I love my ATS. My local dealership, not so much...
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, I love my ATS. My local dealership, not so much... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Let me just say that I absolutely love my ATS. Great product. Great car. Let me explain my dealer experience ...
    jamboarder is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I love my ATS. My local dealership, not so much...

Let me just say that I absolutely love my ATS. Great product. Great car.

Let me explain my dealer experience so far. Back in September 2012 when the ATS was supposed to release, I visited my local Cadillac dealership in hopes they might have an early model. They didn't so I shared with the sales person my contact information while expressing my explicit intent to purchase in the coming weeks. 4 weeks passed and I returned to see if they had any on the lot. I saw one behind a dealer fence but none on the lot to look at. I once again shared with a different sales person my contact information and my explicit intent to purchase.

A few weeks later while driving by the dealership I finally saw one on the lot. I was a little disappointed no one from the dealership called, but got over it since I was finally excited to look at the ATS up close. That ATS wasn't available for a test drive (and I was wanting the 2.0T anyway) so I once again left my contact information with a different sales person letting him know which ATS specs I was looking for (2.0T + cold weather package) and the date when I would be ready to purchase. Several weeks go by. No one calls. So I called another Cadillac dealership over an hour drive away to let them know what I was looking for. They called me back to let me know when an ATS somewhat close to my spec might show up at the dealership and called me again within minutes of unloading. Needless to say they got my purchase. (To date no one from my local dealership called me back.)

But that dealership is just too far away for me to get my regular maintenance and warranty work. So I hoped my service experience at my local dealer would be different. The first day I showed up for an oil change and CUE update appointment at 7:15am the service door was closed. No one was outside. The door to the sales floor was closed. So I sat awkwardly in my car outside the service door until it opened up. When it did open up, I got out of my car not sure where to go and no less than three people walked by without so much as a "Good Morning" or "Can I help you?". I wandered awkwardly inside trying to find my way around until I stumbled up to the Service desk. Strangely the interaction at that point was actually professional and quite good. Then they committed to calling me back regarding the issue I show up for. They didn't. I had to call them back.

On no less than 4 occasions since then, they made a commitment to call me back and didn't. All different people. No one called back. On this latest issue (replacement for a driver side door handle - handle button stopped working) I decided to see how long it would take for them to call me. They already had the part in stock. All that was required was paint matching. Three weeks later, no call.

I'm a patient man. I want this relationship with my local dealer to work. They have somehow gotten the best customer rating in the region and all the other Cadillac dealerships are just too inconveniently far away. So I decided to ask to speak to a manager over both sales and service to share my experience. As it turns out that was the man with his name on the dealership. I was told he's frequently "in and out" so I reluctantly left voicemail. After several hours no one calls. He's a busy man, I assume, so I call back and ask to speak to him. This time he was "in a meeting". I asked when he might be available and was told "he's out till next week". With the full context of my experience so far, I couldn't help but literally laugh out loud, say "thanks" and hung up.

This is not only my first Cadillac, it is also my first luxury brand experience. I don't recall my Mazda dealership ever struggle to simply call me back in the over 7 years of owning my Mazda 3. Like I said. I. Love. My ATS. But is this typical of the luxury brand dealership experience? I can't imagine it is.

I guess I'll be calling Cadillac Customer Assistance in the morning to share my experience...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium
    My closest dealer seems to have similar phone skills so I drive further because they seem to want my business at least enough to call or email me back. What is your local area?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Re: I love my ATS. My local dealership, not so much...

I'm in the Seattle metro area. Cadillac dealerships are basically on the south end, north end and east end of the metro area and I'm on one end. So, with traffic, the others are at the kind-of-a-pain distance away. Maybe it's worth the pain to get a better experience though...

RxATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L premium

Sorry Jamboarder! Your experiences with your dealership sound abysmal. This is nothing like what I have encountered at my Cadillac dealer. The service before and after the sell has truly been terrific. They treat me like I am their number one customer, even though I've only bought the one car. I will likely be a loyal customer for life based on this. Just goes to show that not all dealerships are created equal.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

I'm on the opposite side of the country in the DC area and same situation 25 miles can take over an hour in traffic which is always. My thought is find a dealer you like even if its an hour + out of the way. List the little things and have them corrected when you bring it in for service so you make fewer trips. You should get a loaner for warranty work so you're not stuck having someone follow you to drop off or pick up. The one big positive is more time behind the wheel of your ATS!

I like the idea of owning a Cadillac and being treated like a Cadillac owner so don't settle for lackadaisical/indifferent treatment. Like you said you Mazda dealer gets it and that comes from the owner and the dealer leadership/managers. You should talk to the owner if he/she is a leader they will get it fixed and you should keep track of who you deal with so he/she knows where to start fixing. Unfortunately I'm betting the problem in this case starts at the top. Sounds like they have a captive clientele and enough business to keep them happy so they are not hungry.

I would also PM Laura and ask her to let the dealership know your dissatisfaction with their presentation of the Cadillac experience.

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

My dealer in Omaha has been attentive and responsive to my needs. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Huber Cadillac. In fact, we bought my ATS there last year and we went back last month and bought an SRX from them too.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Bertha D Blues View Post
    My dealer in Omaha has been attentive and responsive to my needs. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Huber Cadillac. In fact, we bought my ATS there last year and we went back last month and bought an SRX from them too.
    Please post in the Dealer Review forum here if you haven't already.

David is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6; 1992 Cadillac Allanté

Willis Cadillac in Des Moines is absolutely First Class! I've been a customer since 1982; always have had fantastic service from them.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. It sounds like my experience is not the typical Cadillac dealership experience.

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    My thought is find a dealer you like even if its an hour + out of the way. List the little things and have them corrected when you bring it in for service so you make fewer trips. You should get a loaner for warranty work so you're not stuck having someone follow you to drop off or pick up. The one big positive is more time behind the wheel of your ATS!
    Sounds like it might be worth doing just what you say GJB. Thanks. I'll probably have a talk with the service manager at the new dealership to let them know why I'm changing dealerships; just so expectations are set up front.

I will still contact Cadillac Custoemr Assisstance to share my experience with them, because I'd hate to imagine other customers enduring this.

Quote Originally Posted by jamboarder View Post
    I will still contact Cadillac Custoemr Assisstance to share my experience with them, because I'd hate to imagine other customers enduring this.
    Did I miss you posting the dealer name?

Reporting to Cadillac Customer Service is good but they can't spread the word to other potential customers and they certainly can't turn a poor dealer into a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Did I miss you posting the dealer name?
    I was originally a little reluctant to post the dealership name. But you know what? The above is the reality of my experience with them and if they didn't want me talking about them in a negative way they should have treated me better:

Brotherton Cadillac

They may have one of the best ratings on Google Maps for my region, but that has not been my experience.

I was originally a little reluctant to post the dealership name. But you know what? The above is the reality of my experience with them and if they didn't want me talking about them in a negative way they should have treated me better:

Brotherton Cadillac

They may have one of the best ratings on Google Maps for my region, but that has not been my experience.
    Thanks.

I see they have a 3.8 out of 5 rating in Google but only 2.5 in Yelp. But when the number of reviews are so low its hard to tell. I think Cadillac rates dealers too. I know the one closest to me has signs posted every few inches in their showroom saying they were the top rated dealer in the region for the last 4 years, which I thought was kind of funny since none of the plaques had their name on it. The dealership had recently been bought by another company.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    I guess I'll be calling Cadillac Customer Assistance in the morning to share my experience...
    Hi jamboarder,

We're so sorry that you had a poor experience with your dealer. This is certainly not the experience we want for any of our Cadillac customers. If you've already spoken to Cadillac Customer Care over the phone, we hope they were able to address your concerns and document your complaint. If not, we'd be more than happy to note your experience within our system. Again, we apologize for this experience, and hope that through time we can restore your faith in the Cadillac brand.

Amber N. (assisting Gregory W.)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks Amber.

I called Cadillac Customer Care and they're attempting to address my concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    I see they have a 3.8 out of 5 rating in Google but only 2.5 in Yelp. But when the number of reviews are so low its hard to tell. I think Cadillac rates dealers too. I know the one closest to me has signs posted every few inches in their showroom saying they were the top rated dealer in the region for the last 4 years, which I thought was kind of funny since none of the plaques had their name on it. The dealership had recently been bought by another company.
    Thanks for mentioning yelp. Didn't think to look there. I've decided to change my preferred dealership. The folks who sold me my Mazda 3 also have their name on a Cadillac dealership in the region. I'll be sure to share my experience there.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thanks Amber.

I called Cadillac Customer Care and they're attempting to address my concerns.

Thanks for mentioning yelp. Didn't think to look there. I've decided to change my preferred dealership. The folks who sold me my Mazda 3 also have their name on a Cadillac dealership in the region. I'll be sure to share my experience there.
    Hello jamboarder,

You are welcome. I see you are working with Cadillac Customer Care who is trying to help you. If you need further assistance or want to discuss anything, please reach out to us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.