I'm Getting Frustrated With My ATS! - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, I'm Getting Frustrated With My ATS! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by JSATS I don't think any manufacturer would give you a new car. Their only obligation is to ...
    DG2
    DG2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Quote Originally Posted by JSATS
    I don't think any manufacturer would give you a new car. Their only obligation is to fix any car under warranty not replace it. My son had a Pontiac Grand Prix that blew an engine under warranty. They put a new engine in it and right up until the day he sold it he had nothing but electrical problems. I'm hoping I won't have the same issue with my Caddy.
    They do. When they have a major issue so early into the launch of such an important car like the ATS and/or when a brand new few months old luxury car blows an engine followed by continued engine problems that is just proper customer care. Sure, any manufacturer responsiblites are to fix a problem but no manufacture expects to have a faculty engine in just a few months of ownership. You can get your lawyer and win a lemon law based on your multiple issues with the engine. I'm sure Cadillac and your dealer so not want that " lemon" word out and will replace your car.

EnvoyBu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS 3.6L Premium Collection

Re: I'm Getting Frustrated With My ATS!

Demand a new car. Take the issue straight to GM and be sure to insist you lost confidence in the car, and don't trust it anymore. You'll get a new car if you know how to talk to them.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    Ok I have an update. The check engine light went off this morning and the car ran fine. What do I do now? Onstar said it was an ignition malfunction and the car ran like crap last night. I don't trust this car as far as I could push it. I'm thinking it should still go back to the dealer to see whats up with the ignition malfunction. I hope this doesn't turn into one of those mystery problems that show up every now and then and the dealer can't figure it out.
    Hello JSATS,

I apologize for the engine issue your new ATS is experiencing. I would be frustrated if I had to have an engine replacement on my new vehicle. I want your vehicle to run proper and smooth; not have issues. You should love your Cadillac! I see your engine light went off, and you are debating whether to take the vehicle back to the dealer for a check on a possible ignition malfunction. Please let us know what you decide to do. I can be reached via private message to further discuss any concerns.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

bmbutler is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Don't need a lawyer to invoke lemon law. Research how to do it in your state. Not difficult if you have everything documented.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Well my car is back at it again. The check engine light is back on and it says the problem is in the ignition again. I think this car needs to go down the road. I think this car is ruined and destined to have nothing but problems from now on. I no longer have a numbers matching car engine and I'm afraid the rest of the car doesn't like the new engine either.

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    Well my car is back at it again. The check engine light is back on and it says the problem is in the ignition again. I think this car needs to go down the road. I think this car is ruined and destined to have nothing but problems from now on. I no longer have a numbers matching car engine and I'm afraid the rest of the car doesn't like the new engine either.
    look at it as a blessing to open a case and get a higher trim for the same price u paid for this one. thats what i would try to do anyway...
    stevenzoz likes this.

bluhaven is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 luxury ATS 2.0 Turbo 6sp auto

What happened to the original engine?

Kevin

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    look at it as a blessing to open a case and get a higher trim for the same price u paid for this one. thats what i would try to do anyway...
    I have a AWD Premium model now. I don't need a higher priced car, this one is high enough. I just want the car I paid for with no issues. My wife loved this car when we first bought it now she is very unhappy with it.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by bluhaven View Post
    What happened to the original engine?

Kevin
    Thre check engine light came on and after trying a few fixes they found the compression in the fourth cylinder was way down. I haven't found out what it was but it could be a ring caught or a valve dropped.

ripped is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ats and verano turbo

New engine again man that sucks

PAO56 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '12 SRX Performance (Red), '13 2.5 Base ATS (Opulent Blue)

most lemon laws state after a certain number of tries.....then a replacement is warranted.....obviously this one would seem to fall in this category with the repeated check engine light.....had a similiar problem with another make and model...the dealer never could get the check engine light to go out.....finally replaced the vehicle.......GM should buy the car back from the dealership and the dealership replace it...so the dealership doesnt lose anything in this transaction.......
    Jones atsnh likes this.

bmbutler is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Look up your state's lemon laws. Sounds like you have a open and shut case.

hyun121 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Oh no. My car started trembling at idle and the engine light went on. I took it to the dealership and they said that one of the cylinders has low compression. I hope that I don't have the same issue. My car is more than one year old and so I don't think I'm covered by my state's (TX) lemon laws.

Good thing that it's a lease and at most, I'm stuck with a bad engine for two more years, but still would prefer to just have a car that works.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by hyun121 View Post
    Oh no. My car started trembling at idle and the engine light went on. I took it to the dealership and they said that one of the cylinders has low compression. I hope that I don't have the same issue. My car is more than one year old and so I don't think I'm covered by my state's (TX) lemon laws.

Good thing that it's a lease and at most, I'm stuck with a bad engine for two more years, but still would prefer to just have a car that works.
    Hi hyun121,

I am sorry to hear about the concerns with the engine of your ATS. Is your ATS currently with the dealership or have you gotten it back? Please send me a PM with your VIN and contact information if you would like additional assistance. Have a great day!

Austin J.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.