Sport Mode: No longer a subtle difference
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Sport Mode: No longer a subtle difference in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; When I first got a my car I thought it handled great, even in touring mode. In sport mode the ...
    ep_83 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T

Sport Mode: No longer a subtle difference

When I first got a my car I thought it handled great, even in touring mode. In sport mode the change was subtle, but noticeable. The car felt confident and well balanced. It had probably been a week since I last used sport mode and decided to go on a spirited drive after work this evening. I want to mention that I am approaching 1300 miles because I think it relates to what happened to me today.

I took my car on some back roads by my house and noticed that it is behaving completely different in Sport Mode than it did before. It feels alot more aggressive. Throttle response has increased, suspension felt stiffer, but most important, the steering... The steering is so much tighter than its ever been. The car just felt so much more aggressive than its ever felt. It was just begging to be pushed. Has anyone had a similar experience? Does the car's behavior change after time? Could it be that it just wasn't properly broken in? I'm about 200 miles shy of the official break in period.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RocketDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance, White Diamond Tricoat

Re: Sport Mode: No longer a subtle difference

Do all ATS A6's have Sport Mode? It's my wife's car and I seldom drive it, but if we have it I haven't noticed it nor how to shift into it.

To address your question though, here's an article I found when I googled "ATS Sport Mode". You might enjoy reading it: https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/...0-ats-pal.html

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Do all ATS A6's have Sport Mode? It's my wife's car and I seldom drive it, but if we have it I haven't noticed it nor how to shift into it.

To address your question though, here's an article I found when I googled "ATS Sport Mode". You might enjoy reading it: https://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/...0-ats-pal.html
    All ATS' have it regardless of engine, what it affects is based on how your car is equipped at minimum it's steering and throttle response on a base stick turbo, a base 2,5 automatic adds shift logic changes and at most a premium automatic RWD would get steering, throttle,shift, and suspension changes.

to activate, use the mode button next to your shifter, the DIC (Driver Information Center lower part of instrument cluster) will show what mode you're in, either touring, sport, or snow/ice

RocketDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance, White Diamond Tricoat

Does it just turn on automatically based on the manner of driving at the moment, or do you have to turn it on with a switch? Sounds like a great feature.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    Does it just turn on automatically based on the manner of driving at the moment, or do you have to turn it on with a switch? Sounds like a great feature.
    the shift logic will change momentarily based on how you apply the throttle in touring mode (ie how aggressively you boot it) like in a passing maneuver but quickly returns to normal and conversely, the collision preparedness/intelligent braking systems engage when you rapidly get off the accelerator, like in an emergency stop

greezychef is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual

I have a base 2.0t with manual trans. So what exactly does this do for my car? and also, to turn off all the
    nannies do i hold down TC button?

for your car only steering and throttle response will be changed by sport mode, tap on TC button will disable/enable traction control. press and hold TC button will first disable traction control but keep holding and stabilitrak will turn off too. your on your own when you turn off all the nannies like that be carefull .............this posting if for information purposes only and neither I or anyone else involved with or participating with this website is responsible for any mishaps that may occur while driving your car with all traction systems turned off.

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee
    for your car only steering and throttle response will be changed by sport mode, tap on TC button will disable/enable traction control. press and hold TC button will first disable traction control but keep holding and stabilitrak will turn off too. your on your own when you turn off all the nannies like that be carefull .............this posting if for information purposes only and neither I or anyone else involved with or participating with this website is responsible for any mishaps that may occur while driving your car with all traction systems turned off.
    Great for donuts!!! And yes I do that. Why, cause I don't give a damn

Quote Originally Posted by ewired View Post
    lol, i feel the same way, but i don't act out on it, because I loathe the idea of buying Ally Bank a thousand dollar set of runflats, when i give the car back

greezychef is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual

Quote Originally Posted by ewired View Post
    i havent yet. but i have drifted a few 90 degree corners in second gear. stock 17's on michelins. this car drifts well. very controlled.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.