I drive a 2010 G37
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, I drive a 2010 G37 in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I am 29. My lease is coming up and I am looking at the ATS where I never would have ...
    JSD13 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I drive a 2010 G37

I am 29. My lease is coming up and I am looking at the ATS where I never would have looked at caddy before. I also am looking at the usual suspects in Audi/MB/BMW/Infiniti/Lexus/Acura.

I really like the Thunder Grey/Morello Red combo on this car, but I was under the impression that the color was no longer available so figured if I went for the ATS Id have to go with a 14. I want the Nav, Bluetooth etc. Which model should I go for? Are they leasing as well as the 13s?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ep_83 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T

Re: I drive a 2010 G37

Quote Originally Posted by JSD13 View Post
    I am 29. My lease is coming up and I am looking at the ATS where I never would have looked at caddy before. I also am looking at the usual suspects in Audi/MB/BMW/Infiniti/Lexus/Acura.

I really like the Thunder Grey/Morello Red combo on this car, but I was under the impression that the color was no longer available so figured if I went for the ATS Id have to go with a 14. I want the Nav, Bluetooth etc. Which model should I go for? Are they leasing as well as the 13s?

As far as being in-line with the same type of performance you're used to, I'd recommend the ATS 3.6. The 2.0T is still a great option, but coming from a g37, it might not be enough power for you. As far as leasing, the rates are higher on the 2014's. There's a 61 percent residual (15k miles). On the 2013's the rate is lower and the residual is 60 percent. The 2013's also have more incentives. This is if you lease through Ally. Btw, you should be eliglible for the GM conquest rebate. My understanding is that it is a $1000 rebate they give to those who have leases through other manufaturers.
    gmesam likes this.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

if you're into tuning go for the 2.0, it has waaayyyy more potential than the 3.6.

If you dont care about tuning and you like the V6 immediate oomph then.. well you know what to do, Dont get me wrong, the 2.0 is a damn quick car, but the V6 is a more immediate punch.

The ATS is an amazing car, and my buddy has a 3 series and he said once his lease is up hes getting an ATS. I know theres complaints about this car on this board, some valid/some not, but tonnes have been sold and the owners all thrilled, so dont let the odd thing on this forum sway you.

I LOVE my ATS, its just amazing and have never been happier with a car.
    gmesam and GJB like this.

I think the 2.0T makes sufficient power. To keep costs down that's where I'll go. I want AWD/Nav etc. I pay $413/month now for the G and I am worried that I wont be able to get there on a 36/12k lease with the Caddy. If not I may have to shop back to Infiniti.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

honestly I dont miss navi, my android S4 does everything with a nice big screen lol.

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

You don't need navi, just push the Onstar button and ask for directions to anything and they are downloaded to CUE. Spoken directions (turn x turn) and no distraction from the navi screen. This is free the first year, and if your leasing, you won't keep it long enough for the payback.

ep_83 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2013 Cadillac ATS 2.0T

Also, i would email every cadillac dealership that is within a reasonable distance with everything you're looking for and let them battle it out for your business.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by mikesul View Post
    You don't need navi, just push the Onstar button and ask for directions to anything and they are downloaded to CUE. Spoken directions (turn x turn) and no distraction from the navi screen. This is free the first year, and if your leasing, you won't keep it long enough for the payback.
    Onstar is awesome. I got my car out of town and used it the whole time I was there on vacation because I didn't know my way around. I simply pushed the button and the live operator downloaded the route for me and I simply followed the turn by turn directions. Pretty neat considering I didn't get CUE.

Dealership told me to wait until October when they will have incentives for the 14s

Caddy Chris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

You should get the premium 3.6 since you are in a 3.7 v6. And the G37 has a lot of standard equipment. The ATS does not come as well equipped and it will be more money. Have you looked at the new Infiniti Q50 it is a really nice car with more power and standard features than the ATS. I know I sound like a Infiniti salesman, right. I had a ATS 3.6 premium for a week as a loaner and it is very awesome. BUT it has it's few short falls like interior quality and the engine sound is not up to par with the CTS (not very throaty for the same engine) I drove a Loaded Q50 and it appears to be better quality for less money $2000 to $3000 less. I am waiting for the ATS coupe and new CTS then I will decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Chris View Post
    You should get the premium 3.6 since you are in a 3.7 v6. And the G37 has a lot of standard equipment. The ATS does not come as well equipped and it will be more money. Have you looked at the new Infiniti Q50 it is a really nice car with more power and standard features than the ATS. I know I sound like a Infiniti salesman, right. I had a ATS 3.6 premium for a week as a loaner and it is very awesome. BUT it has it's few short falls like interior quality and the engine sound is not up to par with the CTS (not very throaty for the same engine) I drove a Loaded Q50 and it appears to be better quality for less money $2000 to $3000 less. I am waiting for the ATS coupe and new CTS then I will decide.
    I have looked at the Infiniti Q50. I like the car but optioned out the way I want it it's pretty pricey. I also like that Caddy has remote start and the app. Not a HUGE deal but a feature I never had and would like to.

How does the fuel economy of the 3.6 compare to the 2.0T?

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Dealership told me to wait until October when they will have incentives for the 14s
    thats very good advice, they will have completed the '13 sell-down to an acceptable level of leftovers and move their attention to '14

derek98z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS, 2011 SRX

Be careful waiting too long if you intend to get a 13. Inventory will continue to dwindle. New incenitves should be out Sept 3rd. IMO, that is when you should look seriously. You should easily get a 13 and not pay a penny over supplier pricing. Add in the incentives for a 13, and you are looking at very aggressive payments

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Make sure to get at least the Performance level.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello JSD13,

I am happy to hear that you are you are considering an ATS! Please feel free to private message me if you have any questions regarding the ATS or need any assistance in locating a vehicle. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I don't know if an ATS is the right choice. I see the list of cars your looking at and I'm surprised you don't have Kia or Hyundai on the list. From what I have read from some of the complainers on here is that those Korean cars are pretty darn good and their engines idle smooth and the XM radio always works great. I guess they are pretty much trouble free cars and should be considered when thinking Cadillac, BMW, Lexus...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.