License Plate Bracket
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By donavo
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, License Plate Bracket in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I picked up a 2013 ATS 3.6 AWD performance on Saturday. I told the dealership not to install the license ...
    oachalon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Peformance 3.6 AWD

License Plate Bracket

I picked up a 2013 ATS 3.6 AWD performance on Saturday. I told the dealership not to install the license plate bracket and they didnt. In my state it is required. I am currently looking for a solution that does not require me to drill into the bumper. I looked at the tow hook ones, but i think it might block the front sensors.

Does anyone have any solutions they came up with or a place that is selling ATS specific ones?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    The best fitting/looking bracket would be the OEM one. If you don't want to drill the bumper to mount it, attach it with some 3M trim tape.

ATSFL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T base

Re: License Plate Bracket

there may be something you can purchase that threads into the OEM tow location in the front bumper.

here is an example; don't buy this one. you'll have to find what the thread is on our car first, then search for one.

http://kspecracing.com/i-542604.aspx

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

u can always just live on the edge by risking it all and being a baddass without a front plate. yolo.
    Faith76 likes this.

slepr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD Premium

My state requires front and back plates as well. Like you I did not want my bumper drilled. I took delivery in December and have been driving with back plate only. So far no problems. I wish there were an under bumper mount that worked for our car. I have the hide away plate holder that works for the vette but I does not work for our bumper ( to get the plate vertical the bracket must stick out well in front of the lower aspect of the bumper )

oachalon is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Peformance 3.6 AWD

I have had my Camaro for 4 years without a front plate and I have never been pulled over for it, but I don't need to attract anymore attention for a daily driver. If i drink 1 beer at dinner, i don't want a reason to get pulled over.

I have seen the front tow hook versions, but i think where our tow hook is located the license plate would get in the way of the front sensors. An under bumper mount would be perfect.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by ATSFL View Post
    there may be something you can purchase that threads into the OEM tow location in the front bumper.

here is an example; don't buy this one. you'll have to find what the thread is on our car first, then search for one.

http://kspecracing.com/i-542604.aspx
    as he mentioned, a tow-hook plate will block one of the parking sensors. If you have the active collision assist, I'd imagine you'd constantly be activating the buttocks massage as well.

Also, the sharp angle of the front-fascia will make installation difficult as well, it would have to poke out quite a bit to clear.

u can always just live on the edge by risking it all and being a baddass without a front plate. yolo.
    bllleeehhh I ran with a front euro plate on the B5 for 2 years, not a word. 3 months w/o a front plate on the V though, and it's ticket time.

USe-car is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS & 2012 Volt

I once owned a Pontiac Solstice that looked terrible with a front license plate. I removed it and got stopped and given a warning. Still left it off, but managed to avoid getting stopped for another couple of years. Now, with the ATS, I just put my tail between my legs and gave in to the law. I run a front license plate.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Best friend runs with no plates, hasn't had one on for years, he just keeps the RS in the window. a few years ago he bought an R32 he hunted for a dealer that had one that wasn't drilled he found it bought it but couldn't take it home (had his other car), had his wife drop him off the next day to take it home and the lot attendant who washed the car for delivery drilled it, in order to keep the sale (in california you can walk away from a sale if you haven't taken delivery) he made them replace the bumper.

lesson time...... sometimes if you have a problem with a car the dealer will say "no problem we'll do it tomorrow bring it back" or "take it around the block while i get someone to take care of that", what they really are doing is gluing you to the car, taking advantage of your excitement in order to perform the final step to make it your car not theirs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.