I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!! - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree19Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by TonyT Just to let everyone know I ordered the upgraded security system on my 14 ATS I ...
    Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyT View Post
    Just to let everyone know I ordered the upgraded security system on my 14 ATS I looked all over for the release that opens the fuel filler door I couldn't find it anywhere, guess what, there isn't one.....lol
    Any chance the fuel door is like the trunk? The button on the trunk lid only works when the FOB is near. Maybe the fuel door unlocks any time the fob is near.

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    No remote operation to open the fuel door. There is a plunger (like a door lock actuator) on the inside of the fuel door that latches when the doors are locked and unlatches when the doors are unlocked. Once unlocked you simply push the door just like all ATS doors.

New member here, and first posting.

Currently driving a BMW 335d, but just ordered a new ATS yesterday, a 3.6 Premium.

My take on options and pricing after looking at all similar cars on the market is this: in my ideal world you would be able to order each an every feature of a car a la carte (the so-called Chinese Menu approach). However, given that these are not custom built vehicles that clearly is not feasible from a manufacturing perspective. Cadillac has done a nice job of configuring the packages, by keeping the options to a minimum, and they did well in picking the things that are optional. For example, I'm glad I didn't have to get a sunroof along with a premium package, which is the case with several other manufacturers. I'm also glad I was able to mostly opt out of the "driver aid" features (although I could do without the shaking seat altogether if I had my wish). I do wish I could get rid of the foglights that come with the advanced lighting package though as I see no need for them. Every car on the market is going to present such conundrums.

It seems like a lot of people on this board did not closely review what they were buying ahead of time and I'm not sure why people are upset that certain things are "optional" instead of included. Unless you are forced to buy a car off the lot I can't see what the complaint is. After all, this car is $10K or so less than the comparably equipped 335 (and actually offers some things you can't get at all in that car, such as the limited slip differential).
    ben.gators and GJB like this.

TonyT is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS
    Yup your right fuel door works off of key fob when doors are unlocked you can push open the fuel door.

Thanks everybody

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post

its not as much about safety as it is about ur friends old honda having a locking fuel door and ur cadillac not having it. would u be just fine if ur car didnt come with any alarm or door locks? and a honda did? not the same thing but u get what i mean lol. nobody is scared about getting their gas stolen. its just the fact that lesser cars have this feature and a cadillac doesnt. just another way to milk ur money. lol tomorrow they might start charging u extra for ur windshield and rustybear will come in with the fanboy stuff and say cadillac gave u the option to not pay extra for it if u dont want it...all hail cadillac. lmao jk jk.
    My grandfather had a manual crank on his car!

Some things are better. A locking gas cap is a waste. Thank goodness Cadillac doesn't have them. No cap on a $40k car! Oh no! Well, it wasn't on a $70k V.

----------

i was about to post something about how u missed the point of what i said then i saw ur post count and sht uve spent a large chunk of ur life on this website.
    You can make posts in between clients while in your law office, just after performing heart surgery or before a big race. What's your point?

People who spend more time on a forum can also have MUCH more knowledge about said subject than n00bs.

You assume.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Great, now you're gonna have PETDA all over you.

----------

Yes. Although this thread turned into one of these, the original post was not like that. The OP didn't say the lack of a locking gas door was a big deal, just that he was surprised. I don't mind that at all. But of course what I mind doesn't really matter any more than how much it matters to someone else that a car doesn't have some feature.

But it gets tiresome to read about people who complain (sometimes bitterly) about not having some feature that they absolutely needed yet didn't read the brochure or ask before buying. But I guess they have a positive aspect too in reminding others they dodged that bullet (thru planning or luck).
    Not so. Even if I wanted to skip over this thread, I still have to look at the over the top thread title. It insinuates disdain for something that is a trivial matter...
    GJB likes this.

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post

Some things are better. A locking gas cap is a waste. Thank goodness Cadillac doesn't have them. No cap on a $40k car! Oh no!
    I know. Somewhere in Lansing, some engineer is reading this thread and saying "I can't believe buyers of a $40,000 dollar car think a locking gas door is critical!! I can understand it from the class of person who would buy a $25,000 car, but....."
    GJB likes this.

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Some things are better. A locking gas cap is a waste. Thank goodness Cadillac doesn't have them. No cap on a $40k car! Oh no! Well, it wasn't on a $70k V.

----------

You can make posts in between clients while in your law office, just after performing heart surgery or before a big race. What's your point?

People who spend more time on a forum can also have MUCH more knowledge about said subject than n00bs.

You assume.

----------

Not so. Even if I wanted to skip over this thread, I still have to look at the over the top thread title. It insinuates disdain for something that is a trivial matter...
    ats owners only please. back to the peasant forums with u. lol

Even if I wanted to skip over this thread, I still have to look at the over the top thread title. It insinuates disdain for something that is a trivial matter...
    Don't be so hasty unless YOU are prepared to take up the mantle to return dain to the trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Don't be so hasty unless YOU are prepared to take up the mantle to return dain to the trivial.
    lets end this thread already

Even us peasants are laughing at you ATS g00bs and anger over gas caps. Freakin gas caps. Really?

Even us peasants are laughing at you ATS g00bs and anger over gas caps. Freakin gas caps. Really?
    for the record, im not rly one of the ppl sore about the gas cap. i agree its an out-dated feature, but then again, i wouldnt b pissed if i had it standard.

:

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.