Test drove Audi A4 S line quattro vs. Cadillac ATS 2.0T Premium AWD - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Test drove Audi A4 S line quattro vs. Cadillac ATS 2.0T Premium AWD in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Just remember in the end you have to deal with the dealer for service and repairs. Even if the Audi ...
    Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

Re: Test drove Audi A4 S line quattro vs. Cadillac ATS 2.0T Premium AWD

Just remember in the end you have to deal with the dealer for service and repairs. Even if the Audi was a better car (spoiler alert: it's not) if you have to deal with people who act like they don't have time for you every time the car needs service, it's not worth it. Cadillac dealer service is the best I've ever seen.

The BMW dealer used to hose us on brakes and "alignments" that miraculously need attention 4 months after scheduled maintenance was up. When we complained about the price they'd say "I know you must be on a limited budget...." Which is BMW speak for "You're obviously not rich enough for us."

So the last time when we had to pickup our car with new brakes made from Blood Diamonds apparently, I drove my wife there with my ATS and parked it right out in front of the dealer in full view of the showroom floor, just in case other people were wondering why they have to be subject to their BS.
    ben.gators and GJB like this.

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Point being that I miss understood GM relationship with Ally (read I was wrong). When I did the 0% financing on my car the dealer finance person (you would think he'd know) led me to believe Ally was just GMAC re incarnated and I did not see how these deals could be made without some owning/relationship. Learn something new every day.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    Point being that I miss understood GM relationship with Ally (read I was wrong). When I did the 0% financing on my car the dealer finance person (you would think he'd know) led me to believe Ally was just GMAC re incarnated and I did not see how these deals could be made without some owning/relationship. Learn something new every day.
    Yeah, they pay several different banks to do the low lease rates and 0%. My ATS 0% was thru Wells Fargo which pissed me off even more than GM not offering a cash off incentive in lieu of 0%. I would much rather not have payments to monitor plus now I'm technically no longer debt free.

Anyway, I dislike WF because back in the 90s I had a loan from WF but the low rate required automated payments from a WF checking or savings account. So I opened a checking account and set up automatic deposits equal to the loan payment and they were to take the loan payments from that account. I saw no need to monitor anything because the account had no other purpose or use. So when the checking account statements came I just tossed them in a file unopened. I looked at the loan statements of course and they all reflected the proper payment every month. Six months later, I get a call from WF saying they had been incorrectly taking my loan payments from an account of a 3rd party who they now have to reimburse. After laughing at them, I told them the amount of all the payments must still be sitting in the stupid account they insisted I open and they were welcome to it. Then they wanted to hit me with late payment fees despite no payments being late (just from someone else) to which I said "take your best shot, I always wanted to own a bank". They backed off of course but since they are now getting my ATS payments, I wonder who's car they are paying off with them? LoL.
    GJB likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.