Who loves their ATS 2.5 Luxury? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Who loves their ATS 2.5 Luxury? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; basic 2.5L ATS here with CUE as the only option...my daily commuter car and very happy with it....103 miles round ...
    PAO56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 SRX Performance (Red), '13 2.5 Base ATS (Opulent Blue)

Re: Who loves their ATS 2.5 Luxury?

basic 2.5L ATS here with CUE as the only option...my daily commuter car and very happy with it....103 miles round trip daily about 70/30 highway to city..speeds form 75 to 35..very happy with it after 5+ months of ownership and approx 11,000 miles....had an 09 3.6 CTS previously, while wife drives 12 Performance SRX......averaging 29 MPG for most tanks wiht a low of 26 and high of 31.......

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

yeah like I said, the 2.5 is an alright motor, I was still able to get the rear end out on the one I drove, but me personally I love Turbo engines and I just had to have a manual as well.

** oh and the 2.0 adds the wonderful Brembo's (say what you will about needing these but the feel of fixed calipers is amazing), somewhat nicer looking 17" rims, Run flat tires (if thats a good thing to you lol) and a much nicer looking backend (IMO)

Vernon Cooke is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    My experience with the 2.5L is favorable. 33mpg on highway.
    If I ever need to get to my destination faster, I'll leave 5 minutes earlier.

mitchflorida is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post

** oh and the 2.0 adds the wonderful Brembo's (say what you will about needing these but the feel of fixed calipers is amazing), somewhat nicer looking 17" rims, Run flat tires (if thats a good thing to you lol) and a much nicer looking backend (IMO)
    The 2.5L Luxury also has Brembos. The only differences I could find were the Turbo Engine, Dual Exhausts and active shutter grille for the 2.0T. I would be buying a pre-owned so it is probably worth the $1500 or so extra for the Turbo.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

sorry I meant to add that about the brembo's that they're an option^

but like I said, nothing wrong with the 2.5,but for me, the manual took off almost the difference in the two engines anyways lol

the 2.5 goes 0-60 in 7 seconds

the 2.0 goes 0-60 in 6 seconds

the V6 goes 0-60 in 5 seconds, plus you need a radar detector as well.

RocketDawg is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance, White Diamond Tricoat

Quote Originally Posted by ATom92 View Post
    I'm a 3.6 guy.... always loved the feel and sound of a 6..... While the 4 is a nice engine, I just could not make the transition away from the 6.
    You could make the transition away from a 6 if they would put a V8 in it ... maybe an LS3.

After giving it some thought, I am going to opt for the 2.0T engine. It is only $1500 more, and gives you more driving excitement, luxury , and the Cadillac experience. Premium fuel is an extra expense, but hey it is a Caddy.

---------------

Endowed with 202 horsepower and 191 pounds-feet of torque, the 2.5L accelerates from zero to 60 mph in roughly 7.5 seconds. It's a decent clip, but it feels poky sometimes because the car's suspension can harness much more. The 3 Series no longer has an engine this modestly powered.

The ATS 2.0L makes 272 hp and 260 pounds-feet of torque, and it feels similar to BMW's turbo four: plenty of low-rev torque and quick sprints. When equipped with rear-wheel drive, the 2.0L hits 60 mph in 5.7 seconds with the automatic and 5.8 seconds with the manual, according to Cadillac.

The 3.6L's V-6 generates 321 hp but only 275 pounds-feet of torque, so it didn't feel much quicker than the 2.0L in normal driving. The 2.0L's turbo engine hits its torque peak around 1,700 rpm and stays there through 5,500 rpm while the 3.6L's V-6 peaks closer to 5,000 rpm — in a car with a 7,200-rpm redline. Only when it was truly wound out did the V-6 earn its keep. Cadillac estimates its zero-to-60 time at 5.4 seconds.

If the acceleration estimates are correct, the ATS' more powerful variants essentially match the 328i and 335i sedans. However, the 3 Series' eight-speed transmission is an advantage in its own right.

Savoy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just a heads up. The v6 0-60 is 5.4 rwd and 5.2 awd. Again not that it matters much but just sharing that info.

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

i took a lonaer 2.5 to the track. lol it was amazing. really underpowered of course but the car itself omg. im a complete noob but i was keeping up just fine with mini cooper type S that was there (rest of the cars were just not even in a similar class so not worth mentioning.) but man was it fun. even tho it was a 2.5, it did just fine. fastest car on the track is a rental car.

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Savoy View Post
    Just a heads up. The v6 0-60 is 5.4 rwd and 5.2 awd. Again not that it matters much but just sharing that info.
    This surprises me because the ATS4 is heavier, whod a thunk.

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

Lol. I fell on the floor laughing. That was a good one. Lol lol

----------

If it would stop shaking at times I think the engine is fine getting 25 to 32 mpg. It's plenty quick for a oldtimer as I am.when kc and the sunshine band shake your booty comes on at least my 2.5 has the right timing for the shake part yeah

redsoxski is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Performance ATS 3.6 white diamond tricoat
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchflorida
    the 2.5 goes 0-60 in 7 seconds the 2.0 goes 0-60 in 6 seconds the V6 goes 0-60 in 5 seconds, plus you need a radar detector as well.
    Don't forget the 3.6 only requires 87 octane and that can add up very nicely over the year vs premium for Turbo. Plus IMO the turbo is noisier when on spirited rides.

pragmatic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by mitchflorida View Post
    Endowed with 202 horsepower and 191 pounds-feet of torque, the 2.5L accelerates from zero to 60 mph in roughly 7.5 seconds. It's a decent clip, but it feels poky sometimes because the car's suspension can harness much more. The 3 Series no longer has an engine this modestly powered.
    No the 3 series offers 180 hp and 200 ft-lbs as the base engine. Pretty close if you ask me. Though the performance numbers show the base BMW is quicker.

All numbers are from C&D:
    BMW 320 5-60 - 7.7 sec; 1/4 - 15.1@92; 0-60 6.5 sec
    BMW 328 (MT) 5-60 - 6.6 sec; 1/4 - 14.3@99; 0-60 6.6 sec
    BMW 335 5-60 - 5.9 sec; 1/4 - 13.8@103; 0-60 5.3 sec
    ATS 2.5 5-60 - 7.5 sec; 1/4 - 15.6@90; 0-60 7.4 sec
    ATS 2.0T (MT) 5-60 - 7.4 sec; 1/4 - 14.8@94; 0-60 6.3 sec
    ATS 3.6 RWD 5-60 - 5.7 sec; 1/4 - 14.0@102; 0-60 5.4 sec

DCnative is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS 3.6L AWD & 13 ATS 2.5L RWD
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchflorida
    Everyone says don't get the 2.5 engine, not enough horsepower. I am in Florida , flat as a pancake here, I don't need a lot of hp here. Who is satisfied with their 2.5 engine, and who wishes they had opted for more power?
    I have owned a 2.5 RWD since last October (11, 000 miles). Car fits well where I live in the DC area. Fully loaded and have taken the car to Ohio and the 2.5 did well getting up the hills in West Va. If you want the responsive feel, put the car in sports mode (manual). Only thing I would like to have for the 2.5 is an option to have LED lighting. You have to get a 2.0T or 3.6 for that option.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.