Any ATS owners here in their 20s ? on early 30s ??
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Any ATS owners here in their 20s ? on early 30s ?? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Just wondering since i the few ATS I've seen here were all driven by 40 year olds and plus, and ...
    ATS
    ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Performance AWD T

Exclamation Any ATS owners here in their 20s ? on early 30s ??

Just wondering since i the few ATS I've seen here were all driven by 40 year olds and plus, and this car was supposed to be aimed at younger people, in a way i like being the only 28 year old with one, the 328XI and A4 here are the high end cars of choice usually (gets very snowy in winter)

Frankly i calculated having 2 cars (winter and sporty used summer car) 2 plates, rent a garage in winter... THe ATS ended up being the right 1 car choice !

And to those
    younster with ATS, do you get a lot of badly sourced sarcastic criticism ?? as in

Nice car BUT !
    Why do you have a Cadillac you're not 60 !
    Wow wait t'ill something breaks you'll be broke !
    Must cost you 150$ to fill up !

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Re: Any ATS owners here in their 20s ? on early 30s ??

You have lost

25 years

nd to those
    younster with ATS, do you get a lot of badly sourced sarcastic criticism ?? as in
    Constantly, but Frankly I couldn't give a damn. My car can kick their car's ass.

CZ4
    CZ4 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

I'm 28.

Don't mind people, people are stupid.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Peyton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 ATS Premium

I'm 27. I looked around, I thought I was getting the best car, most updated for the money. Mine was just under $50k.

C350- way old design, I like the new headlights less than originals.
    Thought about new E class but loaded the way I wanted was going to be $61k

BMW- Soft and boring new exterior design. I like their interior and would kill for a black headliner in the ATS, but everyone has one, it doesn't look good any more and the 3.6 in the ATS is faster than similarly equipped BMW. Also, ATS is a ton better looking. Great proportions.

Audi- Again, old design, even if they update it, it looks like the last 20 years of audis. I know they are great cars but just not for me and I am reminded of the 2 jetta's and one VW CC I've had when I'm in it.

I like the techie stuff on the ATS, value for money, got a great dealer (for the most part) Lexus IS350 looks WEIRD but interior is cool. Eh, it just made the most sense to me.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

23 here. most people see my cars and immidiately assume "parents bought it"
    i get all those sarcastic remarks from my older co-workers lol.

but in reality i have a pretty good engineering job and can afford everything i have.

CRW7096 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Performance RWD

24 here

The majority of my friends who own any kind of upscale vehicle have either a) BMW 3 Series or b) Lexus IS. I do get alot of sarcasm about how I have an "old man car" but almost every friend has agreed that the ATS is better looking than their car. And IMO (not counting some concerning stories I have read on here) the friends with the BMWs are much more likely to end up with costly repairs.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton View Post
    BMW- Soft and boring new exterior design. I like their interior and would kill for a black headliner in the ATS, but everyone has one, it doesn't look good any more and the 3.6 in the ATS is faster than similarly equipped BMW. Also, ATS is a ton better looking. Great proportions.
    Looks are subjective. I think F30 is gorgeous on the outside and ugly on the inside. I dont know what BMW you drove, but I tested an ATS 3.6L and 335i back to back, and the BMW was clearly the faster car.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by ATS View Post
    Just wondering since i the few ATS I've seen here were all driven by 40 year olds and plus, and this car was supposed to be aimed at younger people, in a way i like being the only 28 year old with one, the 328XI and A4 here are the high end cars of choice usually (gets very snowy in winter)

Frankly i calculated having 2 cars (winter and sporty used summer car) 2 plates, rent a garage in winter... THe ATS ended up being the right 1 car choice !

And to those

Nice car BUT !
    Why do you have a Cadillac you're not 60 !
    Wow wait t'ill something breaks you'll be broke !
    Must cost you 150$ to fill up !
    YoungER car. The average ATS buyer will still be in their 40's, just like the 3 series. I bought my 1st gen 03 CTS in my early 20's and heard all those comments. I didnt really care.

Waloop is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

23 here as well. Can't be ballin on a budget.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

31 here.

6MT
    6MT is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

22 here. People are always surprised to hear I paid for the car in full.

ATScape is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Performance 6A

31 yrs young

Peyton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 ATS Premium

Quote Originally Posted by 6MT View Post
    22 here. People are always surprised to hear I paid for the car in full.
    I usually don't go around telling people if I bought a car in full or not... seems pretty snotty to me...

I tested a 328, the 335i with equipment I wanted was too much, I'd rather just get a different car all together.

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    36. First "luxury" car....people still look at me like driving a Cadillac means you're loaded. I always tell them it's only 400 a month, you can have one too. I think caddy still has that stigma of expensive old people cars, although the ats certainly blows that perception out of the water. I had my car in the shop for a few things and the gave me a brand new escalade for a loaner and I couldn't believe the stares I was getting! Like they expected me to be 70 or something!

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

JUST turned 24 here! I've had a lot of people telling me I'm too young for such a nice car and etc etc... but I'm sure they're just jealous lol

oh and OP.

I just got back from Montreal.. what the hell is with you're peoples driving!??! its INSANE!! Quebecs highways are ANARCHY! literally NOBODY signals, they ALL cut you off and and theirs no ramps.. its just streets that merge into highways!!! its insane and I HATED driving in Quebec! also.. why the hell cant you guys turn right on a red!?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.