Gas mileage on 2.0t and 2.5L
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Gas mileage on 2.0t and 2.5L in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; This has probably been asked before but what kind of gas mileage are y'all getting on the 2.5l and 2.0 ...
    Diamondeye24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Gas mileage on 2.0t and 2.5L

This has probably been asked before but what kind of gas mileage are y'all getting on the 2.5l and 2.0 t. Not sure which one i want to get yet. I'll get it for my daily ride. Commute is 50/50 highway/city.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Felton10 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5 luxury

Re: Gas mileage on 2.0t and 2.5L

From what I have read, gas mileage is only slightly lower on the 2.0T than the 2.5 and should probably be the least of your considerations in choosing which engine to get. That being said, I have the 2.5 and get about 22 mpg city and 27 highway for an average of about 24.5.

Diamondeye24 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None
    Well. I drive 52 miles round trip every work day. Getting tired of driving the plain Civic. I miss the luxury I had in my previous Buick Verano. I only trades it because it didn't get the mileage it should have gotten and at the time I was driving 60 miles round trip. The ATS is way more luxurious looking to me than the Verano ever was. As long as I can get at least 25 miles per gallon each way in either engine I'd be happy.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

My wife averages around 27-28 mpg driving to and from work. That's country roads and highway driving with our 2.0 turbo.

Russianhaxor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS 2.0T Premium

I get about 23 MPG average between city and highway, but I'll admit I'm pretty lead-footed since this is my first performance and my first luxury car.

When driving mostly highway, I tend to trend towards 28-29. Within the city, closer to 21-22.

RemaxAl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD

24 MPG for the 2.0t AWD. Mixed driving.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

around 6-7L/100km in my 2.0T manual. country road driving.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I've improved ton18.1mpg. Wooohoooo n

PAO56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 SRX Performance (Red), '13 2.5 Base ATS (Opulent Blue)

2.5L base model...103 mile round trip commute...70/30 highway.city and average 29-31 MPG depending on traffic flow for the trip....

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

i have a manual 2.0T and i get about 24mpg mixed. usually in the higher 20s on highway and about 19-22 on city. i had a 2.5 as a loaner and i gotta say the MPG was sometimes prty bad when i had the AC on. maybe it was just me.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

I usually get bad mileage because I dont really drive economically, I'm usually cruising at 3.5-4K RPM through town, partial throttle keeping that boost up and zipping down the streets, its fun but bad on gas haha!

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Mine is 14.5 MPG! All city! But this is still 50% improvement compared to my STS!

miguelius is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Silver ATS Performance 2.0T manual

Ben Gator, how could it be that bad,at 14.5 MPG? You must have one heckuva leadfoot, bro'. In my 6 speed manual 2.0 turbo, I do nearly all city driving, not a lot of stop and go traffic jams, but just slow average speeds going downtown, underground parking lot, etc. I show an average speed on the computer of 20 mph. My gas mileage figure is locked in at 18.8 MPG, which is not spectacular but pretty good for slow city driving with an occasional burst of turbo enthusiasm. As a comparison, my 2004 Pontiac GTO with 6 speed, 5.7 V8 with 350 hp, averages 11.5 MPG on the same circuit. Whenever I go for any kind of a sizeable ride on the highway or other open roads in the ATS, the average MPG starts rising. I wonder if anybody has taken a controlled freeway ride of 100 miles or so, trying to maximize their mileage? On the computer, at least, I have seen instantaneous gas mileage figures above 32 mpg when cruising for several miles at 70 mph. I bet if my wife (who always sets the mileage records in our cars) drove on a 100 mile freeway stretch, she could average better than 32 MPG.

----------

Diamondeye, get the 2.0 turbo. Though I have not driven the 2.5, the 2.0 turbo transforms this car from a nimble, luxurious small Caddy into a real driver's car that is a blast to drive. The 2.0 turbo is perfectly suited to the lightweight ATS, and the small mileage penalty (depending on how heavy your right foot is) is more than offset by the fun quotient added by the turbo.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

^
    The distance between my house and my work is just one mile, but there are around 10 stops signs or traffics light in this path. And I have a heavy foot! But I think the ATS's gas mileage will improve over time. My ATS has just 215 miles on it, so after break in period it should be better than this. Also I believe my ATS came with regular cheap gas when I picked up the car from the dealership! I just finished this first tank of gas, and refilled with premium. So hopefully it will improve the gas mileage too.

As for the STS, my main slogan was: A WOT a day keeps the doctor away! And to insure the safety distance between me and the doctor, I used to have some additional WOTs too...

jynxsee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 2.0T

I have a 2.0T AWD, first 1000 miles I was averaging about 18 - 19MPG...about 75% city/25% Hwy. Since I got over 1000 miles, I'm doing about 21.5MPG. I had a Verano with the 2.5, I think the same engine as the Caddy 2.5 and I averaged 22.2MPG...that was over 18,000 miles.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.