Did you Lease or Buy? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree15Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Did you Lease or Buy? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I leased Mine. I had to bury a little of my old car in it But I am 527/month and ...
    DJinAC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 RWD Perfomance

Re: Did you Lease or Buy?

I leased Mine. I had to bury a little of my old car in it But I am 527/month and that's 12K/yr. I just hope the "newness" wears off so I do want to drive it so much..

RocketDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6 Performance, White Diamond Tricoat

We bought, paid cash. We've leased before, but we generally drive more than the lease allows, plus ... I never liked the feeling of driving a rental car. It never felt like "mine".
    Frikiton likes this.

DeanP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 4

Leased, 36 months $397 10K/yr
    Frikiton likes this.

Frikiton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by EnvoyBu View Post
    I leased.

2013 ATS4 3.6L Premium with everything except the Driver Assist Package and Security package.

I pay $488 per month, zero down, zero due for 36 months with 12,000 miles per year.

I think I got a great deal.
    That is a good deal, how were u able to get this?

Quote Originally Posted by Stevo Supremo View Post
    Leased, I got such a dirty deal I couldn't say no haha! I get bored of cars quickly, and after 3 years I know I'll want something else, leasing just works for me, I dont put many KM on cars, and after 3 years I can just drop it off, walk away, none of the issues the car will develop will be my issue and I can step right into something else.

and lets be honest... at my age being able to drive this around is a privilege, I know I could "own" something cheaper, but I'd rather be driving this thing around then owning a cobalt or soemthing right?
    I'm with you

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    OP, there's a question in your title, but there's no follow through.

Have you priced out what an actual loan rate would be for this car?

There's very attractive 0% financing for 60 months right now. Those kinds of rates are getting a lot harder to come by today.

BMW advertises a 3% rate for example.

If you like to move in and out of cars once every 2-3 years, leasing may be convenient, but only if you truly consider them disposable things, and you need to then think of the car as a glorified rental contract (because it is) you're responsible for beyond what's considered normal wear and tear, which you might otherwise just ignore on a car you actually own.

As someone that's had 2 prior leases, the ATS is 100% financed through a 1.99% rate. I'm actually only paying a few hundred less than my V because of my mistakes going through a lease, but sometimes you need to learn the hard way I suppose.

If you have any thoughts of owning the car, trading it in early or going beyond the boundaries of the contract, my advice would be to weigh your options carefully. Leasing only makes sense in the aspect that you strictly adhere to the guidelines of the lease.
    I was in the dilemma of leasing or buying, noticing how the every dealer has been asking for money down with a 480+ monthly just didn't convince me without even checking my credit or anything. Going by Cadillac website it was $422 the way I had it built so I had an idea I didn't want to pay more than $450. And the 0% APR is really great and good that a lot of folks are taking advantage of it. I had a bad experience visiting a Dealer in my city (Potamkin) that really turned me off and haven't had time to bother visiting the others.
    I do like to change cars every 2-3yrs as sometimes I only drive 2-3x a week but will be changing jobs soon so not sure what my situation will be (public transportation or driving)

Quote Originally Posted by bravnik View Post
    I leased mine. 2013 Premium RWD Auto Black/MR, 2.0l. Moon Roof, Heated Seats/Steering Wheel, Drivers Assist (but not the 3k security package) $435 for 3 years, 10k a year, zero down. I tend to lease as I like a new car every 3 years as that seems to be my limit of wanting to own one so a lease works well for me.
    That's not a bad lease payment

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    Bought mine. I took advantage of the 36 Month 0%. Although I like a new car more often I usualy keep them for 6 years. I pay them off usualy within 36 months and this way I can save the post loan payment money and put it toward the new car. This gives me the option of paying cash when interest rates are higher.
    Smart

Quote Originally Posted by DJinAC View Post
    I leased Mine. I had to bury a little of my old car in it But I am 527/month and that's 12K/yr. I just hope the "newness" wears off so I do want to drive it so much..
    I was quoted around the same, I think its too high no ?

Quote Originally Posted by DeanP View Post
    Leased, 36 months $397 10K/yr
    Wow where?

DeanP is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 4
    Quote Originally Posted by Frikiton
    That is a good deal, how were u able to get this?

I'm with you

I was in the dilemma of leasing or buying, noticing how the every dealer has been asking for money down with a 480+ monthly just didn't convince me without even checking my credit or anything. Going by Cadillac website it was $422 the way I had it built so I had an idea I didn't want to pay more than $450. And the 0% APR is really great and good that a lot of folks are taking advantage of it. I had a bad experience visiting a Dealer in my city (Potamkin) that really turned me off and haven't had time to bother visiting the others.
    I do like to change cars every 2-3yrs as sometimes I only drive 2-3x a week but will be changing jobs soon so not sure what my situation will be (public transportation or driving)

That's not a bad lease payment

Smart

I was quoted around the same, I think its too high no ?

Wow where?
    Hendrick Cadillac in Kansas City, I also only put $1500 into it. They were good people to deal with.

richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanP

Hendrick Cadillac in Kansas City, I also only put $1500 into it. They were good people to deal with.
    Second that.

If I really tried to express how pleased I've been with Hendrick Cadillac, for three cars this year (Mom got one, too), I'd sound like a shill, but, I assure you, I'm just a >very< satisfied customer.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by richardbbarger View Post
    Second that.

If I really tried to express how pleased I've been with Hendrick Cadillac, for three cars this year (Mom got one, too), I'd sound like a shill, but, I assure you, I'm just a >very< satisfied customer.
    There is a forum here for Cadillac Dealer reviews: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...rship-reviews/

You should add your experience to a thread about them or start one if there isn't one yet.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Second that.

Hi richardbbarger,

I am happy to hear you have been pleased with your dealership. We love to hear this! Glad you are a very satisfied customer. Continue to enjoy driving your awesome Caddy around!

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

richardbbarger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

Hi richardbbarger,

I am happy to hear you have been pleased with your dealership. We love to hear this! Glad you are a very satisfied customer. Continue to enjoy driving your awesome Caddy around!

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks, Laura.

Actually, two rolling, with an XTS Vsport in 2000 status, last time I checked. It was the first one ordered out of this Hendrick's initial 2014 allocation, if I understood correctly.

EnvoyBu is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

Frikiton, I just negotiated the deal, and was eligible for pretty much everything.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Thanks, Laura.

Actually, two rolling, with an XTS Vsport in 2000 status, last time I checked. It was the first one ordered out of this Hendrick's initial 2014 allocation, if I understood correctly.
    You are welcome richardbbarger. If there are ever any concerns or questions you have, don't hesitate to contact us via private message. We are here to assist!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.