Trunk open
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Trunk open in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Has anyone had a problem finding their trunk open when returning to their car ? I had this problem with ...
    TonyT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS

Trunk open

Has anyone had a problem finding their trunk open when returning to their car ?
    I had this problem with my CTS, once every couple of months I would leave the house get in the car and get a message saying the trunk was open, which it was. I thought they fixed this problem with the new key fobs which require more than a casual push of the button for the trunk to open?

The good thing about my CTS was you really had to look at it hard to tell the trunk was open, on the ATS the trunk pops open about 3 - 4 inches.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

flycaster is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Re: Trunk open

Have the car 5 months...not yet.

breakaway87 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Luxury AT

Yes, and I can't decide if I sat on the fob wrong or what. Should be a double tap instead of a hold to open. But you should've tried to search the forum at least.. this one has been gone over so take a look at the other threads for some insight.

Well it's a little unnerving to go out in the morning and find that the trunk has been open all night, no problem if your car is garaged but the parking lot of my condo is not a pretty thought.

At lest my CTS didn't advertise the trunk was open

reciprocity is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2009 CTS Premium (RWD w/3.6DI & FE2)

Our neighbors thoughtfully rang the bell (twice) to tell us the trunk was wide open. Just got in the habit of positioning my keys so the button wouldn't be pushed in my pocket and hanging them on a hook as soon as I got inside. Completely solved the problem.

I finally broke down and purchased a silicone cover for my fob to see if it will cut down on the accidental activations of my trunk.

Speedy328 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

I had a 2011 Buick LaCrosse with a persistent "trunk opening" issue. For nearly two years Buick maintained that there was no problem. Well, two months before my ATS purchase, suddenly Buick issued a "fix" -- had to replace a relay and reprogram remote to a double click. That fixed the Buick problem. I haven't experienced the "issue" on my ATS yet but wouldn't be surprised if it's the same issue. Will have to wait and see and hopefully GM will take less than two years to correct it.

BMWHATER is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 blk dia tricoat w/ Morello red int
    I'm having the same exact issue with my ATS. I'm thinking the fob cover will solve the issue. I took everything of any value out of my trunk though. Not worth the chance. I hope Cadillac switches to a double tap as well.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

hood101010 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance

Mine has been open twice in the last 4 days and never before in the first 7 months of owning the car.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to hear if you are experiencing an issue with your trunk opening on your vehicles. I will be sure to document your concerns. If anyone else is experiencing this, please be sure to post as well. I will be sure to pass this along to the correct group in our organization and I will also include that Buick has released a fix with the double tapping so that they could look into that. Thank you very much for your input. It is appreciated very much.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

RxATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L premium

Quote Originally Posted by hood101010 View Post
    Mine has been open twice in the last 4 days and never before in the first 7 months of owning the car.
    Almost the exact same experience for me, never happened, then twice in the same week. Usually there is nothing in my trunk but still.....The key fob has a very long range, at least 100 yards or more. This is great when I intentionally want to remote start my car but not so good when the trunk opens by accident. I think a double tap would be a great solution. Otherwise, I will have to consider increasing the bulk of my fob by adding a cover.

vvv335i is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Same here. Trunk is open twice a week. The fob should be a double tap or protected button

Btw, does anyone else here think the fob should be way better looking or feel more luxurious? The machined aluminum remote for my Mac is what I am thinking about. The fob seems to be standard issue GM.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by vvv335i View Post
    Btw, does anyone else here think the fob should be way better looking or feel more luxurious?
    Doesn't matter to me. I doubt I ever see it other than out of the corner of my eye when picking it up to throw it in a pocket. And that's the only time I ever touch it except to empty my pocket. I wouldn't be surprised if my wife goes days without ever seeing or touching hers. She tends to use the same purse for days, so it's only touched or seen when transferring it between purses.

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had a customer who was having an issue with this as well... Her trunk would pop even when the keyless system was sitting on the table, visible to all... Never have found out if there was a fix for that.

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

Happened twice to me, and my fob is in a silicone cover bought from a forum sponsor. I THINK it is how the latch works, or does not quite work, rather than accidental presses on the fob ... just my guess based on the circumstances in my case.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.