Cadillac Owners Forum banner

is it fixable?

4K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  sdm100 
#1 ·
My 3 month old ATS had a front end encounter with a deer at 55mph. Probably wont know what the exact damage is unil car is stripped.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
YIKES!!! but luckily it doesn't look too bad (relatively lol) It looks like you'll just need a new Quarter panel, Headlight and hood and it should be good to go. Just make sure nothing behind it got damaged, but from the photo's I dont think its that bad T.B.H, nothing you cant do in the driveway.

#5 ·
Oh, man, I feel for ya. I once hit a deer five days after I got my "dream car", so I can identify. The car looks quite repairable based on what I see in the pics, but I'm not a mechanic.

It sort of looks like the deer ran into you as opposed to you running into it?

G
#6 ·
Sdm100,
I hit a deer Tuesday morning on a freeway exit ramp. Fortunately for me and the deer (which ran off after a few seconds) I wasn’t going as fast as you, maybe 40mph. My damage isn’t as bad as yours either. My hood and door weren’t damaged and the headlight appears to be intact, although angled downward. My estimate is $1,671 but it could go higher depending on the bumper and headlight condition. My shop plans to refinish the existing bumper cover but we won’t know if its structure is intact until disassembly, same for the grille and headlight. My fender will be replaced. Good luck. Bert

#9 ·
pever said:
Grille cracked too. Internal damage. I would bet on $8,000 to $10,000.
No way is it that much unless the airbags were deployed. I am guessing between $4K - $5K.

Does the car have HIDs?

New headlight assembly and new fender along with repair and blending in the surrounding area.

Reason being is that back in 2005 I had an accident with my Acura TL with similar damage.

New bumper cover
New headlight assembly
New HID bulb
New ballast
New fender
Repair to the hood and a bit near the door
Repaint and blend into the surrounding areas

Repair was $4,500. Given in flatiron maybe you're just over $5K.

#11 ·
Ok now 42 days into the repair final tally $16K. Unfortunatley the time taken resulted from my MA dealers body shop ineptitude . thought i would go there with a 3 month old car only to find out they s--k and did nothing. New body shop had porsches bentleys rolls etc so i'm in good hands. Cant wait to get it back on the road

G
#16 ·
My car still hasn’t been to the body shop so I don’t know what my final bill will be. Body shops around here are buried in hail damage work and I don’t want to compromise on a lower-quality body shop. My car should be finished by the end of next week. Bert

#17 ·
This was just under $5,000 all in, and 8 days. Parking lot hit and run, false phone number left, a couple months back. Even the wheel was hit and needed to be realigned. The replacement part is essentially the side of the car and they cut where it makes the most sense to them - in my case at the top of the C pillar, I think they said. White Diamond blend was fabulous - kudos to my Caddy dealer's shop. Not a concern raised by my insurer either.

#18 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Personal luxury car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Luxury vehicle Hood

I hit a deer going about 45 mph. Total repair cost was $6200.
It was bad enough that they had to replace the radiator and A/C condenser.
Geico tricked me into taking it to a Honda dealership for the repairs.
When I picked it up, it had chips in the paint and they forgot to install fasteners in the rear fender liner.

#19 ·
Just picked my car up, 8 weeks later (granted 3 weeks of that was the car sitting idle in dealer body shot while they did sh#t), had it taken to Providence autobody amazing work!!!! Suggestion dont get hit as the repairs totaled out at $15K. Hood $700, lights $1000 each, sensor in front bumper $1100 etc etc. Plus since mandated OEM parts took along time to get them from Detroit. Bambi committing suicide was an expensive adventure

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.