Big ATS problem... - Page 2
cadillac ats forums cadillac ats forums
CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
Cadillac ATS General Discussion Forum Discussion, Big ATS problem... in Cadillac ATS Discussion Forums; I have heated seats in my CTS I live in Texas and never turn them on. I have ventelated seats ...
    Caddy Chris is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS Premium

Re: Big ATS problem...

I have heated seats in my CTS I live in Texas and never turn them on. I have ventelated seats as well and they don't work all that well so I don't use them either. When you go to the Cadillac site to build your own it is clear that heated seats is an option on all packages.
    rustybear3 likes this.

Dave3283 is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS, 2.0t - Performance
    Lucky me; I got everything I expected - reviewed the brochure a dozen times and confirmed the details of the contract before signing. Even got the lights as described in the brochure.

mbk2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 2.0T Premium

The thing I hated about the Japanese method of bundling was that you were always forced to buy one thing you didn't want to get something you did. I like the fact that you at least have some flexibility when you order your ATS,

gohawks63 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe, 2011 BMW X5 Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by bravnik
    I live in SF. I like my heated seats but I love the heated steering wheel (I wished my heated grips on my motorcycle worked as fast).

With that said, I would think heated seats/steering wheel should be standard on the premium build. It is the top of the line build and should have all the bells and whistles (with the exception of the 4k nanny package).
    I thought that's how Cadillac did that. When I bought my CTS you either bought the Premium model (which I did) that included pretty much everything including heated/cooled seats, heated steering wheel, navigation, etc. or you bought the performance model and added the option packages you wanted.

Peyton is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 ATS Premium

Hey all,

Well its not a huge problem because of the remote start etc but its the principle. I live in Lexington KY which had a 6 month freezing winter last year. I am most annoyed that the sales person told me it was 'exactly like the other one except the real black'.

As far as travelling the country, I just got back from a 7000 mile road trip in 7 days outlined here: https://vimeo.com/68112208 and I can attest that most all of the country gets cold at some point! But I definitely agree with whoever said that people shouldn't have to pay extra for it. I do however think it should be a special order on the premium performance package cars to NOT have it, and give you a discount. However-- if you order a cheeseburger plain, they don't deduct the price of lettuce and tomato. Also remember that the actual cost of heated seats is probably less than $30 at volume amounts.

After a bitter night I feel like I don't want to fight this battle. I don't want a reputation for being difficult. The car now has 230 miles on it, they can't take it back probably for whatever reason because it technically is 'used'.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton View Post
    Hey all,

Well its not a huge problem because of the remote start etc but its the principle. I live in Lexington KY which had a 6 month freezing winter last year. I am most annoyed that the sales person told me it was 'exactly like the other one except the real black'.

As far as travelling the country, I just got back from a 7000 mile road trip in 7 days outlined here: https://vimeo.com/68112208 and I can attest that most all of the country gets cold at some point! But I definitely agree with whoever said that people shouldn't have to pay extra for it. I do however think it should be a special order on the premium performance package cars to NOT have it, and give you a discount. However-- if you order a cheeseburger plain, they don't deduct the price of lettuce and tomato. Also remember that the actual cost of heated seats is probably less than $30 at volume amounts.

After a bitter night I feel like I don't want to fight this battle. I don't want a reputation for being difficult. The car now has 230 miles on it, they can't take it back probably for whatever reason because it technically is 'used'.

On another note, as I was walking out to the car for the first time I saw that the windowsill was not attached on the driver side rear window. So the FIRST thing they made me do was drive it to the service lane... they couldn't fix it, it was clearly not attached. I rolled down the window and had to pop it in myself. In the test car, the headliner which is attached by some kind of velcro was coming down and I had to put it back in place... so there are definitely some fit and finish issues!!!
    your state may have a cooling off period just for this reason, look into that, and if you are nice, persistant, but express your dissapointment in being misled by the salesman, and again persistant ask for your dealer to unwind the deal and sell you the other one. as long as you assure them you intend to walk away owning an ATS so they wont lose a sale they might help you out.

the key word is unwind they'll know what that means, its basically a voided sale, yet it allows the dealer to sell the car again with the waranty intact, they will still have to sell as used if they registered it, if they havent yet (could still be wainting on the bank) then even better they can just void the sale. but the key thing to help your cause is time, the longer you wait, and every mile you add further glues you to that car.

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

I sort of agree with that, but I wanted just paddle shifters on my 2.0T Standard (WITH heated seats and CUE by the way) and I was told nope, gotta go up $3000 or so to the next trim level. I was able to install remote start as a GM Accessory for ~$150 after purchasing (instead of $3000 for the next trim level). I don't need HIDs, or HUDs, Butt vibrators, or other Nanny devices, or even fog lamps (which no body uses as fog lamps anyway) but the paddle shifter add-on would have been nice. I've learned to deal with it...

Quote Originally Posted by mbk2010 View Post
    The thing I hated about the Japanese method of bundling was that you were always forced to buy one thing you didn't want to get something you did. I like the fact that you at least have some flexibility when you order your ATS,

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

how do you get paddle shifters with a standard trans?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    your state may have a cooling off period just for this reason, look into that, and if you are nice, persistant, but express your dissapointment in being misled by the salesman, and again persistant ask for your dealer to unwind the deal and sell you the other one. as long as you assure them you intend to walk away owning an ATS so they wont lose a sale they might help you out.

the key word is unwind they'll know what that means, its basically a voided sale, yet it allows the dealer to sell the car again with the waranty intact, they will still have to sell as used if they registered it, if they havent yet (could still be wainting on the bank) then even better they can just void the sale. but the key thing to help your cause is time, the longer you wait, and every mile you add further glues you to that car.
    Very good advice. The dealer should share responsibility if the salesman told you the car had the feature whether directly or indirectly. Naturally an identical car with the winter package will cost more.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    how do you get paddle shifters with a standard trans?
    I made the same misinterpretation when I first joined the forum. He probably means standard collection, not "standard" transmission, a term younger people have probably never even heard. A clue is he added factory remote start which is not possible with the manual transmission.

RippyPartsDept is online now Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Oh, i didn't know that there was a 'standard' trim level ...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    Oh, i didn't know that there was a 'standard' trim level ...
    Cadillac nomenclature trim packages = collections

Standard
    Luxury Collection
    Performance Collection
    Premium Collection

they only call the top 3 trim levels collections though, the entry is always called base, that is until the ATS then they started calling the base the standard

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton View Post
    Hello,

To start off, I love cars, in 2010 the SRX got my attention and I got one. It was a performance version I believe, it had a lot of techie stuff. I was unimpressed with fit and finish, yet, good materials. I also hated that the 'chrome tipped exhaust' was just rings around the real exhaust, otherwise good car!

Anyways... fast forward to yesterday, I got a 2013 ATS, new, premium with performance package. Black on black with the updated wheels.

I did my research. I liked the styling better than the competition, read many articles and watched a lot of videos. I test drove one that I was told was EXACTLY THE SAME and FULLY LOADED, except it had the diamond coat black paint instead of black raven. Well that all made sense to me because the one I wanted with black raven paint was also there, same basic price but a little higher due to the wheel cost.

I finally get done after 3 days of going back and forth with paperwork, to come in and pick it up. Everything about the car is perfect except I get in the car and a HUGE glaring problem. There's no heated seats or heated steering wheel. Now I have had 7 cars in my life, my first bing a 2001 manual VW Jetta GLS, and ALL of them have had heated seats... for a #49,630 car, it should have heated seats.

Of course I read the entire window sticker, I talked to my sales person, and yes I never asked specifically 'does it have heated seats?' but he told me it was 'fully loaded' and the thing comes standard with much more expensive things than heated seats such as a HUD, sensors everywhere, back up camera upgraded sound system etc.

So I get in after buying it with the sales person and I say...no heated seats? He says, yes that's another package. I said but you said this was fully loaded? He said well its fully loaded meaning the highest trim level.

I'm not one to want to blow my top or be a jerk so I just said to myself, get over it, its not worth the fight. But I'm a little annoyed by it and was wondering if anyone else had this problem or what I might do about it.

Thanks
    Hello Peyton,

Sorry to hear that you didn't have heated seats included with your vehicle purchase. If there is anything we can do to assist you with this situation please let us know.

Amber N.
    Cadillac Customer Care

rustybear3 is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    Not sure if you've ever traveled around this country, but at least parts of every state in America gets cold at some point. On my trips to California, I definitely could've used heated seats in LA at night in the winter.
    I lived in California for a number of years....no need for seat warmers.....live in Ohio now.....like the seat warmers and paid for them....you miss the point; it's nice to have the option NOT to pay for something you don't need....Hell, years back there was a time when a heater was optional in California (1957 T-Bird) cars ....

----------

You know, I REALLY wanted to have the blind zone warning system in my Premium ATS....could only get it if I paid $3000k for driver assist package...I'm PISSED!!!....why should I pay an extra $3000??... Should be standard on a Premium package; and they should throw in the adaptive Cruise to boot!!!

Fraggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Why should they. Even the top trim should have options.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    you miss the point; it's nice to have the option NOT to pay for something you don't need.
    Absolutely

You know, I REALLY wanted to have the blind zone warning system in my Premium ATS....could only get it if I paid $3000k for driver assist package...I'm PISSED!!!....why should I pay an extra $3000??.
    I think zone warning certainly fits the description of the Driver Awareness package better than Driver Assist package. I've noticed some much cheaper cars that have all the "awareness" features of the ATS Awareness and Assist packages.

Should be standard on a Premium package; and they should throw in the adaptive Cruise to boot!!!
    I guess we may be seeing you in Thunderdome!
    rustybear3 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.