My ats in the shop for the third time. :(
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, My ats in the shop for the third time. :( in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Check engine light came on, the realized the onstar wasn't working. Took in and they replaced a fuel tank pressure ...
    bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

My ats in the shop for the third time. :(

Check engine light came on, the realized the onstar wasn't working. Took in and they replaced a fuel tank pressure sensor. Had to take back second time to have the onstar module replaced but just before I took it back it the check engine light came back on. Now I have to take it back in because apparently an emissions canister and fuel tank needs replacing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

Re: My ats in the shop for the third time. :(

We also had the evap canister replaced within the first week of having the car. It's a quick fix. Should just be a day.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by bluecrayon View Post
    Check engine light came on, the realized the onstar wasn't working. Took in and they replaced a fuel tank pressure sensor. Had to take back second time to have the onstar module replaced but just before I took it back it the check engine light came back on. Now I have to take it back in because apparently an emissions canister and fuel tank needs replacing.
    Hello bluecrayon,

I apologize for the troubles you have gone through with your vehicle. I understand how multiple trips to the dealer can begin to get frustrating. Let us know how your next service goes, and if there are any other concerns or questions you would like to discuss, please reach out to us via private message.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Caddy Chris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

You guys are really bumming me out, but I am grateful to all those who post their problems. It helps those of us who are trying to decide on what new car to buy. From my experience with Cadillac they will take care of you, but what a pain in the butt to keep going back to the dealer. I hope it gets fixed once and for all.

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Chris View Post
    You guys are really bumming me out, but I am grateful to all those who post their problems. It helps those of us who are trying to decide on what new car to buy. From my experience with Cadillac they will take care of you, but what a pain in the butt to keep going back to the dealer. I hope it gets fixed once and for all.
    Internet forums are the worst place to use as a point of reference in a new car buying decision. Do you also run up to an Acura dealer and ask them if you should buy a BMW?

My advice would be to buy the car you like. All modern cars have problems. Every single one of them. Thus the manifestation of a warranty.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

My car is back at the dealership today. Dealer says it needs a knock sensor. He claims the new engine they put in my car came with a defective knock sensor. My wife is keeping tracked of all our issues and dealer visits because if the problems don't stop we will be looking at the NY State lemon laws.

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    My car is back at the dealership today. Dealer says it needs a knock sensor. He claims the new engine they put in my car came with a defective knock sensor. My wife is keeping tracked of all our issues and dealer visits because if the problems don't stop we will be looking at the NY State lemon laws.
    Hello JSATS,

I apologize that your ATS is back at the dealership today. Please let us know the outcome of your dealership visit today. If you would like us to get be involved and speak to the dealership, please feel free to send us a private message. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

AmerLux is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    3rd time back at the dealership? Not to make light of your situation but after 7 months of ownership I've had my ATS on the dealer's shop 9 times!
    They will not take my ( or anyone's ) car back. I'm stuck with this bad decision to purchase this brand new model, year one... No recourse.

Quote Originally Posted by AmerLux
    3rd time back at the dealership? Not to make light of your situation but after 7 months of ownership I've had my ATS on the dealer's shop 9 times!
    They will not take my ( or anyone's ) car back. I'm stuck with this bad decision to purchase this brand new model, year one... No recourse.
    No problem. I didn't mean to make it sound like a big deal, because it really isn't, just stating in case anyone has had similar issues. Sure is nothing compared to people having engines replaced! Sorry about your luck. And I agree, when perusing these forums, 95% of the time you'll just see the 1% of people having problems, not the majority of people having no problems at all. And just for the record, it looks like whatever issue this is requires a new canister and fuel tank.

----------

And by the way I can't complain too much, they gave me a brand new escalade for a loaner....I mean it was really nice inside and looks great with 22" wheels and rode great but I really didn't like it. Way too big, even with 400hp I felt like it was struggling to get out of it's own way. The transmission seemed to operate very clunky too. Not nearly as impressed as I expected to be for a $65,000 truck! Plus 12 mpg is just ridiculous! I was very happy to get my ats back.

AmerLux is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    Eh, I was just being a frustrated Cadillac enthusiast...embarrassed when my co-workers ask every other week where's your car? When I'm driving a loaner...nothing as nice as that Escalade they put you in. Just enterprise rentals at my dealership.

Stevo Supremo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    Internet forums are the worst place to use as a point of reference in a new car buying decision. Do you also run up to an Acura dealer and ask them if you should buy a BMW?

My advice would be to buy the car you like. All modern cars have problems. Every single one of them. Thus the manifestation of a warranty.

Nail... RIGHT ON THE HEAD! the guys on the cobalt club that posted problems I've NEVER EVEN HEARD OF! yet I owned my cobalt for 5 years with literall6 ZERO issues.

Quote Originally Posted by AmerLux
    Eh, I was just being a frustrated Cadillac enthusiast...embarrassed when my co-workers ask every other week where's your car? When I'm driving a loaner...nothing as nice as that Escalade they put you in. Just enterprise rentals at my dealership.
    Yeah I was pretty shocked when they said ok here's the keys to your loaner, it's that white escalade over there. I do understand though....I have a couple friends who work at the local vw dealer and one was trying to convince me that the cc was a better car! He was quoting me a hundred more per month but couldn't understand why I wanted the ats....no comparison in my mind. As soon as he heard my ats was in the shop, he kept saying I told you so, should've bought a vw. I maintain it doesn't matter if it's a $15,000 car or a $200,000 car, you could have zero problems or a dozen problems. It's the luck of the draw.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello JSATS,

I apologize that your ATS is back at the dealership today. Please let us know the outcome of your dealership visit today. If you would like us to get be involved and speak to the dealership, please feel free to send us a private message. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thanks Greg but I dont have a problem with my dealership, they have been excellent. My problem has been with my brand new car. There is no longer a sense of pride of ownership with this car for us. We now feel very embarrassed and dissappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    Thanks Greg but I dont have a problem with my dealership, they have been excellent. My problem has been with my brand new car. There is no longer a sense of pride of ownership with this car for us. We now feel very embarrassed and dissappointed.
    Hello JSATS,

I do apologize that you feel this way about your vehicle. I completely understand the frustration concerning multiple issues with a new vehicle. I am glad to hear that your dealership has been excellent throughout your issues. We work with our dealerships as a team to resolve the concerns of our mutual customers. I would like to assist you in the process of working with the dealership. If that is something that you would like, please send us a private message. Thank you very much for responding to my post, and I hope that we are able help change your view regarding your new vehicle.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

ATSturbo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium

Thats terrible mine has been good to me since picking it up from the dealer and I've put 9000 miles on mine already I picked it up new

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.