So Cool Nav View
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By JSATS
  • 1 Post By Hoosier Daddy
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, So Cool Nav View in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Went to PGA golf event today with my client in my newATS ( he owns an infinite) and we had ...
    redsoxski is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Performance ATS 3.6 white diamond tricoat

So Cool Nav View

Went to PGA golf event today with my client in my newATS ( he owns an infinite) and we had to park at Turner Field baseball parking lot to catch bus to course. When we pulled into parking lot, my, 3D Nav view showed the stadium in 3D view.. It was awesome and he said " Wow, my NAV doesn't to that"...So cool GM, well done. The more I use CUE, it is a marvelous piece of technology. 3D view is only way to go.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

stevenzoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: So Cool Nav View

...until it slows everything down. I only use direct overhead view for this reason

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    It's cute in populated areas, most areas it's just plain tho

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    It's cute in populated areas, most areas it's just plain tho
    Yeah, in my area it does not show much at all. I think the nav database has been tuned for major metro areas.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I wish my nav would show things like cows in the pasture and trees along the road. I feel this is what's important. My nav gives me precise directions to my chosen destinations and that is very nice but I want to be entertained when I'm driving and I think colorful pictures of buildings, animals ,trees,mountains and skylines are more important.
    danscrim and GJB like this.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Redsoxki, you must be in Atlanta. If you are, check out Midtown east of Peachtree. All the homes are there, as well as all the buildings in downtown, midtown, and then most hospitals, and mall areas. The purple line is still visible through the taller buildings. Also watch as the map resizes for exits, intersections, etc. Pretty cool, actually. If you're not using the navigation, it has to be at the 300 ft setting to show the buildings, BTW.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by redsoxski View Post
    Went to PGA golf event today with my client in my newATS ( he owns an infinite) and we had to park at Turner Field baseball parking lot to catch bus to course. When we pulled into parking lot, my, 3D Nav view showed the stadium in 3D view.. It was awesome and he said " Wow, my NAV doesn't to that"...So cool GM, well done. The more I use CUE, it is a marvelous piece of technology. 3D view is only way to go.
    The 3D got me in trouble. We were driving by a stadium and I pointed at the NAV and said "look, they sacked the QB!" She looked, then got pissed for falling for it. LoL
    MikeySF likes this.

redsoxski is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Performance ATS 3.6 white diamond tricoat
    Quote Originally Posted by marktanner
    Redsoxki, you must be in Atlanta. If you are, check out Midtown east of Peachtree. All the homes are there, as well as all the buildings in downtown, midtown, and then most hospitals, and mall areas. The purple line is still visible through the taller buildings. Also watch as the map resizes for exits, intersections, etc. Pretty cool, actually. If you're not using the navigation, it has to be at the 300 ft setting to show the buildings, BTW.
    Mark I am from ATL area.. I will try your tip next time in that part of town. Love the navi, except some problems with voice activation recognition and Nav lady on occasion says turn right when I need to turn left.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

I get the turn directions, too. I will be taking it in soon for an oil change and some updates, and I will have them address this issue. Hopefully, it will get fixed.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by marktanner View Post
    I get the turn directions, too. I will be taking it in soon for an oil change and some updates, and I will have them address this issue. Hopefully, it will get fixed.
    Hello marktanner,

I am sorry if you are experiencing issues with your nav system. Let us know how everything goes after you bring your vehicle into the dealer. We can be contacted via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.