2013 ATS Cargo Net
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Stevo Supremo
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, 2013 ATS Cargo Net in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I remember reading another thread about the ATS cargo net and don't think anyone posted a picture so I decided ...
    ATSigma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance
    I remember reading another thread about the ATS cargo net and don't think anyone posted a picture so I decided to post one in a new thread from my experiences after tonight's grocery run.

It's certainly not very functional and I put maybe like a sweatshirt in there once. It looks like Cadillac seems to have rewritten their advertisement of how the cargo net could fit golf clubs in there when you build the car. It's so flimsy and it's in a V shape I mean really, it will not fit even the width of a Trader Joes shopping bag but I guess it's not meant to. Maybe I could put some towels in there or like a book or something but otherwise it's rather useless and I'm thinking to just disconnect it and stick it in the garage.

Does anyone have a suggestion for what they use theirs for?

image-1000378653.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Re: 2013 ATS Cargo Net

my cobalts was like that.. I just sorta bunched the "V" together and stuffed things between the net and the trunk wall (side that faces you) worked really well.

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

The one in my G8 was the same way. Good for keeping some milk or soda from rolling around the trunk after grocery shopping, but not much else

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

It's very useful for keeping small and/or fragile items from rolling around the trunk, especially if you use the high handling limits of the car. I keep my tablet in there, and it can even be made to hold my laptop bag in place. It's low enough to allow easy access to the rest of the trunk, though that lack of height somewhat limits it's utility.

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

I liked the design of the cargo net for the first generation CTS much better than what's in the current CTS and ATS. The older one divided the trunk in half (horizontally) to keep grocery bags and things from sliding all the way against the back seat.

In my opinion, Cadillac could just add a second set of "nubs" to hook the net onto, midway into the trunk. That would give owners the best of both worlds. They'd have the option of keeping small things at the front (inside the "fold" of the net) or mounting it farther back to keep larger items from sliding forward and out of reach.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

I wouldn't have minded another one of those Gallon buckets in the trunk, the one in there is SO HANDY!
    GJB likes this.

ATSigma is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance
    Hmmm, sounds like it's not really useful than to hold small items. I do like the tub there though. Now that is useful. My old Mercedes had something similar on both sides like that but it was pretty deep like a hole which was great for gallons of milk and things that fit that shape.

Putting the cargo net mid trunk now that's an idea! But the trunk is pretty narrow in the ATS so maybe it would be better suited in the CTS.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.