Warning to potential buyers wanting true Navigation on their ATS - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree7Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Warning to potential buyers wanting true Navigation on their ATS in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I was torn when buying the car as to whether I should pay for the NAV function. I was upset ...
    bluztoo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 AST, 2.0T, Prem. AT, RWD

Re: Warning to potential buyers wanting true Navigation on their ATS

I was torn when buying the car as to whether I should pay for the NAV function. I was upset by another car company (whose car I own) that charges way too much for updates and makes them hard to do. This really has to do with the very real competition from the smartphone apps. I have an excellent app and I'm not here to do an add so I won't mention names. But I get lifetime updates, real traffic and all the stuff I want for less than $100. I just noticed today that they sell a head-up display for the windshield that transfers info from your phone to the projector on your dash in real time. This is a $149 add on.
    Of course I love just having it in the car - I bought a package that included it because there were other features I wanted in that package. But truth be told I think pressure from the smartphone market is going to continue to reduce the number of in-car installations unless manufacturers compete better in the cost arena. Just my thoughts.
    JavaGirl likes this.

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by chrismc2001 View Post
    Do not make the same mistake I just made. Yesterday I bought a new 2013 ATS 3.6 AWD Performance, list was $57,000 CDN and change. I just figured out that I dont actually have Navigation!!! It is my mistake but I thought when I looked at the CUE system and it had the navigation Icon on it that I had Navigation. Go figure, I don't, I have to get turn by turn from OnStar? I cannot believe that a $57,000 vehicle does not have true NAV. For heaven sakes you can get it in a $15000 vehicle but in this it is optional. Unless I am missing something. I won't be buying another Cadillac again if that is how cheap GM is. I am totally P.O.'d with myself, the NAV Icon sucked me in I guess, not real happy@#$%&!
    What options did you add on to get your sticker price up to $57K? I hope you didn't pay that and was able to negotiate a better deal. In comparison, I'm looking at a 2014 RWD 3.6 Premium loaded up with the exception of the Track Performance Package (I don't plan to track the car) and I'm at $51K (including the NAV as part of the Premium package).

It's unfortunate that you didn't get what you want, but I wouldn't have signed anything until I checked the window sticker and the car to make sure it had everything I expected it to have or ordered it to have. The last car I bought was a dealer swap and the salesman wanted me to sign delivery papers sight unseen. I told him I won't sign anything until I see the actual car.

nyinstaller is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.0l T

I get the whole not everyone wants nav etc but come on the car isnt cheap. the fact they spent more time to develope two different systems 1 with and 1 without Is far beyond me. it makes no sence . now I bought an ats with nav and when i was pricing them out The sales man made it apparent it had nav. but i like everyone else didnt assume that there would be a difference. the fact it doesnt have nav is stupid and worthless in my opinion.
    Im in florida so i dont need them but first thing my wife looked for when she got in the car was for heated seats, another feature that was not included. i mean damn my 24k dodge dart has nav, heates seats, heated steering wheel. etc etc. so far the only major difference is the motor and obvious quality the ats has. but my dart is no sleeper either if it had a 2.0turbo option i would of never picked up my ats.

I was also upset to find out my car didnt have the headsup display. I thought I bought the top of the line model but found out im second to the top. love the car just dont get the trim/package differences.

rspitler is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by nyinstaller
    I get the whole not everyone wants nav etc but come on the car isnt cheap. the fact they spent more time to develope two different systems 1 with and 1 without Is far beyond me. it makes no sence . now I bought an ats with nav and when i was pricing them out The sales man made it apparent it had nav. but i like everyone else didnt assume that there would be a difference. the fact it doesnt have nav is stupid and worthless in my opinion. Im in florida so i dont need them but first thing my wife looked for when she got in the car was for heated seats, another feature that was not included. i mean damn my 24k dodge dart has nav, heates seats, heated steering wheel. etc etc. so far the only major difference is the motor and obvious quality the ats has. but my dart is no sleeper either if it had a 2.0turbo option i would of never picked up my ats. I was also upset to find out my car didnt have the headsup display. I thought I bought the top of the line model but found out im second to the top. love the car just dont get the trim/package differences.
    And how much would that "24k" Dart have cost without those options? Why not sell the ATS and buy 2 more Darts?

MSG C5 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by MSG C5 View Post
    What options did you add on to get your sticker price up to $57K? I hope you didn't pay that and was able to negotiate a better deal. In comparison, I'm looking at a 2014 RWD 3.6 Premium loaded up with the exception of the Track Performance Package (I don't plan to track the car) and I'm at $51K (including the NAV as part of the Premium package).

It's unfortunate that you didn't get what you want, but I wouldn't have signed anything until I checked the window sticker and the car to make sure it had everything I expected it to have or ordered it to have. The last car I bought was a dealer swap and the salesman wanted me to sign delivery papers sight unseen. I told him I won't sign anything until I see the actual car.
    Further proof that as educated consumers, we really need to go into the dealership armed with as much information as possible regarding, trim levels, options, option packages, etc.

I'm in the shopping phase, however this forum as well as Edmunds has armed me with a lot of great information so that when I do go into the dealership, I will know as much as I possibly can so that I'm on par with the salesperson regarding his/her product.

I helped my father-in-law purchase a new, 2012 Hyundai Sonata earlier this year. I researched the car, knew the trim levels/options and walked my father-in-law through his choices. When we arrived at the dealer, I knew more about the car than the salesperson. They should have paid me the commission because all he did was process the paperwork after I negotiated the deal with the sales manager.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.