Big ATS problem... - Page 4
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Big ATS problem... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept There is only one heated seat part. Well two none for back and one for bottom. ...
    Peyton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 ATS Premium

Re: Big ATS problem...

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    There is only one heated seat part. Well two none for back and one for bottom. Ok four. Driver and passenger.

But those parts are separate from the seat color/design options. It does not double the number of parts for seats.
    So the back of the seat doesn't even warm up? Just the bottom half? My old SRX had just ok heated seats, all 5 of my VW cars had heated seats and not just the back and bottom, but the side bolsters of the seats too. The SRX had minimal coverage and the ATS, well, I'm the OP and my $50k car DOES NOT HAVE THEM :-P

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyton
    my $50k car DOES NOT HAVE THEM :-P
    Because you didn't order it with them (or you bought one that was ordered without them).

Just sayin...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

JSATS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 ATS 2.0 premium

I think those who think they are saving 600 bucks because they don't need heated seats are delusional. Do you really think your paying less because it's an option? The ATS is a few thousand more than an equally equipped Audi A4 that I was also looking at buying but the Audi came with heated seats and sunroof std. caddy should include heated seats with their top of the line premium pkg because I would bet that 90 percent of North America ATS owners would want it. I just think that the reason they make more things optional isn't to save you money if you don't wan't them it's so they can charge you more if you do.

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

Hello mate, I am one of those delusional people you mentioned! I was looking at A4s too, but I ended up choosing the ATS performance because it is a better car in terms of dynamics, chassis, and fit and finish. That extra thousand dollars you mentioned have been spent to buy the better car! MSRP for my ATS is $45k, and it doesn't come with heated seats, and I don't need it. I live in Hawaii! I used to live in Arizona before, and my old STS had heated seats, but I never used them. And before Arizona, I was in Florida, and my Regal didn't have heated seats, and I never felt that I need them in Florida.

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    And A4s drive like a front wheel drive car, oh wait, they are lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
    And A4s drive like a front wheel drive car, oh wait, they are lol.
    I owned 2 A4's and they both were AWD. I would not knock the Audi A4, they are great driving cars. The ATS is the first American car to draw me away from my Audis. Right now I'm not too pleased with My ATS. After waiting two weeks for a new engine to be installed in my ATS my wife got a half block from the dealership before the check engine light came on again. Now its back at the dealers for more work!

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    I'd be outraged too n

Well I finally got my car back. The dealer told me that Cadillac took a complete engine right off the assembly line and shipped it to them. The engine came complete with the turbo and everything attached and it even had the oil in it. They didn't send a crate engine like he thought because they wanted the original engine untouched so they could take it apart.

ben.gators is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Turbo Performance, 99 Seville STS--Gone!

^
    I am happy that they took a good care of you. In mass production, sometimes a few bad products end up in customers hands. The important thing is how the company handles the case.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.