Better Deal on a Demo?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Better Deal on a Demo? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I am new to the forum and will be purchasing an ATS in the next 30 days or so. I ...
    scooter_x is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6 Thunder Gray/Morello Red

Better Deal on a Demo?

I am new to the forum and will be purchasing an ATS in the next 30 days or so. I went to local dealer for a test drive recently and was told that I could get a much better deal on the demo that I was driving with around 3K miles on it. Do you really get a better deal when buying a demo considering the mileage, likely roughly driven for test drives, and loss of warranty for miles driven? If you do in fact get a better deal, then what is the norm for additional discount due to the demo status?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DeanP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 4

Re: Better Deal on a Demo?

The miles don't count against the warranty. And not all the miles are test drives. One of the salesmen, or other dealership employee could have been driving it as they're daily car. Considering the time of year you should be able get the car under dealer cost. I'd be looking for 4-5k discount.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

On average a car loses 11% as soon as it's driven off the lot and a total of 15%-25% the first year. Since this car has about 1/4 of the miles a 1 year old would have and full warranty I would be looking at 15% so 6k on a 40K car. In 2007 I purchased a new 2006 MSRP 42K car with 40 miles on it and we started the discussion at 6K off. I'm sure others who have purchased recently can give you more accurate data. And don't be concerned about it being a demo because it has the full warranty and they should clean it like new. Good luck let us know how it works out for you.

Thanks that is exactly the kind of information that I am looking for as I go into negotiations. Thanks again gentlemen.

----------

I still welcome info from those that have bought recently.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Any reason to think a Demo vehicle would have the bugs worked out of it ?

Good ?. One of the managers has been driving so you would think he would have any issues looked at.

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

I'd be hesitant to buy a demo with that many miles. I bet those are 3000 HARD miles. I have friends at dealers and they beat the crap out of those demo cars.

glenroebuck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 AWD 2013

Some Demo's the mileage is actually off the warranty so check that for sure. There is no real harm in getting a demo - gm does this all th time for employees - they are called pep cars. Employees can "tag" them at a substantial discount usually with between 6000-12000 miles on them depending on how long the person had it. If you really want a deal check the forsale forum here- someone is selling their 13 ats performance for 34K with 7000 miles on it.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by scooter_x View Post
    I am new to the forum and will be purchasing an ATS in the next 30 days or so. I went to local dealer for a test drive recently and was told that I could get a much better deal on the demo that I was driving with around 3K miles on it. Do you really get a better deal when buying a demo considering the mileage, likely roughly driven for test drives, and loss of warranty for miles driven? If you do in fact get a better deal, then what is the norm for additional discount due to the demo status?
    Hello scooter_x,

Welcome to the forum! This is a great way to interact with other Cadillac owners and get advice, as I already see other forum members have engaged with your questions. Good luck with everything! Gregory W. and I monitor the Cadillac forums and I am sure you will be seeing his and my name around. We are here to assist with concerns and questions you have and can be contacted via private message or by Email at socialmedia@gm.com. Don't hesitate to reach out to us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

derek98z is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS, 2011 SRX

Is this car an actual demo or a loaner vehicle? Either will save you thousands over new and should be "reconditioned" to look brand new before sold. I sell our Cadillac loaner vehicles all the time once they hit 4k miles.

It is driven by one of the sales managers and used for test drives.

GJB

I would think that car would be sold by now?

Was there as of this past weekend.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by scooter_x View Post
    It is driven by one of the sales managers and used for test drives.
    FWIW, I would never consider a dealer's explanation of how it was used to be reliable and would make any purchase decision based on the worst case of how it could have racked up the miles. Same with used cars that were only driven by old ladies to church on Sundays.

GJB

Good, cars like that are often very good deals (you will have to work it) and often go quick to the right buyer who is looking for that kind of a situation. I often use the philosophy if it goes before I decide than it was not meant to be. If it's what you want and you can get a good deal start talking. If you feel you would be settling than put it behind you and look at what you really want. The key is you have to be comfortable with your choice because you will most likely have the car for a while and the ATS is feel good car.... so start feeling good.
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.