Weather radar
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Weather radar in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; We bought a 2013 ATS 3.6 Performance a couple of months ago. It's really my wife's car but she doesn't ...
    RocketDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance, White Diamond Tricoat

Weather radar

We bought a 2013 ATS 3.6 Performance a couple of months ago. It's really my wife's car but she doesn't do forums nor does she care for "gadgets". I do. This car has just about every option I can imagine, so it has plenty of gadgets to play with.

On the CUE Weather function, it has a weather radar that is pretty regional. I'm not sure if the source is OnStar or the Nav function itself. Is it possible to change to a smaller covered area for better local (depending on where one is at the time) resolution? Also, it seems to lack having some major cities on it (mine, for example) but has small towns I've never heard of. Is any of this changeable?

This is my first post here. I love the car ... it drives and handles very well. We got the 3.6 because the smaller engines "buzz" like a 4 cylinder. The 3.6 6 cylinder does to an extent, but not nearly so bad. A V-8 would be a nice option.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Re: Weather radar

Weather and Traffic are fed through SiriusXM to CUE. Once your 3 month trial ends you will see those features come at a cost above the basic plan which I did not buy, so I no longer get my high surf or areal flood warnings.

Have you tried to zoom in or out on your Nav Map screen. I believe the weather is just an overlay and would scale to the Nav?

We have SiriusXM in both our primary automobiles, so I guess I'll continue to get that feature. I've tried zooming in/out on the radar map but it didn't seem to work on that particular map. I only tried briefly so I'll have to do it again. My wife stays in it most of the time so I don't have much chance to play with it.

How do you like the 3.6 AWD? Ours is just two wheel drive, but getting the 3.6 wasn't easy ... apparently they don't make many ... and tried to get it in the Premium line in the color we wanted and that was impossible. As it was, they had to get one over 200 miles away. Seems the 2.0T is the most popular, but I don't like the small engine. We're getting around 27 mpg all-around driving, and better than that on strictly freeway trips, so it's still pretty economical. The 3.6 is still a bit "weak" for me, but I'm used to driving a Corvette.

GJB

So far I like it, Drives well and so far I'm impressed and pleased with our choice. I'm getting around 22 all round with 27/28 hwy. I was not looking for the AWD but by the end of April finding the exact car I wanted was difficult and the color I wanted was not availible on the 2014 so I decided to go with the AWD instead of giving up other items like color etc. I think the closest dealer with an eact match was in AZ at the time and the AWD came from about 100 mi away. I was pleased that the AWD tires are all the same size and all season. I'm sure I will apreciate the AWD this winter. It does not usualy snow too much here but it will be nice to have for when it does.

The 3.6 is enough for me and has a pretty good track record in other vehicles like the Camaro, SRX and Lacross. I figured the 2.0T would need some time for GM to get it where it needs to be. When it gets there I think 2.0T and the ATS V will be the 2 best performance models and the 2.5 and 3.6 will suit the remainder, if they even keep them.

Before the ATS, we had a 2006 SRX with a 3.6. If it's the same engine, then I expect it to be really dependable. The SRX was a lot heavier but still got 20-21 mpg all around, which wasn't bad.

I hears rumors some time ago that the ATS-V would have a 3.6 turbo. Not sure what the latest is though.

GJB

Same engine as the SRX

I do not believe its been announced or what engine will be in the V, but the 3.6 twin Turbo that will be in the new CTS has been mentioned quite a bit on this forum.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
    We bought a 2013 ATS 3.6 Performance a couple of months ago. It's really my wife's car but she doesn't do forums nor does she care for "gadgets". I do. This car has just about every option I can imagine, so it has plenty of gadgets to play with.

On the CUE Weather function, it has a weather radar that is pretty regional. I'm not sure if the source is OnStar or the Nav function itself. Is it possible to change to a smaller covered area for better local (depending on where one is at the time) resolution? Also, it seems to lack having some major cities on it (mine, for example) but has small towns I've never heard of. Is any of this changeable?

This is my first post here. I love the car ... it drives and handles very well. We got the 3.6 because the smaller engines "buzz" like a 4 cylinder. The 3.6 6 cylinder does to an extent, but not nearly so bad. A V-8 would be a nice option.
    Hello RocketDawg,

Welcome to the forum! I am happy you are loving your ATS so far. I see you have been interacting back and forth with GJB and it seems he has helped with some of your questions. If you would like to further discuss anything; concerns or questions you may have, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    So far I like it, Drives well and so far I'm impressed and pleased with our choice. I'm getting around 22 all round with 27/28 hwy. I was not looking for the AWD but by the end of April finding the exact car I wanted was difficult and the color I wanted was not availible on the 2014 so I decided to go with the AWD instead of giving up other items like color etc. I think the closest dealer with an eact match was in AZ at the time and the AWD came from about 100 mi away. I was pleased that the AWD tires are all the same size and all season. I'm sure I will apreciate the AWD this winter. It does not usualy snow too much here but it will be nice to have for when it does.

The 3.6 is enough for me and has a pretty good track record in other vehicles like the Camaro, SRX and Lacross. I figured the 2.0T would need some time for GM to get it where it needs to be. When it gets there I think 2.0T and the ATS V will be the 2 best performance models and the 2.5 and 3.6 will suit the remainder, if they even keep them.
    Hello GJB,

I am glad you are liking your ATS so far and impressed with your choice. Thank you for taking the time to help answer questions for RocketDawg. Don;t hesitate to contact us if any concerns arise!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

You can expand the weather map a bit by doing the reverse pinch over the area you want to look at, but the detail isn't much better. It expands very slowly, too.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.