I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!! - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 57
Like Tree19Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!! in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by ewired Oh...you said canon runs....hard to beat the quality of video you'll get in motion with a ...
  1. #16
    donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, Unite
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,059

    Re: I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ewired View Post
    Oh...you said canon runs....hard to beat the quality of video you'll get in motion with a GoPro. Especially outside of the vehicle.

    As far as security while parked...are you really that paranoid? This isn't a Maybach or something, nobody's eyeing your ATS enough to warrant a Camera.
    doesnt matter what car u have, ur not safe from a hit and run or someone keying ur car. or trying to do some insurance fraud.

  2. #17
    YankeeVic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE... Yet
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by donavo

    Dude chill the hell out. Nobody said anything about your mother. You get mad from the smallest things lol.
    That's kinda Rusty Bears "thing". Obnoxious is the only way he knows how to join a conversation. He HAS to interject annoying into the forum.

  3. #18
    Caddy Chris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    57

    Re: I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!!

    I don't think Cadillac considered that many Cadillac owners would be parking their cars where a locking gas cap was a necessity.

  4. #19
    donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, Unite
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,059

    Re: I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Caddy Chris View Post
    I don't think Cadillac considered that many Cadillac owners would be parking their cars where a locking gas cap was a necessity.
    its not as much about safety as it is about ur friends old honda having a locking fuel door and ur cadillac not having it. would u be just fine if ur car didnt come with any alarm or door locks? and a honda did? not the same thing but u get what i mean lol. nobody is scared about getting their gas stolen. its just the fact that lesser cars have this feature and a cadillac doesnt. just another way to milk ur money. lol tomorrow they might start charging u extra for ur windshield and rustybear will come in with the fanboy stuff and say cadillac gave u the option to not pay extra for it if u dont want it...all hail cadillac. lmao jk jk.

  5. #20
    huna is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 AWD Premium Thunder Gray, Caramel, with peanuts
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    101

    Re: I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!!

    Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    its not as much about safety as it is about ur friends old honda having a locking fuel door and ur cadillac not having it. would u be just fine if ur car didnt come with any alarm or door locks? and a honda did? not the same thing but u get what i mean lol. nobody is scared about getting their gas stolen. its just the fact that lesser cars have this feature and a cadillac doesnt. just another way to milk ur money. lol tomorrow they might start charging u extra for ur windshield and rustybear will come in with the fanboy stuff and say cadillac gave u the option to not pay extra for it if u dont want it...all hail cadillac. lmao jk jk.
    Your perspective makes no sense to me. It's not about the function, it's about "having it" because somebody else does? Keeping up with the Joneses, are we? Talk about First World problems, my goodness. (Sorry for contributing to the overuse of "First World problem." Consider me chastised.)
    rustybear3 likes this.

  6. #21
    donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, Unite
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,059

    Re: I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!!

    Quote Originally Posted by huna View Post
    Your perspective makes no sense to me. It's not about the function, it's about "having it" because somebody else does? Keeping up with the Joneses, are we? Talk about First World problems, my goodness. (Sorry for contributing to the overuse of "First World problem." Consider me chastised.)
    i was about to post something about how u missed the point of what i said then i saw ur post count and sht uve spent a large chunk of ur life on this website.

  7. #22
    Stevo Supremo's Avatar
    Stevo Supremo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0 Manual
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,230

    Re: I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    I've invented an engine that runs on sugar and am looking to move to a neighborhood like that so I can drive for free.
    someone put sugar in a guys car on the cobalt forum, just gummed up his fuel filter a bit, didn't hurt the engine. You can buy a locking gas cap for like $30 if you're THAT worried

  8. #23
    ewired's Avatar
    ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    39
    Posts
    131
    For the record....I opted for the security package...I have the locking fuel door. However I didn't get it for the fuel door. I purchased it for the tilt sensor. I like to illegally park...what can I say.

    Also who in the hell can poor sugar in your tank? You can barely put the damn nozzle from a gas pump in the filler hole. Anyone else notice how close or awkward it is to keep the nozzle off the paint? No full service stations for me.

    What about the newer cars without fuel caps at all. Think their worries about sugar?

  9. #24
    blue_skies is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6L Luxury
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Age
    49
    Posts
    233

    Re: I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ewired View Post
    For the record....I opted for the security package...I have the locking fuel door. However I didn't get it for the fuel door. I purchased it for the tilt sensor. I like to illegally park...what can I say.

    Also who in the hell can poor sugar in your tank? You can barely put the damn nozzle from a gas pump in the filler hole. Anyone else notice how close or awkward it is to keep the nozzle off the paint? No full service stations for me.

    What about the newer cars without fuel caps at all. Think their worries about sugar?
    First off - I think it is completely backwards for marketing to not include a solenoid for lockable fuel filler door on a luxury sedan. Packaging such features into 'upgrade level' options is a crime in my book. Especially since many lower priced competitive cars do include it.

    As to not having the fuel cap - it is something we can all blame Ford for, but the benefits outweigh the negatives, I understand. No messy hands, no fumes, no mess - just don't overfill or top off.

    The systems make it fairly hard (but not impossible) to siphon out the fuel in the tank.

    Adding sugar does not do anything (Myth Busted - compare with adding sand).

    However, adding a ping pong ball, or simply pouring water into the tank WILL lead to problems, so they say ....

    I think GM should fire its marketing people and start listening to actual buyers, would-be buyers, and non-buyers. The outright stupidity of marketing decisions baffles me (and not just GM - all american car makers share in this). Sure, they want people to purchase up-level products, that I understand. But to then deprive a would-be buyer from 'basic' options that $30k cars include in a $40+k car is beyond me....

    I think that threads like these are necessary to make manufacturers aware that the simple things do matter. I don't care if it has to be an option - that is fine. But an option that can only be had in an up-level package is not ok - that is weird marketing. Especially for options that are not easy to retrofit.

    I remember in another thread a buyer complaining that his 'fully loaded' Premium did not have the heated steering wheel and heated seats. So even 'fully loaded' is an incorrect term.

    Imho, all $40k cars should have HID, heated seats, locking fuel filler doors, CUE system, parking sensors + rear view camera, remote start, etc. Having a price-leader car (fleet?) is ok, but do offer these options to all models, not as a complete package. GM, are you listening?
    donavo likes this.

  10. #25
    pissedoffwookiee's Avatar
    pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,111

    Re: I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!!

    Quote Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
    First off - I think it is completely backwards for marketing to not include a solenoid for lockable fuel filler door on a luxury sedan. Packaging such features into 'upgrade level' options is a crime in my book. Especially since many lower priced competitive cars do include it.

    As to not having the fuel cap - it is something we can all blame Ford for, but the benefits outweigh the negatives, I understand. No messy hands, no fumes, no mess - just don't overfill or top off.

    The systems make it fairly hard (but not impossible) to siphon out the fuel in the tank.

    Adding sugar does not do anything (Myth Busted - compare with adding sand).

    However, adding a ping pong ball, or simply pouring water into the tank WILL lead to problems, so they say ....

    I think GM should fire its marketing people and start listening to actual buyers, would-be buyers, and non-buyers. The outright stupidity of marketing decisions baffles me (and not just GM - all american car makers share in this). Sure, they want people to purchase up-level products, that I understand. But to then deprive a would-be buyer from 'basic' options that $30k cars include in a $40+k car is beyond me....

    I think that threads like these are necessary to make manufacturers aware that the simple things do matter. I don't care if it has to be an option - that is fine. But an option that can only be had in an up-level package is not ok - that is weird marketing. Especially for options that are not easy to retrofit.

    I remember in another thread a buyer complaining that his 'fully loaded' Premium did not have the heated steering wheel and heated seats. So even 'fully loaded' is an incorrect term.

    Imho, all $40k cars should have HID, heated seats, locking fuel filler doors, CUE system, parking sensors + rear view camera, remote start, etc. Having a price-leader car (fleet?) is ok, but do offer these options to all models, not as a complete package. GM, are you listening?
    In my opinion, you're partly right.....agreeing with you, there are things missing in the ATS that are available in lower end GM product, things like leather steering wheel and remote start (both standard on a $25k Buick Verano) LED DRL (standard on a $35k cloth GMC acadia) or fog lights (standard on a base GMC Terrain $27k) especially when these things (lighting) are touted as signature pieces on the car (shame on you Cadillac and GM for rewarding less than premium customers with goodies, while slapping the face of customers who rewarded you by moving up to your premium brand).

    not agreeing with you, thing like heated seats, parking sensors, HID, Locking fuel filler, CUE,and Sunroofs, are OK to leave on the options list. heated seats are available as a freestanding option on EVERY ATS, and so is the security pkg, CUE, and sunroofs. Not everybody, wants all these things, everyone is free to get what mix of these goodies they want to tailor the car to their needs, and there is a reason for trim packages and more of these things get included as you move up the range, seems reasonable to me.

    the differance between the first (shamefull) list and the second in this post is it seems to me the first list detracts from the Cadillacness of the car, and the second is personal preference in your own driving experience.

    as a side note, the freestanding security pkg was a $395 option on every level of ATS in 2013 cars and has gone down to $380 for 2014 again availble on every model. I didn't want it, I wanted turbo and CUE, and I got what I wanted, it would have been awesome if the car had the Fogs/LEDs, leather wheel,and remote start, but at the end of the day my car is way better, quieter, faster, handles sweeter, and is way funner than a Verano, Terrain, and Acadia. I don't look at those cars and say "Damn, that car is better than mine because it has X, Y, or Z and I don't".

  11. #26
    torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    131

    Re: I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!!

    The $40,000 or for some of us $50,000+ sticker on the car is paying for the PREMIUM features like the CUE system, the amazing handling, braking, frame, general build quality, etc... not the trivial features that $30,000 cars put in to make them look like $40,000+ on paper.

  12. #27
    rustybear3's Avatar
    rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Age
    62
    Posts
    971

    Re: I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!!

    Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    Dude chill the hell out. Nobody said anything about your mother. You get mad from the smallest things lol.
    Mad? Hell no DUDE.....I find it hilarious.... such serious problems as having an optional locking gas cap ( there's that nasty giving customers a choice not to pay for IMO a worthless option) needs to be met with sensible alternatives...like putting a camera on your gas tank instead....you were kidding...weren't ya?....lol

    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeVic View Post
    That's kinda Rusty Bears "thing". Obnoxious is the only way he knows how to join a conversation. He HAS to interject annoying into the forum.
    I'm sorry....I forgot this was such a serious discussion to "why...oh, why" a locking gas cap is optional on the ATS....to the point where donavo is talking about setting up cameras around the gas cap....oh....and by the way... your only contribution to this thread is complaining about my sarcasm .....wow! Heavy, Heavy ... at least I tried to interject some humor...

    p.s. doesn't anyone read their order form anymore before they order cars?.....umpteenth thread on "I didn't realize it didn't come with"......

  13. #28
    donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles, California, Unite
    Age
    23
    Posts
    1,059

    Re: I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!!

    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Mad? Hell no DUDE.....I find it hilarious.... such serious problems as having an optional locking gas cap ( there's that nasty giving customers a choice not to pay for IMO a worthless option) needs to be met with sensible alternatives...like putting a camera on your gas tank instead....you were kidding...weren't ya?....lol



    I'm sorry....I forgot this was such a serious discussion to "why...oh, why" a locking gas cap is optional on the ATS....to the point where donavo is talking about setting up cameras around the gas cap....oh....and by the way... your only contribution to this thread is complaining about my sarcasm .....wow! Heavy, Heavy ... at least I tried to interject some humor...

    p.s. doesn't anyone read their order form anymore before they order cars?.....umpteenth thread on "I didn't realize it didn't come with"......
    nobody sets up cameras on the gas cap genius...lol. i listed the reasons why i wanted one. gas theft/ vandalism related to gas cap was not the main concern lmao. and lets not forget that thread u started with the jeep having a launch button and ATS not. everyone has something to complain about. for some of us, its ur idea of being rude and calling it humor.

  14. #29
    YankeeVic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE... Yet
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3

    Mad? Hell no DUDE.....I find it hilarious.... such serious problems as having an optional locking gas cap ( there's that nasty giving customers a choice not to pay for IMO a worthless option) needs to be met with sensible alternatives...like putting a camera on your gas tank instead....you were kidding...weren't ya?....lol

    I'm sorry....I forgot this was such a serious discussion to "why...oh, why" a locking gas cap is optional on the ATS....to the point where donavo is talking about setting up cameras around the gas cap....oh....and by the way... your only contribution to this thread is complaining about my sarcasm .....wow! Heavy, Heavy ... at least I tried to interject some humor...

    p.s. doesn't anyone read their order form anymore before they order cars?.....umpteenth thread on "I didn't realize it didn't come with"......
    See, told you.

  15. #30
    C&C's Avatar
    C&C
    C&C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac STS (2011)
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Mount Pleasant, SC
    Age
    63
    Posts
    1,508

    Re: I can't believe Gas Cover Lock is Option on $40000 dollar car!!

    This item (gas cap lock) just happened to 'push your button'; for me, I'm thinking a high dollar car (no specific amount here) should still come with a spare tire and jack and an automatic transmission dipstick tube (for checking level and more importantly checking color). If Cadillac had chosen to include a locking gas feature, someone else could just as easily pick something else esoteric to 'vent' about and we would probably have this same sort of thread. You pays your money (and you takes your choices).
    Hoosier Daddy likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting