Upgraded audio
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Upgraded audio in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Has anyone upgraded their audio system? I own a Luxury 2.0T. I find the bass that come from the Bose ...
    YankeeVic is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE... Yet

Upgraded audio

Has anyone upgraded their audio system? I own a Luxury 2.0T. I find the bass that come from the Bose speakers flat & sometimes missing. Has anyone added a tube or additional speakers? Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Re: Upgraded audio

I am currently working on a system upgrade that will include two JL Audio XD amps, one Rockford 360.3 to integrate the amps in with CUE, one JL Audio 10TW3 and upgraded fronts/center channel (either JL or Hertz, haven't decided)...

The equipment is all installed in a custom fabricated trunk. The trunk is built, but I am having issues posting photos. Once I figure it out, I'll post my progress.
    louie1487 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cullama213
    I am currently working on a system upgrade that will include two JL Audio XD amps, one Rockford 360.3 to integrate the amps in with CUE, one JL Audio 10TW3 and upgraded fronts/center channel (either JL or Hertz, haven't decided)...

The equipment is all installed in a custom fabricated trunk. The trunk is built, but I am having issues posting photos. Once I figure it out, I'll post my progress.
    Wow. That's WAY more complicated than I was thinking. I'm considering just putting a tube in the trunk to enhance the bass. I hope to see those pictures soon. Sounds like quite a project.

donavo is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeVic View Post
    Wow. That's WAY more complicated than I was thinking. I'm considering just putting a tube in the trunk to enhance the bass. I hope to see those pictures soon. Sounds like quite a project.
    i used to be into sound systems in the car with my older cars. but i dont wanna add anything or overkill and make the car a donker. what u wanna do is just fine though. look into the new kicker woofer that just hooks up to power and ur subwoofer speaker. its gotten good reviews. kicker hideaway.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    i used to be into sound systems in the car with my older cars. but i dont wanna add anything or overkill and make the car a donker. what u wanna do is just fine though. look into the new kicker woofer that just hooks up to power and ur subwoofer speaker. its gotten good reviews. kicker hideaway.
    A donker?

Thanks for the insult.

Quote Originally Posted by cullama213 View Post
    A donker?

Thanks for the insult.
    im sorry i didnt mean it that way. from what i read on ur post, ur going all the way and doing a clean job. donker would be if i went and just got the basic essentials from downtown LA and had the mexicans half ass put it in, then listen to music inside while the car sounds like a vibrating dildo from the outside. im positive whatever ur doing is not gonna b like that.
    didnt mean to insult u. im interested to see what urs ends up turning into though. i would put a system in mine as well but i cant go all out like you, so mine would end up being a donker.

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    Kudos and throw up some pics. God knows this Bose system in this car sucks ass!

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by donavo View Post
    im sorry i didnt mean it that way. from what i read on ur post, ur going all the way and doing a clean job. donker would be if i went and just got the basic essentials from downtown LA and had the mexicans half ass put it in, then listen to music inside while the car sounds like a vibrating dildo from the outside. im positive whatever ur doing is not gonna b like that.
    didnt mean to insult u. im interested to see what urs ends up turning into though. i would put a system in mine as well but i cant go all out like you, so mine would end up being a donker.
    too bad you insulted Hispanics though....
    donavo likes this.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    lol,....give a little / take a little, ....asian philosophy could be used to argue his response was in balance, the yin/yang of his statement being apology/insult

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    lmao this is the first post i like by u man. made me chuckle. i didnt think anyone would catch that easily. thought i could .......slip it past u guys

stevenzoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a performance and had a standard with cue, both with the better bose sound system. I had a luxury for a loaner and honestly didn't realize it had less speakers. So weird that you can get the Standard and add CUE as an option, and you get the 10 speakers. Luxury comes standard with CUE but you can't get the 10 speakers unless you get nav? (which isn't even available on the standard)

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    I'm interested in this post as well.....the Bose system is by all accounts "ok" for most people but I've been doing custom audio systems in my cars for 20 years and it just isn't even comparable. MY question is exactly what can you do with a lease?? Would a small amp and an upgraded sub be an issue? Or even a small box in the trunk? The highs and mids are good enough, but I would like to enhance the lows. These systems are weird, sometimes lower bass sounds good but sometimes it's missing.

stevenzoz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

that being said, I do love the system and perhaps didn't take it up all the way in my loaner because I do love me some bass. I previously had a harmon/kardon and Monsoon before that and this is my favorite so far.

I don't want do too much but a little enhancement is needed. The bass is just so weak. What I wonder is how a small tube in the truck would effect the elcetronics. Also, with screws only on the top of the license plate, will a tube make this fine vehicle a rattle box.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeVic View Post
    I don't want do too much but a little enhancement is needed. The bass is just so weak. What I wonder is how a small tube in the truck would effect the elcetronics. Also, with screws only on the top of the license plate, will a tube make this fine vehicle a rattle box.
    I agree, and will add to this wish/request, "a little enhancement, that is drop in easy and either concealed or easily reversible" would prefer a drop in, because the trunk is small enough already and with no spare a wheel well sub is out too.

having been in the home A/V business what I would like if anyone knows of such a beast is a sub that is infinite baffle friendly (makeing it drop in friendly) that has a lighter diaphram (makes speaker much more responsive and tighter sounding) and had a high sensitivity (makes it react more and louder with the same power) and most importantly is tolerant of bose (weird OHM and power) I get this from my favorite brand of speaker, Martin Logan their membrane/filament speakers are so fast and accurate, that there was not a sub on the market that could keep up resulting in muddy sound so they developed their own concentrating on lightweight drivers (for speed) and high sensitivity (for speed, accuracy, and detail to maximise available power)

this sounds like just what our Bose needs, and my Martin Logan sub is amazing, after my panasonic plasma easily my favorite home theater component. its very tight sounding and accurate, fast enough to reach up into mid/mid bass, very easy on the ears and subtle, but LOUD!!! as hell when the action starts happening onscreen. I would be overjoyed if our bose sub sounded like this, but i will settle for a little easy improvement.

again if anyone knows of such a speaker please do tell.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.