Updates and Dealership Sevice Feedback
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By bravnik
  • 1 Post By bravnik
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Updates and Dealership Sevice Feedback in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hey guys, I just wanted to give some feedback on my Dealership service as well as the updates I got. ...
    bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

Updates and Dealership Sevice Feedback

Hey guys, I just wanted to give some feedback on my Dealership service as well as the updates I got.

Saturday I had an appointment to get my oil changed (Only 2600 miles but purchased the car in March).

When I arrived they promptly came out to greet me. They asked what I was in for today and I said and Oil change. The very next question was "Would you like a rental". I asked how long it would take and he said about an hour. I said I could wait if that was the case but did that include the couple of TSBs I wanted done. He looked it up and said, "Lets get you into a rental".

Now this is my first Cadillac for sure but I was impressed. Normally you have to pull teeth to get a rental from a dealership and here they were going to give me one for just a simple oil change. Great customer service if you ask me.

Dealership: Bay Area Cadillac GMC Buick, Newark CA.

TSB Updates Feedback:

1. HVAC update - I didn't really have any issues with the AC that I was aware of so I can't provide feedback.

2. Idle Update - This update was a night and day difference. Before when I was at a stop light my car would idle rough. I had the weird rocking idle 2 times sense I had my car but the rough idle has always been there. I just didn't realize how rough until I got this update. Also my throttle response was vastly improved with a much smoother acceleration. There were times when my car seemed to hunt for gears or just feel not quite right. That is all now gone. When I punch it there is not that weird lag it use to have but normal spool and go. I HIGHLY recommend you get this update if you can. The change is that noticeable.

FYI - They had a nice Red 2014 sitting in the showroom. I LOVE the frame-less rear view mirror. I will be ordering one today. I completely dislike the thicker steering wheel. That is a mistake as it is quite massive to be honest and just does not feel right. I guess if you are a really big person and can palm a Basket Ball then you will be good. But for us size challenged people it just feels huge.

I can't believe how happy I am with my dealership. Normally I rate a dealership just a step above dog poo and sometimes below.
    jamboarder and JavaGirl like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: Updates and Dealership Sevice Feedback

You should post a review in the Dealership review forum. There isn't a thread for that dealer, so start one.

I will do that. I didn't even know they had a dealership forum. I simply have a link to the ATS only forum. I will check it out. Thanks.

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

To make this clear update may fix your turbo. But it did not fix my 2.5. So let's be clear. I have been trying to get to the turbo level but GM not coming thru right now. So i am stuck for the moment. But I am happy you are happy

Sorry to hear that Muffin.

What was strange is that with one of the fixes they had to reprogram both my key fobs.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium Build Date 12/21/2012

Quote Originally Posted by bravnik View Post
    What was strange is that with one of the fixes they had to reprogram both my key fobs.
    First time I've heard that having to be done. Does anyone know what update and why fobs would require reprograming?

romanats is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ats

can you provide the rough idle update #

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    First time I've heard that having to be done. Does anyone know what update and why fobs would require reprograming?
    it has to do with the Massive CUE and car update we received in March, some cars with driver memory had issues and the whole driver personalization part of CUE includes the keys since the car tracks key 1 and key 2

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hey guys, I just wanted to give some feedback on my Dealership service as well as the updates I got.

Saturday I had an appointment to get my oil changed (Only 2600 miles but purchased the car in March).

When I arrived they promptly came out to greet me. They asked what I was in for today and I said and Oil change. The very next question was "Would you like a rental". I asked how long it would take and he said about an hour. I said I could wait if that was the case but did that include the couple of TSBs I wanted done. He looked it up and said, "Lets get you into a rental".

Now this is my first Cadillac for sure but I was impressed. Normally you have to pull teeth to get a rental from a dealership and here they were going to give me one for just a simple oil change. Great customer service if you ask me.

Dealership: Bay Area Cadillac GMC Buick, Newark CA.

TSB Updates Feedback:

1. HVAC update - I didn't really have any issues with the AC that I was aware of so I can't provide feedback.

2. Idle Update - This update was a night and day difference. Before when I was at a stop light my car would idle rough. I had the weird rocking idle 2 times sense I had my car but the rough idle has always been there. I just didn't realize how rough until I got this update. Also my throttle response was vastly improved with a much smoother acceleration. There were times when my car seemed to hunt for gears or just feel not quite right. That is all now gone. When I punch it there is not that weird lag it use to have but normal spool and go. I HIGHLY recommend you get this update if you can. The change is that noticeable.

FYI - They had a nice Red 2014 sitting in the showroom. I LOVE the frame-less rear view mirror. I will be ordering one today. I completely dislike the thicker steering wheel. That is a mistake as it is quite massive to be honest and just does not feel right. I guess if you are a really big person and can palm a Basket Ball then you will be good. But for us size challenged people it just feels huge.

I can't believe how happy I am with my dealership. Normally I rate a dealership just a step above dog poo and sometimes below.
    Hello bravnik,

I am glad the dealer was able to help resolve your vehicle issues and provided courteous customer service. I hope you are enjoying your ride now! If additional concerns or questions arise, don't hesitate to contact us.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    it has to do with the Massive CUE and car update we received in March, some cars with driver memory had issues and the whole driver personalization part of CUE includes the keys since the car tracks key 1 and key 2
    Actually I had that done a long time ago. The only update I had Saturday was the Rough Idle update the the HVAC update. I had to go home and get my 2nd fob for them to program. Not sure which update required that. I will look at my paperwork when I get home and see. I will also provide the update numbers if listed on my paperwork.

RocketDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance, White Diamond Tricoat

Is the "rough idle" TSB only for the 2.0T? Ours is a 3.6 and you can't even tell the engine is on at idle without looking at the tach. And it's smooth as silk on acceleration, and only is very loud under hard acceleration.

Need to take mine in for the first oil change too soon. Have had it since May and have about 4500 miles now.

Bravnik: Do you know what kind of oil they used, whether it was the GM synthetic blend or fully synthetic Mobile 1?

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Sounds like my car. When I first heard about the thicker steering wheel I thought it sounded goofy but now that I have it I really like it.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I have to go to the dealer and check it out, I would love a thicker steering well

I'm not sure which TSB required the Key Fob to be reprogrammed but here are the campaign numbers that I had done.

Campaign #13234 Rough Engine Idle

Campaign #13198 HVAC Service Performance

Not sure if this is just for the 2.0 or not. I'm sure if you call your dealer they can tell you which TSB's apply to your vehicle.
    GJB likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.