Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Anyone use the sports mode and if so how often

23K views 47 replies 28 participants last post by  Dave3283 
#1 ·
Had the sports mode on my 1997 Catera (sympathies accepted). Found it made the car seem much more peppy. So when I saw it on my 2013 ATS, I wanted to try it out right away. Because I have the 2.5 engine, found the sports mode made acceleration especially on the interstate much less choppy and more controlled and even.

Wish I could leave it in the sports mode all the time because I think the car drives better in sport mode. Hopefully that won't cause any future problems. Because it holds the car in gear much longer-car seems more responsive and powerful.

Anyone else have any experience with the sports mode or any comments?

#43 ·
Steve247 said:
It 100% works. The thing is you need to drive the car more aggressive then you would normally. I have a 2013 ats 3.6. and I get on the car at times. It typically works when you are whipping around a turn (on ramp to highway) then once you get straightened out the car will hold at a MUCH higher rpm, which allowing you to take off like superman... Try and but be CAREFUL. You need to feather the gas a little....
I've pushed the Sport Mode button many times and I cannot notice any change at all. I'm still getting used to the car though.

I'm not really aggressive when it comes to driving so perhaps I'll give it a try and see if I notice any difference. I have a 2L Turbo so maybe it will be a different experience. I would really like the car to take off like Superman; love that feeling!

#48 ·
Tonight was perfect for sport mode. 18C outside, slight chill....the car loved it.
Hit the breaks, pal kicks in, give some gas, back end comes out just enough to help with the turn.
Nice snarl from the little engine that could.
There goes my gas mileage.

----------

Dave3283 said:
Tonight was perfect for sport mode. 18C outside, slight chill....the car loved it.
Hit the breaks, pal kicks in, give some gas, back end comes out just enough to help with the turn.
Nice snarl from the little engine that could.
There goes my gas mileage.
Brakes..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.