cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums

Thread: No paddle upshift at full throttle?

Audioi is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 AWD 2.0 Premium

No paddle upshift at full throttle?

Before I go to the dealer thought I would check to see if its a malfunction or just the current software, at full throttle instead of running to redline I wanted to upshift at 5500 rpm but nothing happens when I hit the paddle, anyone else experience this? The paddles work fine during normal driving just not at full out.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: No paddle upshift at full throttle?

Quote Originally Posted by Audioi View Post
    Before I go to the dealer thought I would check to see if its a malfunction or just the current software, at full throttle instead of running to redline I wanted to upshift at 5500 rpm but nothing happens when I hit the paddle, anyone else experience this? The paddles work fine during normal driving just not at full out.
    Hello Audioi,

I apologize for any issue you are experiencing when at full throttle. I see you are wanting advice from the community and other Caddy owners. I wanted to comment and let you know I would like to stay involved throughout this process and see that your vehicle concern is taken care of. Is there a day you are thinking about bringing your vehicle into the dealership? I can be reached via private message so we can further discuss your issue and I can help answer additional questions you may have.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

First a Huge Hats Off to Laura for her continued follow up, we are delighted to have you here to help.

So apparently there are not a lot of ATS owners with paddles or maybe I am the only one that has tried it under full throttle?

Have you tried it while the trans is in manual mode? If you are WOT in D and tap up, it won't do it because it's not an optimal shift point. Put it in M mode by either tapping down in D or moving the shifter to manual position.

Another portion of the owners manual that I neglected, how can that be? Thanks I will give it a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by sagang227 View Post
    Have you tried it while the trans is in manual mode? If you are WOT in D and tap up, it won't do it because it's not an optimal shift point. Put it in M mode by either tapping down in D or moving the shifter to manual position.
    Just to follow up, all is good once you know how to use it!
    Thanks