No light inside trunk?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dave3283
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, No light inside trunk? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Took delivery of my beautiful black ATS 2.0T Luxury 6MT yesterday. Tonight I went shopping and went to put the ...
    lewkarg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Took delivery of my beautiful black ATS 2.0T Luxury 6MT yesterday. Tonight I went shopping and went to put the groceries in the trunk - there was no light. Could a $40,000 car not have a lighted trunk? I noticed a hole with wiring harness up top. I don't see it as an option and cannot find any reference to a light in the trunk on the internet. Is there supposed to be a light in the trunk, and if so could the dealership allow the vehicle off the lot without a thorough inspection?
    Disappointed

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: No light inside trunk?

I have a light.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

I too, have a light.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Yes, there should be a light there... Call them up and tell them to get you one. They will make it happen, no need to be disappointed. They probably inspected it in the light, so they couldn't tell there wasn't a light.

Caddy Chris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

That is kind of unacceptable for a Cadillac. I too would be disappointed and wonder what else they forgot to check out.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by lewkarg View Post
    Took delivery of my beautiful black ATS 2.0T Luxury 6MT yesterday. Tonight I went shopping and went to put the groceries in the trunk - there was no light. Could a $40,000 car not have a lighted trunk? I noticed a hole with wiring harness up top. I don't see it as an option and cannot find any reference to a light in the trunk on the internet. Is there supposed to be a light in the trunk, and if so could the dealership allow the vehicle off the lot without a thorough inspection?
    Disappointed
    Hello lewkarg,

Congrats on your awesome ATS! I am sorry there is no light in your trunk and I understand your disappointment with this matter. I recommend bringing your vehicle back to the dealer to discuss this concern. Please let me know if there are any other concerns in the near future, or questions you may have for us to help answer. Also, keep me updated on your current issue; I can be contacted via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

lewkarg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc

Hello lewkarg,

Congrats on your awesome ATS! I am sorry there is no light in your trunk and I understand your disappointment with this matter. I recommend bringing your vehicle back to the dealer to discuss this concern. Please let me know if there are any other concerns in the near future, or questions you may have for us to help answer. Also, keep me updated on your current issue; I can be contacted via private message.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thank you Laura. The dealer just picked up the car to put in a light assembly that they took out of another car ( maybe that's how I lost mine?) after I pretty much requested they do that. The car also has a recall for an AC software update that was posted June 30, two days before I purchased the vehicle. This is my first Cadillac and I am really enjoying the care, however, I am not sure about the dealer "experience" so far. I really expected excellence from the Caddy dealer and maybe I set the bar too high. We'll see what happens in the future.
    Regards back,
    Lewis Glintz

Dave3283 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    So they are crumbling to your demand to take a trunk light from another car and you not happy with your experience.....a trunk light. The week or two wait for the order to come in was too horrible.
    Wow, must be nice to never make a mistake.
    rustybear3 likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by lewkarg View Post
    Thank you Laura. The dealer just picked up the car to put in a light assembly that they took out of another car ( maybe that's how I lost mine?) after I pretty much requested they do that. The car also has a recall for an AC software update that was posted June 30, two days before I purchased the vehicle. This is my first Cadillac and I am really enjoying the care, however, I am not sure about the dealer "experience" so far. I really expected excellence from the Caddy dealer and maybe I set the bar too high. We'll see what happens in the future.
    Regards back,
    Lewis Glintz
    Hello Lewis,

You are welcome. Thank you for responding back to me. I am sorry you feel unsure of the dealer which you have been working with. If you would like me to research another local dealer in your area for you to work with in the future, I am more than happy to do so if you provide me with your zip code. If you feel more comfortable discussing things privately, we can continue to interact that way if you private message me.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.