Help me decide on this deal: 2013 ATS 3.6 Premium demo
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Help me decide on this deal: 2013 ATS 3.6 Premium demo in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Car is black 3.6 Premium RWD with Morello red interior. Looks great. The car is parked in the showroom but ...
    shudog is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Help me decide on this deal: 2013 ATS 3.6 Premium demo

Car is black 3.6 Premium RWD with Morello red interior. Looks great. The car is parked in the showroom but has 4,000 miles and was driven by the dealership manager as a demo.

Salesman said they want to unload it and offered $5700 in rebates ($3,000 standard rebate plus $2700 off). I wasn't blown away by this offer.

I had to run & thanked them for their time, told them I needed to call my bank and see about insurance & stuff. Car felt very quick but was smaller on the inside than I expected.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Pie R Squared is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS RWD 3.6 Premium Red Obsession/Platinum

Re: Help me decide on this deal: 2013 ATS 3.6 Premium demo

2013 ATS 3.6L PREMIUM COLLECTION
    Your Price: $43,642.78
    Miles 59 Brand New
    MSRP: $50,235.00
    Dealer Discount: $3,592.22
    Rebates: $3,000.00

Savings: $6,592.22

I got this on August 29 but passed, it was the other black color with Morello red interior. Car was sold a few days later, LA area.

mitchflorida is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by shudog View Post
    Car is black 3.6 Premium RWD with Morello red interior. Looks great. The car is parked in the showroom but has 4,000 miles and was driven by the dealership manager as a demo.

Salesman said they want to unload it and offered $5700 in rebates ($3,000 standard rebate plus $2700 off). I wasn't blown away by this offer.

I had to run & thanked them for their time, told them I needed to call my bank and see about insurance & stuff. Car felt very quick but was smaller on the inside than I expected.
    If you like the car, tell them you want another $2000 off the price. He is trying to sell a used car at a new car price.

i figured there was more negotiating room, just not sure how much.

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Yea if that was their first offer, they're still holding something in reserve for sure. As for the size, it's only the back that is really tight on space - lots of leg and head room up front for anyone 6ft or less.

KXAM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

We purchased an "event car" ATS a few months back. It is the Performance 3.6. Car had 48 miles on it as well as 18" wheels, and all that comes with a Performance model. Out the door for under $47k. Do not know if that was a good price or a great price or a ripoff! I will say this: it is a damn good car and not worth quibbling over a grand or two. Unless your kids are over 6', why worry about the back seat!? The car is worth it in style, handling and quality. Far better car than a BMW or a C class MB.

The same dealer has a black/black CTS Premium sedan with 19" wheels & AWD that is a courtesy car, 3000 miles. Beautiful car, big discounts there too. CTS have $5,000 off for starters.

RocketDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance, White Diamond Tricoat

You should be able to do a lot better than the deal they offered. Dealers seem to think that a demo is a new car, but us consumers think otherwise. I'd think they need to come down another $7 or $8K for you on the demo. You can beat that discount level on a brand new '13.

We have an ATS Performance 3.6, and yes, it's a little small but fine for us. I've never even been in the back seat, and we don't have children to haul around so it's a perfect size. And much more nimble to drive than the CTS. Depends on your family, but the ATS can be just right or too small. That'll have to be a personal decision. One thing to consider though ... we went to Atlanta over the weekend and drove through the mountains ... and the car got 29.6 mpg. And the car is also quite peppy when you want it to be. I don't think we've ever owned a better built car.

KXAM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    I'd think they need to come down another $7 or $8K for you on the demo. You can beat that discount level on a brand new '13.
    I don't think we've ever owned a better built car.
    While I partially agree with the above, do keep in mind that dealers need to make a profit to stay in business! NOBODY losses money on purpose because they like you. Pay a fair price and be happy you get the car you want, or, walk. I owned a retail/wholesale company and if you came to me with a know-it-all-attitude, you paid full price!

The thing is, even with a weak incentive on the demo, I bet someone will want to buy that car. It looks damn good in the showroom

I bet it will still be there a month from now. Not everyone likes a red interior, and half the new car buyers won't buy a demo.

But if you can't live without it, then it is time to buy it.

only thing is it has the 18" polished wheels & I like the machined face wheels... I doubt I could ask them to switch

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

I bought a executive 2008 STS some years ago.....great price plus one of the best Cadillacs I've owned! Demos with low mileage can be an excellent bargain!

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

only thing is it has the 18" polished wheels & I like the machined face wheels... I doubt I could ask them to switch
    Ask, My dealer let me switch polished 18" for the machined when I got it new and they took off the difference in price since the polished were an upgrade. Heck I would have paid the extra price because I liked the machined that much more.

They probably will, the polished wheels are an $850 option. They could sell them to another customer for around that.
    GJB likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.