How often do you get a new car?
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, How often do you get a new car? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hey all, Just curious, how long do you own/lease your cars for? I personally love new cars, I don't have ...
    Peyton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 ATS Premium

How often do you get a new car?

Hey all,

Just curious, how long do you own/lease your cars for?

I personally love new cars, I don't have a wife or kids, got a good job and so I have had 6 cars in the last 3 years...gulp, but I just love having a new car. I got my ATS 3.6 black/black last week and I like it a lot and I'm going to try to keep it as long as possible just seeing what average is, what reasonable is and if anyone else gets the itch to trade like I do.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jynxsee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 2.0T

Re: How often do you get a new car?

Usually about 3 years for me. Though my last car I only had for about 18 months because I wanted the ATS...Badly... :-)

MyersBalls is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T
    I'm typically in the 2 year range although might notate it that long when the ATS-V come out.

Bertha D Blues is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T AWD, '13 SRX AWD Performance

I had my previous car 7 years and my wife's car for 8. I've had my truck and other car for 15 and 26 years respectively. Bert

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Usually like 10 but now that I started leasing my ats, maybe 3. Might look into the ats-v in a couple years!

stevenzoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I lease and my previous 2 leases were 39 months but I got out of them both around 6 months early to do lease pullaheads into other cars. Anyway, my ATS is 36 months but I'm thinking of just buying it out after the lease because of the sick deal i got. Then when it's paid off, I'll trade it for an ELR

huna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 AWD Premium Thunder Gray, Caramel, with peanuts

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton View Post
    Hey all,

Just curious, how long do you own/lease your cars for?

I personally love new cars, I don't have a wife or kids, got a good job and so I have had 6 cars in the last 3 years...gulp, but I just love having a new car. I got my ATS 3.6 black/black last week and I like it a lot and I'm going to try to keep it as long as possible just seeing what average is, what reasonable is and if anyone else gets the itch to trade like I do.
    Well you are certainly stimulating the economy!

David is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6; 1992 Cadillac AllantÚ

I lease; my ATS is for 30 months, the usual length I opt for most frequently. I have owned my '92 Cadillac AllantÚ for 19 years; bought it when it was just a year old.

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

I buy and usually go 5 to 6 years or 90k range. This way I have it paid off for a couple of years with only one major service and enough tread on the 3d set of tires to not replace. The residual value from private sale or trade in goes toward the new car. I like the idea of a lease and a new car more often but the freedom of owning (barely) outweighs it.

ewellsie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0T Premium RWD

Had a CPO 330i for about 3 1/2 years, traded it for a leased TSX for 36 months, then bought a CPO 335i I've had for 3 1/2 years, and now trying to trade/sell that for an ATS lease.

So I guess I'm averaging 3-3.5 years per vehicle.

pragmatic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

I buy used and keep for 12 to 15 years.

Lorne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo Performance Manual

In past I had 4 year leases, but I bought out my last car, a 2007 Civic, and drove for 6 years in total, until I bought my ATS. (First Cadi !!!) I got a 3 year lease on the ATS because monthly lease rates for the 3 year lease are quite low, but the buyout is rather high -- I love my ATS, but the high buyout makes me less likely to buy it. I will probably lease a 2016 when the lease is up.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    When I buy a car, I can't even think about the next one...

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    In past I had 4 year leases, but I bought out my last car, a 2007 Civic, and drove for 6 years in total, until I bought my ATS. (First Cadi !!!) I got a 3 year lease on the ATS because monthly lease rates for the 3 year lease are quite low, but the buyout is rather high -- I love my ATS, but the high buyout makes me less likely to buy it. I will probably lease a 2016 when the lease is up.
    It's not like you have to pay the buyout amount. The car will be worth whatever it's worth. They will gladly sell it to you for the going rate. The lessor would just as soon avoid having to auction it off.

Lorne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo Performance Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy
    It's not like you have to pay the buyout amount. The car will be worth whatever it's worth. They will gladly sell it to you for the going rate. The lessor would just as soon avoid having to auction it off.
    If that's the case, what does the buyout amount mean? Is it only relevant if the car is worth more than the buyout at the end of the lease?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.