Nav kink
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Nav kink in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Has anyone experience cue/Nav directional issues? Today it told me twice to go left, but clearly the map had me ...
    redsoxski is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Performance ATS 3.6 white diamond tricoat

Nav kink

Has anyone experience cue/Nav directional issues? Today it told me twice to go left, but clearly the map had me turning right? If yes, did a software update at dealer correct it for those that have experienced this kink?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Re: Nav kink

I have this happen to me: CUE says one direction, but the map shows another. However, this hasn't happened in a while and I really can't say whether or not the CUE update made the difference.

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice
    I think CUE and the NAV are separate. CUE is just the user interface. I think the NAV is terrible for a car in this price range. The NAV is my biggest disappointment in the ATS. I think because of the bad NAV, CUE gets a bad rap. I think the NAV can be fixed with updated software. My service rep at my dealer told me they don't update the NAV for free and it's not covered by the warrantee. I too have experienced wrong directions with this NAV. On one trip, I followed the NAV directions into a dead-end that was supposed to be the entrance to a highway. Another thing I hate is that this NAV will only recalculate back to the original route that was started. It won't recalculate from your current position to your destination unless you go into menu and select shortest route. And if you select shortest route, be prepared to literally go the shortest way, even if that takes you through neighborhood streets that have a stop sign every block. In previous cars, if I decided to take a different street than what the NAV said, it would "recalculate" to a new course from my current position. The ATS NAV is awful. I hope Cadillac comes out with an update soon.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot View Post
    I think CUE and the NAV are separate. CUE is just the user interface. I think the NAV is terrible for a car in this price range. The NAV is my biggest disappointment in the ATS. I think because of the bad NAV, CUE gets a bad rap. I think the NAV can be fixed with updated software. My service rep at my dealer told me they don't update the NAV for free and it's not covered by the warrantee. I too have experienced wrong directions with this NAV. On one trip, I followed the NAV directions into a dead-end that was supposed to be the entrance to a highway. Another thing I hate is that this NAV will only recalculate back to the original route that was started. It won't recalculate from your current position to your destination unless you go into menu and select shortest route. And if you select shortest route, be prepared to literally go the shortest way, even if that takes you through neighborhood streets that have a stop sign every block. In previous cars, if I decided to take a different street than what the NAV said, it would "recalculate" to a new course from my current position. The ATS NAV is awful. I hope Cadillac comes out with an update soon.
    First of all, your dealer is a moron; NAV is part of the CUE system (it is integrated) and has been updated and is updatable. Secondly, it most assuredly recalculates if you screw up to a new course from your current position; regardless of which route option you choose....my does...if yours doesn't you have a CUE problem that should be fixed or corrected. Finally, this NAV system IMHO is one of the best out there. You don't have to enter the city, address, state etc. like other NAV systems: just enter or speak the address and you are good to go. One of the simplistic and accurate systems I've had in the car to date. My only problem I've encounter is the place of Interest function. It's recognition of businesses misses the mark at times and is in need of a software update. The 3D function is beautiful and very functional as you navigate in any busy metropolis. Plus you have up to 60 preset address queues; more than enough for most drivers. A simple touch on CUE's tabs, and you're locked and loaded and on you way.

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3
    First of all, your dealer is a moron; NAV is part of the CUE system (it is integrated) and has been updated and is updatable. Secondly, it most assuredly recalculates if you screw up to a new course from your current position; regardless of which route option you choose....my does...if yours doesn't you have a CUE problem that should be fixed or corrected. Finally, this NAV system IMHO is one of the best out there. You don't have to enter the city, address, state etc. like other NAV systems: just enter or speak the address and you are good to go. One of the simplistic and accurate systems I've had in the car to date. My only problem I've encounter is the place of Interest function. It's recognition of businesses misses the mark at times and is in need of a software update. The 3D function is beautiful and very functional as you navigate in any busy metropolis. Plus you have up to 60 preset address queues; more than enough for most drivers. A simple touch on CUE's tabs, and you're locked and loaded and on you way.
    NAV only recalculates back to the original route. Mine does not recalculate a direct or fast route from present position to my destination unless I select menu and select shortest route during my drive. It depends on if fast or direct route is selected. If fast route is selected, NAV only uses main highways regardless of best route. Select shortest route and you will get a short, but inefficient route through the city. This is the dumbest NAV I have ever used in a car. This NAV is NOT the best out there.

NAV only recalculates back to the original route. Mine does not recalculate a direct or fast route from present position to my destination unless I select menu and select shortest route during my drive. It depends on if fast or direct route is selected. If fast route is selected, NAV only uses main highways regardless of best route. Select shortest route and you will get a short, but inefficient route through the city. This is the dumbest NAV I have ever used in a car. This NAV is NOT the best out there.
    All NAV systems recalculate based on your original route option. If it didn't then the option and system would be worthless. You have 3 options: fastest, shortest or easiest route. This is true on practically ALL CAR NAV systems. If you are saying your NAV won't recalculate from your current position, you have a serious NAV/CUE hardware problem. Take it back to the dealer and get it replaced or fixed. This NAV is one of the best out there...and others on this forum agree.

redsoxski is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Performance ATS 3.6 white diamond tricoat
    Thanks Rusty. I will have my dealer check @ my 1st oil change. One more ? Rusty. Can you walk thru steps to save an address request after it immediately loads as a favorite button? All the best

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxski View Post
    Thanks Rusty. I will have my dealer check @ my 1st oil change. One more ? Rusty. Can you walk thru steps to save an address request after it immediately loads as a favorite button? All the best
    After the address loads on the CUE , simply press and hold one of your favorite buttons. It should beep and display part of the address in your button. Then you just press the favorite button when you want the NAV to load it up. I usually reserve my number 1 button for my home address....that way after my trip is finished and I want to go home, I just push the favorite #1 button and it auto routes my NAV back home.

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3
    All NAV systems recalculate based on your original route option. If it didn't then the option and system would be worthless. You have 3 options: fastest, shortest or easiest route. This is true on practically ALL CAR NAV systems. If you are saying your NAV won't recalculate from your current position, you have a serious NAV/CUE hardware problem. Take it back to the dealer and get it replaced or fixed. This NAV is one of the best out there...and others on this forum agree.
    You don't have experience with many other cars navigation systems I can tell. Most other Nav systems I have used will initially recalculate back to original route, but after a couple tries will recalculate based on present position to destination. This NAV is one of the worst out there... and others on this forum are just fan boys that don't know any better.

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot
    You don't have experience with many other cars navigation systems I can tell. Most other Nav systems I have used will initially recalculate back to original route, but after a couple tries will recalculate based on present position to destination. This NAV is one of the worst out there... and others on this forum are just fan boys that don't know any better.
    Are you saying that if you go off the route and ignore the redirection your CUE gives up and does not continue to provide directions ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3283 View Post
    Are you saying that if you go off the route and ignore the redirection your CUE gives up and does not continue to provide directions ?
    Quite frankly, I cant figure out what he's talking about either....no NAV system including CUE goes back to the original starting point; they all recalculate from present position to destination....as many times as necessary even if you ignore the redirection. If his does, he has a serious malfunction and needs to take it back to his dealership. By the way, I've driven several cars over the years with NAV systems.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3283 View Post
    If I go off route, Nav will try for a very short distance (a few blocks in town or an exit on a highway) to return me to the original route then it automatically assumes a new route from the current location.

rspitler is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot
    Again with the name calling. "Fan Boys"? Really?

TonyT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS
    Yes I have had the same problem with the voice direction not being in sync at times with the map direction on a 2014 ATS

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxski View Post
    Has anyone experience cue/Nav directional issues? Today it told me twice to go left, but clearly the map had me turning right? If yes, did a software update at dealer correct it for those that have experienced this kink?
    Hello redsoxski,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue with your NAV system in your ATS. Please keep us updated on this issue when you take your vehicle in for your oil change and have them look into this issue. Thank you very much for your time and we will be looking for your future updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    Yes I have had the same problem with the voice direction not being in sync at times with the map direction on a 2014 ATS
    Hello TonyT,

I apologize that your voice direction does not sync with your map direction at times in your ATS. Have you brought up this concern to your dealership’s service department yet? Please feel free to private message me if you would like to discuss this concern further. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.