long winters, your all-seasons should easily last through your lease.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.