Creaking Seats Anyone?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Creaking Seats Anyone? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; All, this may sound odd, so please bear with me. I have noticed since I took delivery of my car ...
    ATom92 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 3.6 Luxury - White Diamond/Platinum/Brownstone

Creaking Seats Anyone?

All, this may sound odd, so please bear with me. I have noticed since I took delivery of my car that the front drivers seat "creaks" when I make turns and hit bumps on the
    road. I finally narrowed down the noise to the fact that the side of the seat is rubbing against the armrest. The only way to cure the problem is to recline the seat further back to where there's a gap.....this is most uncomfortable and not the best driving position. I don't recommend driving like you are laying down.
    Are other folks experiencing this? Are there any fixes that I should try or be aware of?
    Is this common? Needless to say, it's become quite annoying given the car is two weeks old. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Re: Creaking Seats Anyone?

nope, dont have that issue myself lol

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    R u sure it's not the seat belt buckle rubbing against the leather? That's where it is for me. The rubber part of the bottom buckle rubs against the leather. Only cure is to drive without the seat belt. Which I don't recommend but then again the population is kind of high
    zeepack likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ATom92 View Post
    All, this may sound odd, so please bear with me. I have noticed since I took delivery of my car that the front drivers seat "creaks" when I make turns and hit bumps on the
    road. I finally narrowed down the noise to the fact that the side of the seat is rubbing against the armrest. The only way to cure the problem is to recline the seat further back to where there's a gap.....this is most uncomfortable and not the best driving position. I don't recommend driving like you are laying down.
    Are other folks experiencing this? Are there any fixes that I should try or be aware of?
    Is this common? Needless to say, it's become quite annoying given the car is two weeks old. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!!!
    Hello ATom92,

Welcome to the forum! We are happy to have you as part of our community. Gregory W. and myself help monitor the Cadillac forums and are here to assist with concerns and questions you may have. I am sure you will be seeing our names around the forum in the near future. I am sorry to hear you are experiencing a creaking sound with your front drivers seat. I understand your annoyance with this issue due to the young age of your vehicle. If you would like to further discuss this concern with us so we can work towards a resolution, please reach out to us via private message. If you are unable to private message us, we can also be contacted by Email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

USe-car is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS & 2012 Volt

On my car, on the passenger seat, I moved the seat all the way forward. Then, at the rear, underneath the seat, I found a large wire harness wrapped in a flexible loom. I moved that harness forward and the noise seemed to stop. But, as time wore on, the harness slowly returned to it's natural position and the noise started again.

Ancient Mariner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Performance

Just treat the plastic loom to a little aftermarket protectant (like Armorall for example) in the area where you suspect it to be rubbing - it'll eliminate the squeaking if that is the cause.

GJB
    GJB is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

and/or a strategically placed Zip tie providing it does not impede its function.

WannaV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Mine was doing that - it would only do it in a specific spot (where I had my seat set to of course) - so i moved my seat forward maybe a fourth of an inch and it quit. The tilt did not affect it but the distance forward and back did ???? I just moved the seat and said heck with it! Good luck!

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

I hate to sound like a broken record..but...it's under warranty...take it back to the dealer and let them solve the problem; you've paid for it!

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

yup^ for shit like that I'd go get it fixed under warranty.. hell you might get a whole new seat. You bought a Cadillac damn it! hahaha!

Thanks everyone. I will be visiting my dealer in the very near future. I did try a totally new position for the seat, albeit not as comfortable as my preferred position, however that seems to have helped. I think Cadillac should take note of these things when it comes to a re-design/update for the ATS.... leave just a 1/4 of an inch or two of space between the seats and the armrest....or shrink the size of the arm rest just a tad!

LouisG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 L premium AWD

I had exactly the same problem: the side of the seat is rubbing against the armrest and makes squeaks . Took it back to the dealer: They solve the problem but after two month same squeaking is coming back...

Quote Originally Posted by LouisG View Post
    I had exactly the same problem: the side of the seat is rubbing against the armrest and makes squeaks . Took it back to the dealer: They solve the problem but after two month same squeaking is coming back...
    Thanks for your post! I knew I was not going insane! This is exactly the problem! Sad part is that it seems to have come back..... what did the dealer do to try and fix it?

LouisG is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 L premium AWD

Quote Originally Posted by ATom92 View Post
    Thanks for your post! I knew I was not going insane! This is exactly the problem! Sad part is that it seems to have come back..... what did the dealer do to try and fix it?
    Dont know!

USe-car is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS & 2012 Volt

Quote Originally Posted by USe-car View Post
    On my car, on the passenger seat, I moved the seat all the way forward. Then, at the rear, underneath the seat, I found a large wire harness wrapped in a flexible loom. I moved that harness forward and the noise seemed to stop. But, as time wore on, the harness slowly returned to it's natural position and the noise started again.
    The other day, I got in the passenger seat, swung my butt side to side and the creaking noise was almost deafening. I even filmed it with my iPad. Then, I moved the seat back and tried to make the noise again, and I couldn't! No matter what I do, I can't duplicate the sound again.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.