Upgraded audio - Page 3
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Upgraded audio in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I had to pull out the noise cancelation microphones in the headliner due to the fact it would send out ...
    stephencsombok is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Re: Upgraded audio

I had to pull out the noise cancelation microphones in the headliner due to the fact it would send out low frequency (aka BASS) to cancel out road noise. Did any of you guys have the same problem?

Thanks

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

I am not hearing any issues yet... My 10" sounds amazing.
    What did you add?

Also, how hard was it to remove the mics?

duneless is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Black Raven 2013 ATS4 (BD 8/12)

I had to cut one wire on each mic to stop the rumble feedback. Easy to reconnect .
    Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    you can't turn off the ANC I think the setting being referred to is the Bose audiopilot(which is defeatable) which adjusts eq and volume levels based on road noise increase heard through the mics …same mics different function ANC listens for road AND engine noise and specifically targets them with a cancelation noise (opposite phase generated signal introduced into the audio signal sent to speakers)

----------

I had the same problem. As soon as your door is closed it activates the ncs.Feed back starts as soon as you hit the brakes ,Back up and such. Road noise. I talked about this on another thread. They seemed not to have this problem. I cut 1 wire on each mic.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephencsombok View Post
    I had to pull out the noise cancelation microphones in the headliner due to the fact it would send out low frequency (aka BASS) to cancel out road noise. Did any of you guys have the same problem?

Thanks

bmcleod is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium ATS 2.0T AWD
    Impressive upgrade Cullama213, looks like nice work, bet it sounds good too.

Rifle and rucksack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by cullama213
    Got the sub wired up this weekend... Sounds great and no issues with the ANC, at least from what I can tell. Now I need to add some sound deadening...
    Cullama213, this is pretty much the same setup I was thinking of except I was just going to purchase a prowedge enclosure from JL audio with the w7 or the w6. Judging by your installation, do you think either of these would be overkill? Also I was planing to go with the slash 600v3 to power it because it had the built in bass EQ, is it really needed? Lastly, what speaker setup did you go with up front? Thanks in advance, Mike.

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Those who disabled the mics... Do you notice a difference in noise levels now? I found the quietness of the cabin one of the best features of this car.

I hear the engine and the exhaust better. For me that suits me better. Really though I can't tell much difference besides driving on the highway I get more noise. In town on the roads I drive it like I stole it and I always heard the engine and the exhaust. I prefer the mics disconnected . That's just me.
    Quote Originally Posted by torkibe View Post
    Those who disabled the mics... Do you notice a difference in noise levels now? I found the quietness of the cabin one of the best features of this car.

transam00 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 T

I've been hearing a strange sound at around 70mph .it's like the wind buffering around the car and it doesn't seem natural. I wonder if it's the sound cancelation stuff !!

I would say yes if you have an amp and sub. Mine would slowing down or taking off. A roar sound like I had a v8. As soon as I cut 1wire on each Mic it stopped. Maybe if you have the 10 speaker system and nav. Some people don't get it. Maybe they don't have the 10 speaker. Not sure. All wires are run away from each other so no noise coming from rcas. Anyway it solved my v8 sound. All its doing is sending a low freq to your sub to cancel out road noise. And if it is amplified with an amp than its enough to cancel out a jet airplane. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by transam00 View Post
    I've been hearing a strange sound at around 70mph .it's like the wind buffering around the car and it doesn't seem natural. I wonder if it's the sound cancelation stuff !!

onecleancaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac ATS

I hate to revive an old thread, and I may have missed it stated else where, but about cutting the mic's... I assume these are the same mic's used for bluetooth, no?

CADILLACATS2013 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS

No the mic for voice command and bluetooth is in headliner in front of driver, the mics to cut for bose noise cancelling are located in headliner in backseat in the middle and in the hand grips on driver and passenger side in the headliner above the doors.

jason75070 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD
    I'm seriously considering a relatively high end upgrade but am concerned that the money invested maybe overkill. I have the factory Bose 10 speaker and can't decide if I just want to add a sub or go full tilt. Those that have made upgrades, do you have any opinions or suggestions?

Nothing wrong with going all out. Not that hard to get the job done. You know if you do a sub you will probably want more. I'm happy just with a sub for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jason75070 View Post
    I'm seriously considering a relatively high end upgrade but am concerned that the money invested maybe overkill. I have the factory Bose 10 speaker and can't decide if I just want to add a sub or go full tilt. Those that have made upgrades, do you have any opinions or suggestions?

greezychef is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual

Quote Originally Posted by jason75070 View Post
    describe "full tilt" please. do you want to "feel" the music?

lol, just noticed mckinney, tx. hit me up man. ill come to you so you can hear mine.
    duneless likes this.

jason75070 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 3.6 RWD
    Quote Originally Posted by greezychef
    describe "full tilt" please. do you want to "feel" the music? lol, just noticed mckinney, tx. hit me up man. ill come to you so you can hear mine.
    Audison Bit Ten, Hertz HDP5 amplifier, Hertz Hi-Energy separates in the front (active) and Hybrid Audio Clarus 10 or 12 in a ported enclosure.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.