Big ATS problem...
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Big ATS problem... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Hello, To start off, I love cars, in 2010 the SRX got my attention and I got one. It was ...
    Peyton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 ATS Premium

Big ATS problem...

Hello,

To start off, I love cars, in 2010 the SRX got my attention and I got one. It was a performance version I believe, it had a lot of techie stuff. I was unimpressed with fit and finish, yet, good materials. I also hated that the 'chrome tipped exhaust' was just rings around the real exhaust, otherwise good car!

Anyways... fast forward to yesterday, I got a 2013 ATS, new, premium with performance package. Black on black with the updated wheels.

I did my research. I liked the styling better than the competition, read many articles and watched a lot of videos. I test drove one that I was told was EXACTLY THE SAME and FULLY LOADED, except it had the diamond coat black paint instead of black raven. Well that all made sense to me because the one I wanted with black raven paint was also there, same basic price but a little higher due to the wheel cost.

I finally get done after 3 days of going back and forth with paperwork, to come in and pick it up. Everything about the car is perfect except I get in the car and a HUGE glaring problem. There's no heated seats or heated steering wheel. Now I have had 7 cars in my life, my first bing a 2001 manual VW Jetta GLS, and ALL of them have had heated seats... for a #49,630 car, it should have heated seats.

Of course I read the entire window sticker, I talked to my sales person, and yes I never asked specifically 'does it have heated seats?' but he told me it was 'fully loaded' and the thing comes standard with much more expensive things than heated seats such as a HUD, sensors everywhere, back up camera upgraded sound system etc.

So I get in after buying it with the sales person and I say...no heated seats? He says, yes that's another package. I said but you said this was fully loaded? He said well its fully loaded meaning the highest trim level.

I'm not one to want to blow my top or be a jerk so I just said to myself, get over it, its not worth the fight. But I'm a little annoyed by it and was wondering if anyone else had this problem or what I might do about it.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

Re: Big ATS problem...

If you just got the car, call them. Be assertive but polite. If they are a good dealer they'll work with you on it.

Peyton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 ATS Premium

Thanks, I didn't even negotiate the price of the car down except for their normal GM incentives which I think was a total of $1,800. So they have no reason to think they are getting screwed.

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I have the premium pkg and even though I knew it was an extra 600 bucks for the cold weather pkg I feel it should have come std. How you can sell the top of the line premium pkg and still ask an extra 600 bucks is pretty lame in my book but I drew the line and decided I wasn't going to spend another dime on my 47 thousand dollar car. My wife efeels the same way. She can't understand why the heated seats aren't std like they were on both our Audis but at the same time she feels that paying an extra 600 bucks is just plain stupid on a top of the line pkg car this expensive.

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

You guys fail to realize that in warm weather climates, such as California, etc., that the warm seat and steering wheel option is totally worthless! If you don't need it, why have to pay for it in terms of overall cost?....save $600 and spend it on something else. Nice to have that option. Be more upset with a sales person who "bent the truth" about it being fully loaded.....fully loaded means all the options available in my book!!!! I'd tell them find me another car, or I'd take it up with Cadillac for a truth in advertising claim...

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by JSATS View Post
    I have the premium pkg and even though I knew it was an extra 600 bucks for the cold weather pkg I feel it should have come std. How you can sell the top of the line premium pkg and still ask an extra 600 bucks is pretty lame in my book but I drew the line and decided I wasn't going to spend another dime on my 47 thousand dollar car. My wife efeels the same way. She can't understand why the heated seats aren't std like they were on both our Audis but at the same time she feels that paying an extra 600 bucks is just plain stupid on a top of the line pkg car this expensive.
    Not sure you are looking at it right. They are charging $600 LESS to anyone who doesn't want it, not charging you for it in the price of the car and then not giving it to you. There are LOTS of people who don't want heated seats at any cost. What you are suggesting is that Cadillac should annoy those people or lose sales to avoid other people having to check a box.

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    You guys fail to realize that in warm weather climates, such as California, etc., that the warm seat and steering wheel option is totally worthless!
    Not sure if you've ever traveled around this country, but at least parts of every state in America gets cold at some point. On my trips to California, I definitely could've used heated seats in LA at night in the winter.

rspitler is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 3.6 Premium Crystal Red Tintcoat ATS
    I have heated seats in my 06 Trailblazer SS. I live in Florida. Guess how many times I've used them? Anyone? And I paid for them cuz they were included in a pkg of other options.

Guess if I have heated seats in my Premium 3.6? Nope, but had the choice to save $600.

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    Not sure if you've ever traveled around this country, but at least parts of every state in America gets cold at some point. On my trips to California, I definitely could've used heated seats in LA at night in the winter.
    Too funny.

Let me get this straight. You are saying that anyone who says they don't need heated seats are delusional and that "big auto maker" should protect them from themselves by forcing them to have them. What you may be overlooking is that not everyone NEEDS someone else to protect them from making mistakes.
    MASCAD and ben.gators like this.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

well this went downhill fast

Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

bravnik is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Premium, Raven/Murano, Sunroof, CAP

I live in SF. I like my heated seats but I love the heated steering wheel (I wished my heated grips on my motorcycle worked as fast).

With that said, I would think heated seats/steering wheel should be standard on the premium build. It is the top of the line build and should have all the bells and whistles (with the exception of the 4k nanny package).

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    well this went downhill fast

Back off. Per the title this is a BIG problem.

Someone needs to make sure what ever car anyone buys is exactly the one they wanted. We can't leave the selection up to the buyer because they could make a mistake, as well documented in this thread.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by bravnik View Post
    I would think heated seats/steering wheel should be standard on the premium build. It is the top of the line build and should have all the bells and whistles (with the exception of the 4k nanny package).
    I have a great idea. Those who think the Premium package must force heated seats on the buyers shall pick a champion from their ranks. Then those who think the Premium package must force the Driver Assist Package on buyers will choose a champion. Then it will be settled in the prescribed manner.

ben.gators likes this.

huna is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 AWD Premium Thunder Gray, Caramel, with peanuts

Hoosier Daddy, the sarcasm is strong in you!

Lorne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo Performance Manual
    In Canada, the cold weather package with heated seats comes standard on every ATS, it's not an option. I rarely use it, but appreciate that they're thinking of us freezing up here!

bluecrayon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorne
    In Canada, the cold weather package with heated seats comes standard on every ATS, it's not an option. I rarely use it, but appreciate that they're thinking of us freezing up here!
    It seems that way in buffalo area as well. Every single one I looked at several different dealers had cold weather package.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.