Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Lease transfer

6K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  jdurhan 
#1 ·
Hi,

I just picked up CTS-V and need to part ways with my ATS.

My car is a 2013 ATS base model
2.0L Turbo with a 6MT
CUE System
Exterior - Thunder Gray Chromoflair
Interior - Black
I tinted the windows, 20% rear and 35% in the front.
Current Mileage - 5400 and will stay at that since it is now just parked.

Terms of my lease - 3yr/10k a year. I picked the car up in February.

Monthly payment 298, which also includes the Ally protection.
From my understanding as long as you have good credit your payment will remain the same, you just have to pay a 595 transfer fee.

I am located in California, Bay Area

If you are interested please contact me 408 439 1954

See less See more
#13 ·
ive dealt with swapalease. personaly, i think the method ur going about (posting it here) is better. swapalease makes money on their own too. you pay their fee to make an account, take over a lease, get out of a lease. and all that sounds great but what they do is they buy ur car from you for whatever you have left to pay, and then post it for their own lease price and wait for someone to lease it. except, theyre not gonna buy ur car or do anything until they have someone ready to lease ur car for their own rate. so this could take a long long time. basically, they post an ad on their site for whatever rate they choose, which they base off of how much they can make from what u still owe on it. then they wait and wait. when someone signs all the papers and is ready to take over, then they contact u, buy ur car and go forward with the deal. but until then ur still gonna have the car and make ur own payments. plus pay tht fee for them to post an ad about ur car. some ppl like it, i just didnt like it. ended up just trading the car with all the negative equity it still had in order to get an ATS.
I think you have swapalease confused for some other site.

None of what you mentioned is correct.

#14 ·
From what was explained to be over the phone that does sound incorrect. I personally have never used them to transfer my lease so I cant say whether this is true or not.

----------

that's a long way of saying they just need to qualify for the lease. Whatever the requirements for Cadillac's 299 rate with ally is what they need to meet.

The other thing I wanted to mention was call them and don't do it over the internet.

Their 'high prices' are typically cut by 50%.
I just find it a bit hard to believe if someone say has a 740 score they wont transfer the car to them if I was at like 780

#15 ·
They must have changed their entire process within the last month then.

When I posted up the V, it was pretty much a clone of an auto-trader add.

The only item the fee bought was advertising for the ad I created and assistance in the transfer consisting of getting the buyer and seller to contact each other and provide the required forms.

I just find it a bit hard to believe if someone say has a 740 score they wont transfer the car to them if I was at like 780
Credit score means nothing without history and income numbers. I've seen with my own eyes people walk out with $1000+ lease payments with sub 700 CS's because they had excellent credit history and reliable income. $300 for a lease payment is simply not that terribly expensive. You're going to have a lot of the people that can't afford this weeded out by the $40 membership fee just to give you a call.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.