Most common complaints.
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Most common complaints. in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; wanted to start a thread for people researching the car. kind of a heads up. What complaints do you have ...
    greezychef is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual

Most common complaints.

wanted to start a thread for people researching the car. kind of a heads up.

What complaints do you have with you ATS? Please be specific as possible.

Ill go first.

I own a 2013 2.0t base with 6 speed manual. Only complaint so far is that the shifter is real notchy 1-3rd gears. Rest of the shifts 3-6th gears feel fine. Real mechanical notchy feel.

Its still very new. less than 300 miles. hopefully it smooths out.

please reply. i want to know what to look out for.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Maxplot is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 3.6 - Crystal Red, 2013 SRX Platinum Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by greezychef
    wanted to start a thread for people researching the car. kind of a heads up. What complaints do you have with you ATS? Please be specific as possible. Ill go first. I own a 2013 2.0t base with 6 speed manual. Only complaint so far is that the shifter is real notchy 1-3rd gears. Rest of the shifts 3-6th gears feel fine. Real mechanical notchy feel. Its still very new. less than 300 miles. hopefully it smooths out. please reply. i want to know what to look out for.
    The nav in the ATS lacks most street and city names and generally has very low data resolution. ( in other words it sucks). The run flat tires sound like thumping watermelons. The rear view camera is poor resolution. The driving experience trumps any complaints I have. I generally love the ATS.

Re: Most common complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxplot View Post
    The nav in the ATS lacks most street and city names and generally has very low data resolution. ( in other words it sucks). The run flat tires sound like thumping watermelons. The rear view camera is poor resolution. The driving experience trumps any complaints I have. I generally love the ATS.
    ha ha. beauty of getting a base model. no nav, no rear view cam....but also no magnetic ride....sucks.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

My biggest bitch isn't even with the car, but that GM wont offer a warranty approved stage kit for the 2.0T and that the 17" rims really are buttUgly. The cobalt SS 2.4 and Pontiac G5GT have nicer 17"s than us..

oh and the shifter loosens up Op ^

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    My biggest bitch isn't even with the car, but that GM wont offer a warranty approved stage kit for the 2.0T and that the 17" rims really are buttUgly. The cobalt SS 2.4 and Pontiac G5GT have nicer 17"s than us..
    oh and the shifter loosens up Op ^
    I loved the 5 spokes on my G5GT
    The exact same reason's I would only get an ATS with the 18's because they remind me of the Holden HSV wheels.

RocketDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance, White Diamond Tricoat

The driver's side headrest tilts a little too much forward, and it doesn't seem to be adjustable. The passenger side is OK. Otherwise, no complaints.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    The driver's side headrest tilts a little too much forward, and it doesn't seem to be adjustable. The passenger side is OK. Otherwise, no complaints.
    I might be misunderstanding what you're saying... but you know the headrest is adjustable in two dimensions, right? Up/down for height, as well as in/out for depth (which will probably affect how if it feels like your head is tilted forward or backward).

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

My driver headrest goes back and forth, up and down lol, click the button on the side and push it back rocketdawg

* and yeah the G5GT had cool looking wheels, if they fit these cars I'd totally put them on (I like 17" rims)

RocketDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance, White Diamond Tricoat

My driver headrest goes back and forth, up and down lol, click the button on the side and push it back rocketdawg

* and yeah the G5GT had cool looking wheels, if they fit these cars I'd totally put them on (I like 17" rims)
    Yes, I know it's supposed to do that but it doesn't. Goes up and down fine, but won't tilt. Not a big enough thing for a special trip to the dealer, but will tell them about it when we go in for the first oil change.

USe-car is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS & 2012 Volt

Just noisy seats. They creak and pop. Just plastic against metal, but it's still annoying. Dealership says most have it and there is not yet a cure. I took a short video of me in the passenger seat, but I can't figure out how to upload it.

I don't like the CUE system. I prefer buttons so I don't have to take my eyes off the road to do anything.

Muffin is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Ats 2.5 lux

No complaints. Run dry

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by greezychef View Post
    wanted to start a thread for people researching the car. kind of a heads up.

What complaints do you have with you ATS? Please be specific as possible.

Ill go first.

I own a 2013 2.0t base with 6 speed manual. Only complaint so far is that the shifter is real notchy 1-3rd gears. Rest of the shifts 3-6th gears feel fine. Real mechanical notchy feel.

Its still very new. less than 300 miles. hopefully it smooths out.

please reply. i want to know what to look out for.
    Hello greezychef,

I appreciate you taking the time to engage with other ATS owners. I am sorry you are experiencing an issue with the shifting of gears. If you would like to further discuss your concerns, Gregory and I monitor the Cadillac forums and are here to assist. We can be contacted via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by USe-car View Post
    Just noisy seats. They creak and pop. Just plastic against metal, but it's still annoying. Dealership says most have it and there is not yet a cure. I took a short video of me in the passenger seat, but I can't figure out how to upload it.

I don't like the CUE system. I prefer buttons so I don't have to take my eyes off the road to do anything.
    Hello USe-car,

I am sorry you are unsatisfied with the seats and CUE system. I would like to document your concerns and further discuss your issues with you if you would like. We can be contacted via private message and are more than happy to continue our interaction with you.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Yes, I know it's supposed to do that but it doesn't. Goes up and down fine, but won't tilt. Not a big enough thing for a special trip to the dealer, but will tell them about it when we go in for the first oil change.
    RocketDawg it is not supposed to tilt it's a slide toward you or away and the front of the head rest kind of nests into the back if that makes sense... before you sit just push the button and try to pull or push the front of the headrest forward or back it should move.
    ATom92 likes this.

CTSCHICK is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

What about the G8 or 5th gen wheels? The both seemed to fit the 2nd gen CTS dunno the difference with the ATS

my seat doesnt make noise. but it does "groan" like crazy when you are adjusting it. had to take the car in today cause tpms sensor went off and had to be reset. young guy takes the car to work on it and had to move the seat up. Im quite tall, its expected. but when i get back in it and start sliding it back the motor on the seat sounds like its ready to give up the ghost. very whiny sounding. anyone elses?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.