Going to a lease
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Going to a lease in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hey guys, I bought the Cadillac 2013 ATS about one month ago. I have some unforeseen things happen I would ...
    Atsco is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Ats turbo

Going to a lease

Hey guys,
    I bought the Cadillac 2013 ATS about one month ago. I have some unforeseen things happen I would like to know if I brought her back to the dealership would I be able to go to a lease? I haven't even made my first payment on it yet.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Savoy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Going to a lease

Not without taking a bath on the trade in value. Unless you get lucky enough where the dealership hasn't submitted your contract to the bank yet and IF they are willing to do that for you. Which is a BIG if since they are under no obligation to do so. My guess is unless you just took delivery say in the last day or two the bank has already booked the loan and the car is yours. Which means the only way out of it is to trade the car in and do a whole new transaction as a lease which would have you lose thousands. Not a good choice.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Atsco View Post
    Hey guys,
    I bought the Cadillac 2013 ATS about one month ago. I have some unforeseen things happen I would like to know if I brought her back to the dealership would I be able to go to a lease? I haven't even made my first payment on it yet.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks
    Hello Atsco,

I am sorry if you are unsatisfied with your ATS. I would like to further discuss your current vehicle concerns. Please reach out to us via private message and include your full contact information, VIN and current mileage.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello Atsco,

I am sorry if you are unsatisfied with your ATS. I would like to further discuss your current vehicle concerns. Please reach out to us via private message and include your full contact information, VIN and current mileage.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Laura, (s)he didn't say anything about not liking the car. It sounds more like a cash flow situation and a need for lower monthly payments.

That's correct........ I totally love the car just something is happening this last week that I might not be able to afford the large monthly payments looking good to go smaller payments with the lease.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Laura, (s)he didn't say anything about not liking the car. It sounds more like a cash flow situation and a need for lower monthly payments.
    Hi Hoosier Daddy,

I appreciate you for bringing this to my attention. I misunderstood the whole picture of the situation.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Atsco View Post
    That's correct........ I totally love the car just something is happening this last week that I might not be able to afford the large monthly payments looking good to go smaller payments with the lease.
    Hello Atsco,

I am sorry for misunderstanding your situation. I am happy you are enjoying your ATS and loving it so far. I recommend bringing this concern up to your purchasing dealer to see if they will be able to work something out with you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

mitchflorida is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

If you had a financial issue, I would also call up the financing bank and see if they have any options for you.

Thanks everyone for their input. I will try giving them a call..

Atswatcher is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchflorida View Post
    If you had a financial issue, I would also call up the financing bank and see if they have any options for you.
    Although I am interested to find out, don't get the hopes too high. The car has its value dropped by about $5k once driving off the lot. A bank is not in the business to absorb such loss.

mitchflorida is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

it's conceivable they could turn it into a lease without losing any money, especially if you tell them you can't make the car loan payments.

Savoy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mitchflorida View Post
    it's conceivable they could turn it into a lease without losing any money, especially if you tell them you can't make the car loan payments.
    Honestly that's not gonna happen. It's a nice thought but not reality. They aren't going to change anything. I'm sorry to say if he can't make the payments it's his problem. It doesn't sound nice to say but sadly it's the truth.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.