Base Factory Radio Problems With Memory Stick
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Base Factory Radio Problems With Memory Stick in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hi All, I'm a new member and have greatly enjoyed looking through the forum entries here. I've had my ATS ...
    RonboATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Thunder Gray

Base Factory Radio Problems With Memory Stick

Hi All,

I'm a new member and have greatly enjoyed looking through the forum entries here. I've had my ATS about a month now and just started trying to use a USB memory stick for music. Being an old guy I've got some great Rush albums with songs that are in the 15:00 to 20:00 minute range. Whenever a song reaches the 9:48 minute the console radio display freezes, then goes blank and all the lights in the center console flash a couple of times. After those things happen it skips the remainder of the song and goes to the next song. This doesn't occur with any song under 9:45.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? Being an IT guy it seems to me that it could be an issue that a firmware update could fix.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mikesul is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T manual Thunder Gray

Re: Base Factory Radio Problems With Memory Stick

That's a new wrinkle.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

That's not right at all. Don't hesitate....take it back to the dealer; sounds like a faulty unit...

cbutcho is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Welcome to the club man, there is a thread about these bugs and issues called "4th radio installed" or something. Yep! youre not alone! the SD card is not working any better, did you notice the anoying pops when the track is changing? It is exactly what I said on the other thread concerning the firmware or software, I guess they'll eventually come up with an update to fix those issues but with the effort that they are putting on improving their cue system our base factory radios will probably wait a long time I am afraid. Youre an IT guy and I am an aerospace engineer, you must be surprised like me that a unit can get released to production with such basic problems, I assume that this base factory radio was developed at the last minute and under pressure as Marketing maybe have decided to do not equip all versions with the cue. Cheers and enjoy the ride of car and its great 2.0T with the radio turned off like I do. LOL and BTW I am a big Rush fan as well.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

RonboATS,

Welcome to the forum! I checked the resources I have to see if I could find some troubleshooting tips for you on songs over 9:45 on a USB drive, but was unable to. My apologies! We do have a CUE specialty team available to assist further with questions on these radios. They can be reached at 855-428-3669 (8am-10pm EST Sunday-Saturday).

Regards,
    Sarah (Assisting Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

RonboATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Thunder Gray

Thank you Sarah for looking into it. Since mine is the base model factory radio I don't believe the CUE specialty team would be interested in assisting. I might have to drop by the dealer with my USB drive and see if it happens with a CUE system though.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

D'oh! Sorry for the mistake there, RonboATS.

Sarah
    Cadillac Customer Care

Bryce2.0T is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Standard

They had to replace my gauge cluster after I had similar problems:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZteHLODBqY

Now.... I'm having different problems.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT61aRG2oGE
    Plus the bluetooth doesn't operate correctly anymore.
    Both the dealership as well as Cadillac people on here have told me this is "normal operation"

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.