How often do you get a new car? - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, How often do you get a new car? in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by Lorne If that's the case, what does the buyout amount mean? Is it only relevant if the ...
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: How often do you get a new car?

Quote Originally Posted by Lorne View Post
    If that's the case, what does the buyout amount mean? Is it only relevant if the car is worth more than the buyout at the end of the lease?
    It's just a cap on what they can charge you if you want to keep it. As you might guess, they might try to convince you that's what you have to pay, but it's not.

So a sky high buy out figure at lease end is an extremely good thing for the lessee because the higher the buy out at end of lease, the less the monthly amount is. In the case of the ATS, GM paid the lessor for that high buy out to lower the payments. For example, if the lessee estimates the car will be worth x and Cadillac wants it to be y, they pay the lessee the difference.

ben.gators is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

When I was signing my lease papers, I asked the finance manager the very same question ; what if at the end of the lease term I like to buy the car, but the fair market value of the car is way less than the residual value. Is there any way to negotiate the buyout value and make it realistic? His answer was interesting. He told me there used to be procedures and possibilities for such cases. But during the financial crisis of 2007-2008, when the fair market values were considerably less than the estimated residual values, the dealers abused such procedures and possibilities so much that the leasing banks and GM almost totally removed such possibilities. So the short and the simple answer is no.

Frikiton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I've bought 2 cars in the last 3yrs
    Cadillac STS 2006 RWD Fully Loaded for 2yrs
    BMW 328 XI 2007 for 11 months
    Almost pulled the trigger on a CTS Coupe until I woke up from the dream to realize ATS is where its at.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    So far, I get a new car when one is totaled...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.